ADVERTISEMENT

Give sdsu some credit

desihawk

HR Legend
Oct 1, 2002
Iowa has set cfb on fire today with that unique win and the coverage and attention are through the roof. It’s almost like iowa was expected to be a nc contender and a ugly win is beneath iowa. sdsu has to feel like shit being treated like some crappy team with not one talking head extending them the slightest credit.

I’ll say they played very well and clearly were motivated to win. We beat a deserving team that played much better football than the level of their conference.

Yes, they made Petras make terrible throws to wide open receivers.

I’ll give them credit for whipping bout offensive line. But unfortunately, our line just isn’t very good.

honestly, without all the dumb penalties and mistakes they should have won
I wouldn't go that far. I was never worried they would score against our D given a long field. My only worry was our inept offense would turn the ball over giving them a short field and better opportunity. It should have been a shutout.

Reactions: 12tb
honestly, without all the dumb penalties and mistakes they should have won
Can’t disagree. Home field is a significant advantage at some stadiums and Kinnick is absolutely one of them. SDSU typically doesn’t commit dumb penalties or make many mistakes. However, just like vs PSU last year, the 12th man at Kinnick is for real and the jackrabbits weren’t prepared. Todays crowd at Kinnick, I salute you!

82075733.jpg

Reactions: LaQuintaHawkeye
Guys, the Missouri Valley Football Conference is FCS but should be FBS. It's better than the MAC and most other G5 conferences. That said, no excuse this game was that close.

Reactions: KatoHawk
Iowa has set cfb on fire today with that unique win and the coverage and attention are through the roof. It’s almost like iowa was expected to be a nc contender and a ugly win is beneath iowa. sdsu has to feel like shit being treated like some crappy team with not one talking head extending them the slightest credit.
You act as if this is positive coverage. The vast predomination of comments made about Iowa's offense today have been derogatory or comical. Do you think kids considering Iowa are going to be impressed with all the national media coverage making fun of Iowa's pathetic offense? We are already woefully deficient in quality skill players on the offensive side and displays like this surely won't excite any young men looking at us for their destination.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT