ADVERTISEMENT

Gilbertville wiffle ball fence allowed to remain on city property after dispute

A- if you are worried about the athestics of Gilbertville, start with the actual town.
B- nobody is driving through Gilbertville.
C- they are getting mad at kids for being outside, constructing something, and being active.
D- nice job of having the guts to remain anonymous and not showing up to the city meeting to discuss it.

A- if you are worried about the athestics of Gilbertville, start with the actual town.
B- nobody is driving through Gilbertville.
C- they are getting mad at kids for being outside, constructing something, and being active.
D- nice job of having the guts to remain anonymous and not showing up to the city meeting to discuss it.

Yeah, Gibertville has got nothing on Washburn!

I don't know where Washburn is...

Well, I’m not surprised by that actually. Just a few clicks due west of Gilbertville, I did 1st-4th grade there a long long time ago. The school is complete gone now. It had to be the most far flung school in the entire Waterloo district.

Did you have a guy named Drachenberg for speech?

Hahaha. Dude... I am a teacher now. I talk about that class alllllllll the time with my kids now. They whine about having to make a speech in front of 4 people. There are kids who literally unable to (and written into their IEP) to not do speeches in front of the class.

I let them all know they would have died in Drachenberg's class. He was there so long that my parents had him too. I didn't mind him but he was kinda creepy towards the girls.

What year were you there?

• Haha
Reactions: ConvenientParking
Hahaha. Dude... I am a teacher now. I talk about that class alllllllll the time with my kids now. They whine about having to make a speech in front of 4 people. There are kids who literally unable to (and written into their IEP) to not do speeches in front of the class.

I let them all know they would have died in Drachenberg's class. He was there so long that my parents had him too. I didn't mind him but he was kinda creepy towards the girls.

What year were you there?
03-04. Man was a character. And did enjoy flirting with some 14-15 yos.

03-04. Man was a character. And did enjoy flirting with some 14-15 yos.

I was going to say, you probably were younger than me. I was there in 99 so graduated in 03.

Flirting was one thing... he was asking girls to do poses for our lip sync and dance project that would raise their crop tops pretty high and then take pictures for the classroom board.

I was going to say, you probably were younger than me. I was there in 99 so graduated in 03.

Flirting was one thing... he was asking girls to do poses for our lip sync and dance project that would raise their crop tops pretty high and then take pictures for the classroom board.
"That-a-babbyyyyyy"

• Haha
Reactions: Hawkfan_08
I got as far as far as Southdale...closest I ever got to Peet was the swimming pool.
I forgot they had a pool! That was nuts. We used it for a one week swimming unit in gym. My high school did not have a pool nor my elementary school.

@Hawkfan_08 did you have Chidester for gym?

Last edited:
I forgot they had a pool! That was nuts. We used it for a one week swimming unit in gym. My high school did not have a pool nor my elementary school.

Funny...I actually forgot they had a pool....I was talking about the outdoor municipal pool across the street.

...but yea...took swimming lessons or something like that at the Peet pool.

I forgot they had a pool! That was nuts. We used it for a one week swimming unit in gym. My high school did not.

Yep. One of my only detentions. I was scared crapless around that man. I threw deodorant over the lockers and he saw me. I was always told that he was a lot nicer until his brother murdered someone.

Who else did you have? I just coached against a science teacher Mrs. Sweeny's (now Beneke) daughter. I liked her. Baumann and Hartmann made me so mad during basketball. I was on the C team because I was short but we beat our B team every time we scrimmaged. Bigalow and Jensen were the older evil teachers.

Funny...I actually forgot they had a pool....I was talking about the outdoor municipal pool across the street.

...but yea...took swimming lessons or something like that at the Peet pool.

Old Ray Edwards. Had mini golf and super cheap candy. Doesn't exist anymore. Neither does Peet's pool.

I went to Orchard Hill. Must have lived somewhat close.

Yep. One of my only detentions. I was scared crapless around that man. I threw deodorant over the lockers and he saw me. I was always told that he was a lot nicer until his brother murdered someone.

Who else did you have? I just coached against a science teacher Mrs. Sweeny's (now Beneke) daughter. I liked her. Baumann and Hartmann made me so mad during basketball. I was on the C team because I was short but we beat our B team every time we scrimmaged. Bigalow and Jensen were the older evil teachers.
I had a science teacher who married the now head basketball coach at CF who was at the time the 9th grade coach at Peet. Lammers was her name then. I think Schultz is the basketball coach? They started dating shortly after our preseason team meeting which was in her classroom. I had Clark for history and football (I liked Clark a lot). Mallin for a couple English classes.

Reactions: Hawkfan_08
I went to Orchard Hill. Must have lived somewhat close.

Orchard Hill area...I could see it across the cornfield....I was on a nice dead end on the edge of town....Spruce Hills....until I heard they turned it into a freeway exit 😳

I lived kitty corner from Pfeiffer Park at the time. We moved there the year they opened the bike bridge between Pfeiffer and George Wyth.

I lived kitty corner from Pfeiffer Park at the time. We moved there the year they opened the bike bridge between Pfeiffer and George Wyth.

No joke, I saw someone almost die on that trail. I was playing slowpitch softball and a huge tree branch fell on the trail. A runner just went through and two younger kids went the other way on their bikes. Freaky...

• Wow
Reactions: ConvenientParking
Orchard Hill area...I could see it across the cornfield....I was on a nice dead end on the edge of town....Spruce Hills....until I heard they turned it into a freeway exit 😳
I know I had a buddy live on Spruce but for the life of me I can't think of where it is now. Have to look it up.

I had a science teacher who married the now head basketball coach at CF who was at the time the 9th grade coach at Peet. Lammers was her name then. I think Schultz is the basketball coach? They started dating shortly after our preseason team meeting which was in her classroom. I had Clark for history and football (I liked Clark a lot). Mallin for a couple English classes.

Schultz got that freshman job my 9th grade year. I liked him. Clark was great.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT