ADVERTISEMENT

Go ahead and get the NIT signs ready for the floor, hell, just make NIT permanent for this garbage program!

Year in, year out S H I T!!
Garbage basketball program and has been for years.

I predicted 10th in the league was the ceiling for this team and several scoffed at the idea. That may have been too optimistic! F’n embarrassing!
Speaking of embarrassing....

Reactions: mstp1992
You and @LarryMullenJr. need to get together and go bowling.
tenor.gif

Cmon man no need to personally attack a fellow Hawkeye fan. He obviously regrets his overreaction post, and should probably stick to football if he expects a team to lose less than 5 games, but no need to attack him personally.

In all seriousness, any barbs and insults leveled @Roy L Fuchs for his "contributions" here are likely very well deserved. He'd rather be a troll than a dedicated Hawkeye fan, so eff him. His OP sure has aged well.

giphy.gif

I predicted 10th in the league was the ceiling for this team and several scoffed at the idea. That may have been too optimistic! F’n embarrassing!
Actually, great program and it has been for years.

Please go home to Ames AND WATCH THAT OFFENSIVE JUGGERNAUT

This post hasn't aged well obviously, but be careful about the "I told you so" posts, because that knife cuts both ways. There will surely be rough patches in our future, too.

Guess I'd rather just enjoy the current success rather than spending energy calling people out, but that's just me.
Meh. The people that head hunt for those days just to finally get their chance to say "see I told you so" need to get a pie shoved in their face at a random time of the day every day for the rest of their lives.

Then and only then will I tolerate them continuing to complain and cry with their daily pessimistic outlooks.

Meh. The people that head hunt for those days just to finally get their chance to say "see I told you so" need to get a pie shoved in their face at a random time of the day every day for the rest of their lives.

Then and only then will I tolerate them continuing to complain and cry with their daily pessimistic outlooks.

Well, like I said, that knife cuts both ways. Whenever Iowa wins a game, the other side is out there calling people out, too. See it all the time. I can find more constructive ways to celebrate a victory than stirring the pot. I'm a "the truth is somewhere in the middle" kind of guy. Things are rarely ever as good (or as bad) as they may seem in the moment.

I don't disagree that there are some people who are never happy, though. It gets kind of ridiculous.

Well, like I said, that knife cuts both ways. Whenever Iowa wins a game, the other side is out there calling people out, too. See it all the time. I can find more constructive ways to celebrate a victory than stirring the pot. I'm a "the truth is somewhere in the middle" kind of guy. Things are rarely ever as good (or as bad) as they may seem in the moment.
Mmm.....our offense in football was very bad last year. There's no gray area around that.

P.S. Also, I still like the idea of pessimists getting a pie to the face every day for the rest of their lives. It would make me feel better at least.

Mmm.....our offense in football was very bad last year. There's no gray area around that.

P.S. Also, I still like the idea of pessimists getting a pie to the face every day for the rest of their lives. It would make me feel better at least.
I am a pessimist by nature. Do I get to dictate the manner by which said pie is introduced to my face?

And of course, being a pessimist, I strongly expect your answer to that question to be “no”…

Speaking of embarrassing....
I'm glad I personally motivated the team to get their shit together. However, this team hasn't won a game yet in the NCAA tourney this year, so let's hold off on the celebration. We haven't made the second weekend of the NCAA tourney in about 100 years, so I'm not overly optimistic. History would suggest we piss down our leg in the first game against someone like Loyola, Chicago.

Actually, great program and it has been for years.

Please go home to Ames AND WATCH THAT OFFENSIVE JUGGERNAUT
Yeah, great program. What do we have, about 2 NCAA victories in the past 10 years....that is the definition of great. It's the definition of SHIT! This year exceeded my expectations but lets see if we can make it out of the first weekend for the first time in 100 years before we go overboard in celebrating our greatness.

Eating crow now aren't you?
Let's make it out of the first weekend for the first time since Moses parted the sea, then we'll see who chokes down a crow. Odds are our weak 3point defense magically arrives just in time for the first game and some dorky white kid from Winthrop, who has only made two 3-pointers all year, goes 8-9 sending us packing.

I'm glad I personally motivated the team to get their shit together. However, this team hasn't won a game yet in the NCAA tourney this year, so let's hold off on the celebration. We haven't made the second weekend of the NCAA tourney in about 100 years, so I'm not overly optimistic. History would suggest we piss down our leg in the first game against someone like Loyola, Chicago.

I thought Iowa wasn't making the NCAA tournament?

You seem very angry and unhappy. Have you considered edibles washed down with a nice cabernet or perhaps a Guinness if that's your preference?

Let's make it out of the first weekend for the first time since Moses parted the sea, then we'll see who chokes down a crow. Odds are our weak 3point defense magically arrives just in time for the first game and some dorky white kid from Winthrop, who has only made two 3-pointers all year, goes 8-9 sending us packing.
If you are actually an Iowa Fan you must be a miserable person to watch a game with lol.

I think most Iowa fans understand this team has limitations and making it to the second weekend is a tall order, especially because we will likely be a 6/7 seed.

However, the fun of cheering for a team like Iowa is to have hope when things are going well.

Being a “realist” when it comes to Iowa sports makes for miserable sports watching experience because chances are you will be correct and Iowa will not make it to the second weekend.

Sorry I'm late to this thread.

Ok, so I read the thread title and followed the instructions. Here it is. Hope this is ok.

3482872098983659224_.jpg

Reactions: 2bagger22
Love your work, Outrage Roy!

Reactions: Roy L Fuchs
Yes, he did and so does Self at Kansas and somehow he doesn’t get penalized for his cheating. It is amazing that Arizona didn’t get penalized as well for their lying and cheating but Arizona did fire Miller. I think that had more to do with him losing more than winning to go with the NCAA investigation.
Unfortunately, it really has become true with the joke about, "When _____ cheats, Directional U pays the price".

Scoffing, it’s just a natural reaction to your posts and can’t be helped.

In Roy's defense, my group text crew and I were saying a nice NIT run could be a good springboard for next season. We were saying when the Hawks were 5-0. So this late season run has been a pleasant surprise.

But, like someone said elsewhere, to get out of first weekend of NCAA, Hawks need a bigger "favor" than a "good matchup". We need to be a 5/6/7 seed playing a 13/11/10 who has pulled the first round upset instead of the buzzsaw 4/3/2 seed who comes in motivated as heel because they're under-seeded.

Damn - You raise the bar faster than my wife does. So we go from not a top 10 team in the B1G and an NIT team to not your threshold is now making the 2nd week in the tournament. Holy crap. Just admit your initial post was idiocy.

Reactions: HFan1981
Roy just being Roy! I come hear for entertainment and one thing Roy is good at is wild observations about are basketball program and making me lol.
Roy keep doing you!

Yeah, great program. What do we have, about 2 NCAA victories in the past 10 years....that is the definition of great. It's the definition of SHIT! This year exceeded my expectations but lets see if we can make it out of the first weekend for the first time in 100 years before we go overboard in celebrating our greatness.
angif-move-the-goalposts-def.gif

Reactions: Tunadog
If only there was a way to castrate the Fran haters and record it and air on tv during commercial breaks during games.

ADVERTISEMENT