ADVERTISEMENT

Glory up to 133?

Watching it in real time didn't seem like any major damage occurred. However, the painful gasps coming from Glory sure makes it seem like something major occurred. Pray not, and hope he's healthy for postseason so Lee can curb stomp him.
It appears on the last mat return, right before the reversal, his right arm goes limp. He tries to lift it to claw ride but his hand is not “clawing” it’s just limp. Then the opponent grabs that same right hand and arm to clear and get the reversal. Wondering is if it might have just been a stinger, but his reaction sure indicates something more serious. Like with Gomez, the action didn’t look to be anything that would cause injury but both guys reactions seemed to indicate something serious.

Reactions: el dub
Those asking for Lee to take top need to downshift a bit. This is especially true if his choice isn’t until the 3rd period. As good as he is at turning people, he expends a giant amount of energy doing so in those 1st 3 minutes.

The 2nd period he MAY get a turn and the 3rd would be so much less likely and almost assuredly unnecessary as he almost certainly would have a bunch before that if he still can then. Still, this scenario only even remotely matters against less than a handful of opponents. He is still really good on bottom and very hard to take down multiple times, which is damn sure what it would take to beat him.

Unless you are POSITIVE you are going to score or DESPERATE, you don’t choose top when you are almost guaranteed an escape point and almost certainly already have a significant lead. Do you honestly think someone is turning Lee late to catch up or able to play catch and release enough times to win?

I simply don’t see the benefit of choosing top against anyone at his weight…

It appears on the last mat return, right before the reversal, his right arm goes limp. He tries to lift it to claw ride but his hand is not “clawing” it’s just limp. Then the opponent grabs that same right hand and arm to clear and get the reversal. Wondering is if it might have just been a stinger, but his reaction sure indicates something more serious. Like with Gomez, the action didn’t look to be anything that would cause injury but both guys reactions seemed to indicate something serious.
Glory update from post match

Lee just beat McKee by what 7 and only wrestled 1 period. McKee isn't remotely offensive enough to be Lee. Ain't happening. A guy like Ramos at least has a punchers chance

Reactions: Good30
Watching it in real time didn't seem like any major damage occurred. However, the painful gasps coming from Glory sure makes it seem like something major occurred. Pray not, and hope he's healthy for postseason so Lee can curb stomp him.
You don’t know if shoulder was damaged previously and now causes pain with little effort.

For a very long time, they only ranked the top 20. So, I have no issue with him calling #23 in one poll "unranked"...
Miller is HM in one poll thus unranked from that perspective, I didn't see the match with Glory, but someone told me Glory was called for stalling three times in the third.

Reactions: el dub and IRONBIRD
Miller is HM in one poll thus unranked from that perspective, I didn't see the match with Glory, but someone told me Glory was called for stalling three times in the third.

I’m not sure. But to be clear, the narrow win over Miller was Friday. He sustained the injury in a 7 point win over unranked and sub-.500 Bailey from Lehigh on Saturday.

Reactions: TarpHawk and el dub
I didn't see either match but was referencing the poster that was correcting the comment of Miller being unranked. I didn't know Glory wrestled Lehigh and only won by 7....

I've only ever had one stinger, I'm sure they vary, but I don't remember mine being all that painful. It was definitely a weird feeling and freaked me out having my right arm go completely numb, but there wasn't really any actual pain involved with mine. Strange.

I didn't see either match but was referencing the poster that was correcting the comment of Miller being unranked. I didn't know Glory wrestled Lehigh and only won by 7....

Understood. I felt like many were convoluting the two matches and wanted to set it straight.

Reactions: blcoach80
I've only ever had one stinger, I'm sure they vary, but I don't remember mine being all that painful. It was definitely a weird feeling and freaked me out having my right arm go completely numb, but there wasn't really any actual pain involved with mine. Strange.
I’ve had more than a few and your description fits. It was odd but not altogether painful. I’m thinking he has something more going on that got aggravated. He did indicate he was feeling better a little while later so it doesn’t appear to be anything too serious.

I’ve had more than a few and your description fits. It was odd but not altogether painful. I’m thinking he has something more going on that got aggravated. He did indicate he was feeling better a little while later so it doesn’t appear to be anything too serious.
Was Spencer arm-barring the pi$$ out of him when he was tweeting how swell he currently feels?

Was Spencer arm-barring the pi$$ out of him when he was tweeting how swell he currently feels?
Haha- it’s Glory’s right arm so while it’s probably safe from Spencer’s bar, it’ll get tested nonetheless.

From Penn St board:

From good source I was told torn labrum. You can sometimes wrestle thru that, but gonna be tough at Natty's

Reactions: TarpHawk
From Penn St board:

From good source I was told torn labrum. You can sometimes wrestle thru that, but gonna be tough at Natty's
Not disputing what the PSU guy heard, but Glory's description afterwards sounded more like a stinger than a torn labrum. I've never had a torn labrum, but I assume it wouldn't feel much better 20 minutes later. Maybe it does?
And if it's the same thing that happened in the finals last year (torn labrum) I assume he would already have it wrapped in a sling and definitely would moving forward. I could be wrong about all of it as I have not stayed at a Holiday Inn Express in quite some time.

I have had a shoulder dislocation/torn Labrum and I went from 13-1 to 16-5-2 over the next five weeks. It is hard to wrestle one-armed at a high level. Cory Clark was amazing. Ask McDonough or Kemerer, or Troy Nickerson or Angel Escobedo...
That is pretty darn good!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT