ADVERTISEMENT

Glass Half Full Attempt

jerbob36

HR All-State
Dec 16, 2012
Yeah, so I admit I may not believe much of what I'm about to write, but in an attempt to get us off the ledge, here we go...

What if SDSU is a really good football team? What if they score 40+ the rest of the season? What if they win the whole thing?

What if this was our OLs worst game of the year? What if all the time missed really did put us behind the 8-ball? What if our OL comes out and gets better every week?

What if Johnson gets back next week and gives us a vertical threat? What if BF actually tries to use that vertical threat and it's successful? What if defenses have to start to respect that and it opens up the run game more? What if Bostick steps in next week and we suddenly have 3 pretty good WRs for whoever QB1 is?

What if the outside noise galvanizes this team more than a 31-10 win would've done? What if Campbell's postgame thoughts pulls this team together even more than they already were?

What if everybody forgets this game by the end of the season when we are beating Michigan at home?

A fan can dream, right?

Your wishes and thoughts could materialize. I think all the angst, uncertainty, and even some boos is because this was , I think, the worst offensive game in the Kirk era. Play calling was very bland etc etc.

Reactions: jerbob36
I think they will surprise us on Saturday. Everyone and everything is against them right now. I think this bodes very well. Kinnick needs to show up though and rock it like none other to disrupt the Clones on O but I think we'll be pleasantly surprised. Go Hawks!
Got it, OL won't suck, QB won't suck, and Iowa will find a real OC between now and then. Good to know.

cool-awesome.gif

Our offense is full of injuries, and will not be healthy until at least mid-season. If at all... We have an OL and a WR out for the season. 3 out of the top 4 WRs out. The OL has other injuries, too. Plus, our starting RB is out. And with a hammy injury, he may not be 100% all Year!?! :'(

That noted, the OL is young and the old cliché that the biggest improvements happen between week one and week two should hold some truth to that... Now if the QB can get the ball to the few we have available, things may turn out better. 🤞🤞🤞

Our offense is full of injuries, and will not be healthy until at least mid-season. If at all... We have an OL and a WR out for the season. 3 out of the top 4 WRs out. The OL has other injuries, too. Plus, our starting RB is out. And with a hammy injury, he may not be 100% all Year!?! :'(

That noted, the OL is young and the old cliché that the biggest improvements happen between week one and week two should hold some truth to that... Now if the QB can get the ball to the few we have available, things may turn out better. 🤞🤞🤞
The thing about “biggest improvements happen between week one and week two”, is that it also applies to our opponent.

The injuries concern me. It means the players are soft, and the strength and conditioning program is not good.

The wr corp was weak over all before injurys, Petras and the ol looked lost. The offense can only look better after that performance.

Yeah, so I admit I may not believe much of what I'm about to write, but in an attempt to get us off the ledge, here we go...

What if SDSU is a really good football team? What if they score 40+ the rest of the season? What if they win the whole thing?

What if this was our OLs worst game of the year? What if all the time missed really did put us behind the 8-ball? What if our OL comes out and gets better every week?

What if Johnson gets back next week and gives us a vertical threat? What if BF actually tries to use that vertical threat and it's successful? What if defenses have to start to respect that and it opens up the run game more? What if Bostick steps in next week and we suddenly have 3 pretty good WRs for whoever QB1 is?

What if the outside noise galvanizes this team more than a 31-10 win would've done? What if Campbell's postgame thoughts pulls this team together even more than they already were?

What if everybody forgets this game by the end of the season when we are beating Michigan at home?

A fan can dream, right?
Campbell's post-game comments?......

The most positive thing to come out of the weekend is that now the national media is lasered in on the laughingstock that is the Iowa offense instead of our "racist" culture.
Well if SP keeps playing that bad and Kirk refuses to play the backup with the Spanish last name that could change😂. I'm kidding but wouldn't surprise me either

Just the facts AP can move his feet and SP couldn't be much worse makes it worth a shot to me. At least a couple series to throw off the defense if nothing else

I think they will surprise us on Saturday. Everyone and everything is against them right now. I think this bodes very well. Kinnick needs to show up though and rock it like none other to disrupt the Clones on O but I think we'll be pleasantly surprised. Go Hawks!
Well I thank clone fans are over stating resulta from week 1 a bit. I think most forget was against SE Mo St a sub .500 fcs team last season.

Reactions: Chishawk1425
Glass half full: NO WORK on Monday.....Oh yeah, Phil Parker and the hawk defense is bomb AF.

A fan can dream, right?
The glass is half full…half full of a good defense, the other half full of boiling moose shit trying to imitate an offense.

1. We won
2. Our defense held one of the best FCS offenses to 3 points while being -2 in TO
3. Tory Taylor may end up in Reggie Roby conversations
4. It’s finally college football season
5. Wouldn’t it be cool to go 10-2 with a point total of 150 😂
6. Jack Campbell is a man child
7. Quinn Schulte had one of the best first start performances I’ve seen
8. Robert’s looks like he will continue the tradition of Iowa having very good CB’s
9. Our DL is deep and very good

Last edited:
1. Instead of b1g game of the week in 60, you could watch that game in 5

2. This is Campbell’s weakest team you will face. 10-7 Clones

Its actually 2/3's full. Hawks have an elite defense and special teams. Great coaches for both units.

Lol, saw several 'Punting is Winning' shirts at Kinnick Saturday.

ADVERTISEMENT