ADVERTISEMENT

Glad won't hear these again

Originally posted by hawkaeg80:
Gol gang it Jeba, c'mon Nick Moore score some points, Evans wins 2-1 in ot
And hopefully we won't hear from you on here again. You'd probably not last 10 seconds wrestling any of these guys because you'd have your ass stuck to the mat.

So we should measure past Hawkeye wrestlers success with their ability to pin people that post on a message board? True, they are more than likely better than anyone that posts on this little board, but that doesn't make them successful Iowa wrestlers does it?

I thought the op was taking a shot at people who are constantly dogging those three guys.

Originally posted by hawkaeg80:
Gol gang it Jeba, c'mon Nick Moore score some points, Evans wins 2-1 in ot

Wow, Posters Like you give wrestling fans a bad name!! Just Like the idiots on our board who bash the Altons!!

We would not have had the 4 peat if not for those Altons Wrestling their hearts out as Freshman..Injuries Suck and it is not the kids fault

You just Dissed Evans a 3 time AA (Though I am not a fan of his wrestling or attitude) He deserves your respect as he helped you guys tremendously over the last 4 years

You Dissed Dweza who if not for him you would not have Won the Big 10 Tourney and title this season.

You dissed Moore who from what I have read is probably wrestling hurt!!! And he gutted it out to try and give iowa a chance.

I understand disappointment, and you can have intelligent conversations about people not living up to expectations, but what some posters do is ignorant in my opinion!!!

Now Proceed to bash me and dismiss my opinion because I am a Penn State Fan!!

LOL. Looking forward to another three page thread of bitching about student-athletes and coaches interwoven with bitching about bitching sprinkled with "you wouldn't last a minute in the Iowa room" comments. Bust out the popcorn.

Originally posted by bcdeputy:

So we should measure past Hawkeye wrestlers success with their ability to pin people that post on a message board? True, they are more than likely better than anyone that posts on this little board, but that doesn't make them successful Iowa wrestlers does it?
New posters like you and the OP not only don't get it, but it's preferred you go root for someone else. Voicing opinions of the team/program is one thing, but taking personal shots at young college athletes is another.

Why tear down these guys? What waste of board.

This post was edited on 3/22 12:35 PM by grapplefann

Pretty sure those are Ironsides words on the radio he was referencing. Don't think he was digging on the guys personally

Originally posted by frydaze:

New posters like you and the OP not only don't get it, but it's preferred you go root for someone else. Voicing opinions of the team/program is one thing, but taking personal shots at young college athletes is another.
Bcdeputy isn't a new poster. He's been here for a long time.

I do not know anyone on the current team so I can not speak as to their personal character. That would simply be stupid. However, if you listen to Grace and Ironside they have said these things about these guys numerous times and they do know them. I am not making this personal. It's about wrestling styles. The huge majority of fans and posters have at one time or another had similar thoughts. We all talk about the lack of the Iowa style and these guys really struggled ofensively. We hoped beyond hope that Jeba, Kelly, Moore would close their careers as AA's. Not just because of team results but it has got to be really hard not to accomplish what they thought àbout and trained for. I fee badly for them. I would have liked it if Mike Evens wasn't as as combative as he was, but I have never really been in that kind of situation so I can't really speak on that. So there it is...

Jeba came on strong at BIG and took out Dardanes in both Tournaments. He got beat at NCAA first time by a kid who beat Devin Carter along the way and then beat out Mecate for 5th. Bad draw for sure.

Moore being injured was not an excuse....it's reality. See McD, Delgado, Hunter Stribler, etc.

Kelly is Kelly. He was not going to AA, but he sure was fun to watch this year. Lot of heart.
happy0030.r191677.gif

They didn't score many points....but neither did you or I.

Hoped for better results for them and wish them well.

I'll be fine they didn't AA....how about you ?

ADVERTISEMENT