ADVERTISEMENT

Girlfriend Bought AR-15 style Firearms for Felon Weeks before He Ambushed/Murdered 2 Police Officers & 1 Paramedic

i just can't believe that no red flags were raised when this woman was buying all of these guns and ammo. I mean, do women normally buy AR-15's?

I dunno.....it's just mind boggling.....the damn cops had to chance.....luckily the third cop in the house "only" suffered non life threatening gunshot wounds. He was the supervisor of the 2 cops murdered. He also saw the paramedic running towards them when the paramedic was shot & killed. Imagine the mental shit he's going through....
Females purchase ar platform rifles everyday.

This story proves that not only do we need to reform gun laws, we need to outlaw certain weapons.

This isn't a difficult concept.
LOL. It's not enough to have laws, just outlaw the weapons themselves. That's almost the bumper sticker. Amend the Constitution.

You will never be able to outlaw guns. You can pass a law to do that, but people who want guns will still have them, or make them.

The 2A doesn't say felons can't have a gun. Why are some of you ok with that law/limitation but not additional???
The concept is the bill of rights protects our rights unless there's harm or proximate harm to others. Being convicted of a felony, especially a violent felony, fits that concept.

Reactions: ClarindaA's
Most rifles will go right through a soft vest. Need plates to stop a rifle round.

and I will claim ignorance again when I ask what do cops normally wear?

not gonna lie; I initially thought the cops got shot in the head but then the reports came out that they were shot in the torso....

i just can't believe that no red flags were raised when this woman was buying all of these guns and ammo. I mean, do women normally buy AR-15's?

I dunno.....it's just mind boggling.....the damn cops had to chance.....luckily the third cop in the house "only" suffered non life threatening gunshot wounds. He was the supervisor of the 2 cops murdered. He also saw the paramedic running towards them when the paramedic was shot & killed. Imagine the mental shit he's going through....
That is because the nra, I mean govt, doesn't want any red flags raised.

Reactions: fsu1jreed
The paramedic had no bullet proof protection when he attempted to help the officers who had been shot.

Reports stated that the 2 officers killed were shot in the chest/abdomen area. Hopefully more details will come out.

One question that's not been answered: did the bullets penetrate the bullet proof vests?

from the story:

among the firearms Dyrdahl bought and transferred to Gooden at his direction were three semiautomatic AR-15–style firearm lower-receivers. One of these was a Franklin Armory FAI-15 .300-caliber semiautomatic firearm that was equipped with a binary trigger. A firearm with a binary trigger fires one shot when the trigger is pulled, and another when the trigger is released, effectively doubling the rate of fire. Dyrdahl also purchased a .300-caliber barrel for the lower receiver.

Dyrdahl knew that Gooden was loading the semiautomatic AR-15–style firearms with
.300 Blackout ammunition, which is a heavier load ammunition that has an increased potential for lethality

No, whisky just said he could have killed just as easily with a 9mm

and I will claim ignorance again when I ask what do cops normally wear?

not gonna lie; I initially thought the cops got shot in the head but then the reports came out that they were shot in the torso....

Our military wears plates..cops wear vests that can stop small caliber pistol rounds

Our military wears plates..cops wear vests that can stop small caliber pistol rounds

that's what I was afraid of

from the story:

Dyrdahl (the girlfriend) knew that Gooden was loading the semiautomatic AR-15–style firearms with .300 Blackout ammunition, which is a heavier load ammunition that has an increased potential for lethality

Reactions: fsu1jreed
that's what I was afraid of

from the story:

Dyrdahl (the girlfriend) knew that Gooden was loading the semiautomatic AR-15–style firearms with .300 Blackout ammunition, which is a heavier load ammunition that has an increased potential for lethality
300 blackout is very similar to 45acp ballistically. People use it because you can slow it down to subsonic and run it with a suppressor. The "potential for lethality" would only come from combining it with a suppressor.

