ADVERTISEMENT

Goalposts about to move again for anti-vaxxers

I just got a text this evening. A former co-worker died today of COVID. Early 50's, healthy guy just a super nice family man. He was from Maine, very sharp guy, and had that "Up East" accent and a good sense of humor.
Unvaccinated.
I'm so so sad. 😔😢
And I'm angry too. It just makes me so frustrated. And worried. 😨😖

Maybe more will get vaccinated so those of us who already are don’t have to go back to wearing masks. My company issued a recommendation today that vaccinated employees wear masks due to increased positivity rates (5% and 30 cases over last 7 days). Guarantee we’ll be required within 2 weeks.

Maybe more will get vaccinated so those of us who already are don’t have to go back to wearing masks. My company issued a recommendation today that vaccinated employees wear masks due to increased positivity rates (5% and 30 cases over last 7 days). Guarantee we’ll be required within 2 weeks.
I had to go to Publix today and also CVS.
EVERY person was wearing a mask again. It was "Deja Vu all over again".

My work has already reverted back to everyone wearing masks. Several more cases today, all unvaccinated. My youngest’s daycare had a cluster of over 8 kids test positive (with symptoms).

But vaers…

I just got a text this evening. A former co-worker died today of COVID. Early 50's, healthy guy just a super nice family man. He was from Maine, very sharp guy, and had that "Up East" accent and a good sense of humor.
Unvaccinated.
I'm so so sad. 😔😢
I’m sorry to hear that. It sounds like he brought some good times and laughs to you. Such a waste.

Unvaccinated.
I'm so so sad. 😔😢
We need 3 minute commercials running that roll through my
Unvaccinated.
I'm so so sad. 😔😢
We need 3 minute commercials that roll through these stories showing them on a vent and their manikins suffering after they die.

Reactions: artradley
Unvaccinated.
I'm so so sad. 😔😢
Sorry to hear that.
So senseless.

My work has already reverted back to everyone wearing masks. Several more cases today, all unvaccinated. My youngest’s daycare had a cluster of over 8 kids test positive (with symptoms).

But vaers…
I've been off work for a few weeks, but talked with my interim today for a what's up.
They had a COVID+ in the office, so they 'fogged' the place last night, whatever that means.
They're considering reducing onsite staff again.
I'll go back to the office end of next week.
Maybe.

My company started requiring masks again for everybody regardless of vaccination.

My workplace, along with the CDC thinks i really give a shit about passing it on to the willingly unvaccinated in my workplace.

they could at least give us the bonus of sending all the office people back home to work

Bought more masks today. Don’t love wearing them but doing my part. Over half of the people at Target today were wearing them. Definitely those numbers are increasing
I was disappointed to see the increased mask wearing yesterday in target.

i did my part. I masked willingly without argument last year, i got the vaccine as soon as i could. If given the option, i am not going to mask because some assholes dont want to get the vaccine.

i did my part. I masked willingly without argument last year, i got the vaccine as soon as i could. If given the option, i am not going to mask because some assholes dont want to get the vaccine.
Curious why you’d be disappointed by that. I’d think the more people who voluntarily wear masks the less likely they are to mandate them again. It doesn’t bother me to wear one so I will. I’m surprised that bothers anyone

Everyone?

Even people who had Covid?
Yes, we've gone over this. People who got covid will have waining, neutralizing antibodies after six months. They will also have random antibodies to sections all over the virus, some of which don't stop the virus from infecting. This is like shooting a shotgun. It has some stopping power but sometimes isn't specific. The vaccine ONLY generates antibodies to the the spike protein which the virus needs for infection. It's like a sharpshooter shooting a rifle, very precise.

Some studies have shown vaccinated antibodies are better against delta variant than a previously infected patient because the spike protein is targeted so well.

Curious why you’d be disappointed by that. I’d think the more people who voluntarily wear masks the less likely they are to mandate them again. It doesn’t bother me to wear one so I will. I’m surprised that bothers anyone
Because people who have played along thus far should not give a shit to protect those who willingly choose to not get vaccinated. If you have people that cant get vaccinated for whatever reason, you need to do what you can to ensure they are safe

mandates are coming back regardless. I have already been mandated to wear a mask at work. The ones who fought it before, a lot of them are from the demographic that fought vaccinations are not going to comply anyway, so f**k them

That plan should have worked well. Unfortunately the CDC had to change things because the vaccine only protects you against severe infections but doesn't stop you from getting infected. I think their assumption was we would have a much higher vax rate and thus you weren't a danger to others. With such low compliance, they had to re-implement masks because cases are going up fast and hospitals are filling.

That plan should have worked well. Unfortunately the CDC had to change things because the vaccine only protects you against severe infections but doesn't stop you from getting infected. I think their assumption was we would have a much higher vax rate and thus you weren't a danger to others. With such low compliance, they had to re-implement masks because cases are going up fast and hospitals are filling.
Ill take my chances on infection being vaccinated. At this point i dont give a shit about people who choose to get unvaccinated.

Ill take my chances on infection being vaccinated. At this point i dont give a shit about people who choose to get unvaccinated.
For the most part I don’t care about the people too stupid to protect themselves. But I do care about how their stupidity affects my business. It is my fervent prayer that vaccines are soon mandated for travel so they can stop affecting my income.

For the most part I don’t care about the people too stupid to protect themselves. But I do care about how their stupidity affects my business. It is my fervent prayer that vaccines are soon mandated for travel so they can stop affecting my income.
going back to masking voluntarily or mandated won’t fix that. Thus, its enraging that its being mandated again

One thing I’ve noticed in convos with coworkers is that there is a bit more of the mindset of “F’em and let them die.” towards people refusing to get the vaccine. We still have a large group in children under 12 that can’t get it plus very few people with conditions where they shouldn’t get it. But aside from them, anyone else without the vaccine is choosing to make this damn pandemic continue and causing a rift.

I‘m of the mindset that carrots haven’t worked to get people vaccinated. Stop wasting time talking about money for vaccinations and instead start figuring out the stick you’re going to use to beat them towards the goal. The Supreme Court ruled that congress can levy taxes in “forcing“ people to purchase healthcare. What are the odds that Congress could do the same about a vaccine mandate? Other option is to start requiring proof of vaccination in order do go to the grocery store, or the mall, or restaurants, or ball games, etc. If you don’t want the vaccine then stay home and order delivery for everything. The rest of us will be living our lives.

Also, bundle a required vaccine passport into a required voter ID card and see which party caves first.

going back to masking voluntarily or mandated won’t fix that. Thus, its enraging that its being mandated again

I (and many others) originally felt the same as you but things changed. The Delta variant can now impact me and other vaccinated people. And we can be a spreader. I'm trying not to be part of the problem, so I'm wearing my mask again.

No legit ones. Waiting for full FDA approval was the only legit leg they were standing on IMO.

The FDA is a schill for Big-Pharma. You can't trust 'em, man.

ajmmxx0_460s.jpg

I (and many others) originally felt the same as you but things changed. The Delta variant can now impact me and other vaccinated people. And we can be a spreader. I'm trying not to be part of the problem, so I'm wearing my mask again.
You’ve always been a spreader if you get it. The vaccine reduces the severity of it. There’s so much misinformation out there including from the so-called experts.

• Haha
Reactions: RileyHawk
Vaccinated people could spread it all along. It is not new information or new because of the Delta variant. Get the shot or get Covid. Screw masks. I did everything I was asked and have lived normally the last few months. I am not going back.

Vaccinated people could spread it all along. It is not new information or new because of the Delta variant. Get the shot or get Covid. Screw masks. I did everything I was asked and have lived normally the last few months. I am not going back.
This. The vaccine has always been about the severity of it not anything else. So much misinformation including from the so-called experts.

I dont care about being a spreader at this point, especially to those that choose to go unvaccinated.

if you cant get vaccine for health reasons you should be limiting exposure to other people regardless. They need to approve the vaccine for the under 12 crowd, but parents need to do what is best to protect their kids.

Unvaccinated.
I'm so so sad. 😔😢

Im sorry to hear that.

Reactions: goldmom
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT