ADVERTISEMENT

Go Fund Me for Iowa Woman’s BB recruit seriously injured by impaired driver

91hawki

HR Heisman
Gold Member
Dec 21, 2003
HawkeyeNation

As you have read in other posts, Ava Jones is hospitalized in serious but stable condition.

Her parents are also hospitalized, both in critical condition

While the go fund me goal of $10,000 has been met, you can image that their expenses will far exceed $10,000

Whether it’s $10,$50 or $100, Hawkeye Nation lets help provide the Jones family some much needed financial support,

T&Ps for the Jones family, especially the parents who remain in critical condition

www.gofundme.com

Jones Family Fund, organized by Natalie Martin

While traveling for Ava's AAU basketball tournament, Ava and her parents were seriously injured when… Natalie Martin needs your support for Jones Family Fund
www.gofundme.com

Last edited: 11 minutes ago

Last edited:
One has to wonder if he ever posted here. Anyone know?
T&P
What?? They live in Kansas and Ava was committed to ASU at one point before a coaching change. The families relationship with Iowa is very new I believe. I'm pretty sure the Hawk shirts her family was wearing for the photo's were new for her commitment pictures. Why would you think her Dad would have been a poster here?

This has turned out to be way worse and heart breaking than I imagined it would. When I first heard I thought they probably just got bumped in to. Now the farther has died. So tragic

What?? They live in Kansas and Ava was committed to ASU at one point before a coaching change. The families relationship with Iowa is very new I believe. I'm pretty sure the Hawk shirts her family was wearing for the photo's were new for her commitment pictures. Why would you think her Dad would have been a poster here?
Dont be such a douche.

Dont be such a douche.
How is that being a douche for Christs sake. I'm just pointing out they had no contact with Iowa until recently, and your wondering if he was a poster here. Thats silly. It has nothing to do with the family's tragedy, or the pain we all feel for them.

How is that being a douche for Christs sake. I'm just pointing out they had no contact with Iowa until recently, and your wondering if he was a poster here. Thats silly. It has nothing to do with the family's tragedy, or the pain we all feel for them.
You are being a douche because you act like it was the dumbest question in the world to think a new basketball recruits dad may have been on hawkeye report.

Maybe he was, maybe he wasnt. Who cares, the guy is dead. Unless you know for sure he was or was not on here you are being an ass for no good reason.

How do you know they had no contact with iowa until recently? My understanding of the recruiting process is that it takes several years usually. That is plenty of time to make a profile on hawkeye report. I didn't realize you were so sensitive about who is on hawkeye report.

You are being a douche because you act like it was the dumbest question in the world to think a new basketball recruits dad may have been on hawkeye report.

Maybe he was, maybe he wasnt. Who cares, the guy is dead. Unless you know for sure he was or was not on here you are being an ass for no good reason.

How do you know they had no contact with iowa until recently? My understanding of the recruiting process is that it takes several years usually. That is plenty of time to make a profile on hawkeye report. I didn't realize you were so sensitive about who is on hawkeye report.
Be honest at least. This has nothing to do with the Jones family as I was in NO way disrespectful to them. YOUR feelings were hurt because YOU posted something that YOU have no way of knowing and had nothing to do with their horrible events. The only one being sensitive here is YOU, so time to move on.....And for the record, her bio when she committed to Iowa said during her original recruiting process she listed five schools of interest, and chose ASU for her commit. Iowa was not listed as a school of interest, until she reopened her recruiting after ASU's coach was terminated....

Last edited:
Be honest at least. This has nothing to do with the Jones family as I was in NO way disrespectful to them. YOUR feelings were hurt because YOU posted something that YOU have no way of knowing and had nothing to do with their horrible events. The only one being sensitive here is YOU, so time to move on.....And for the record, her bio when she committed to Iowa said during her original recruiting process she listed five schools of interest, and chose ASU for her commit. Iowa was not listed as a school of interest, until she reopened her recruiting after ASU's coach was terminated....
At this point you're both acting like douche bags because a young girl's father just passed away and you're having a pissing match about a question asked about him. Save it for Fran.

Reactions: cyberhawk
At this point you're both acting like douche bags because a young girl's father just passed away and you're having a pissing match about a question asked about him. Save it for Fran.
Thanks for your input. My apologies. You know if everyone took your advice and none of these topics ever strayed off the original post this forum would be about 10% of the current posts. You know, glass houses and all. Its probably just me though....

i admit i thought it was kind of a stupid question. but that me.

such a tragic story. you just assume you are safe walking on a sidewalk in a downtown.
Just yesterday in downtown Iowa City my car almost got hit by another car running a red light. The other day I saw a scooter running a red light. Maybe it's the summer time.

Just yesterday in downtown Iowa City my car almost got hit by another car running a red light. The other day I saw a scooter running a red light. Maybe it's the summer time.
Unfortunately people just do what they want. Most bike riders ignore traffic laws like they don't apply to them. Almost as bad as motorcycle riders. They always say, "watch out for motorcyclists". I can't count the number of times I've seen a motorcycle on the hiway weaving in and out of cars and going damn near TWICE the speed limit. Pretty hard to judge someone's speed when their coming from behind you at that rate of speed.
And of course in this case someone who knows damn well they should not have been driving, under the influence, and yet does it anyway, having life altering consequences not only for him but a whole family and everyone they know and love.

Reactions: LarryMullenJr.
ADVERTISEMENT