Level 3A armor would stop a 300 blackout I believe. I also would have been expecting them to be wearing 3a so I could be wrong or it could simply be that body armor doesn't stop everything and these guys got shot from feet away.

Reactions: Franisdaman
300 blackout is very similar to 45acp ballistically. People use it because you can slow it down to subsonic and run it with a suppressor. The "potential for lethality" would only come from combining it with a suppressor.

Level 3A armor would stop a 300 blackout I believe. I also would have been expecting them to be wearing 3a so I could be wrong or it could simply be that body armor doesn't stop everything and these guys got shot from feet away.

Reactions: stickman80
The concept is the bill of rights protects our rights unless there's harm or proximate harm to others. Being convicted of a felony, especially a violent felony, fits that concept.

Using the word "concept" is interesting. I doubt Mason would have been a fan of using it regarding the Bill of Rights.

There is no language in the Bill of Rights limiting possession or ownership of an arm, so any restriction of ownership is a violation of the amendment.
If we are going to argue terms like harm or proximate harm, then everyone should be open to any discussion on further limiting people's rights.

Reactions: B1GDeal

The other advantage of the 300 blackout is that it only requires 6-8” of barrel length to achieve full powder burn. Which makes it ideal for pistol length ARs.

Binary triggers should be illegal and magazine capacity should be capped at 10-15 rounds.

Police need to be wearing level 4 plates. People can blame the AR-15, but our local police department did a demonstration of commercially available handgun rounds that can defeat 3A vests, and it was eye opening.

If you give a gun to a known felon you should be charged with the same crimes the felon committed. Put her down for murder and give her life in prison.

The charges listed above are not nearly strong enough.

There technically is a legal theory out there similar to this. I.E. if you are partnering with someone to rob a bank, and your partner commits murder in the process, you are liable.

Its why it doesn't pay to be the getaway driver.

Check this out. She probably will avoid murder charges.

She's being charged with five counts of straw purchasing, one count of conspiracy, and five counts of lying on Form 4473.

The purchases occurred between Sept 2023 to Jan 2024, including the two firearms used in the murders.

US Attorney Luger said Dyrdahl was fully aware that Gooden was a violent convicted felon prohibited from possessing firearms.

Text messages between the two reveal conversations indicating they knew what they were doing was illegal.

GIpeGFJWsAAM87G

GIpNp16XQAEjAWP

GIpyJ8GW8AArzhH

Using the word "concept" is interesting. I doubt Mason would have been a fan of using it regarding the Bill of Rights.

There is no language in the Bill of Rights limiting possession or ownership of an arm, so any restriction of ownership is a violation of the amendment.
If we are going to argue terms like harm or proximate harm, then everyone should be open to any discussion on further limiting people's rights.
Jeesh. It's been well documented the 1A doesn't mean you can yell "fire" in a crowded theater. It's really that simple, ad well documented.

You are right about 2A, and the restrictions should be against people and their ability to abuse the right, not against particular weapons. Biden lies regularly about that when he says cannons weren't allowed back in the day.

Reactions: NoleinATL
Dakota County Attorney Kathy Keena issued the following statement:

Shannon Gooden was convicted by my office in 2008 of second-degree assault — a felony offense — prohibiting him from possessing firearms. In 2020, Mr. Gooden filed a petition to have his gun rights restored.

My office opposed the petition and the court sided with my office and denied it.

Under Minnesota law, an illegal firearm purchase — or a straw purchase — is only a gross misdemeanor-level offense, punishable by a maximum sentence of 364 days in jail, a $3,000 fine or both.

To charge that level of crime under the facts and circumstances of this case would be a disgrace to the memories of our fallen heroes.

The Minnesota Legislature needs to take action to increase penalties for straw purchasers under state law.

Reactions: hawkeyetraveler
This lady should spend some time in prison. And by the way, as someone who has met inmates at prisons, the females have it way better than the males

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT