ADVERTISEMENT

Goalposts about to move again for anti-vaxxers

You’ve always been a spreader if you get it. The vaccine reduces the severity of it. There’s so much misinformation out there including from the so-called experts.

It's different with the Delta virus, more and more vaccinated people are getting sick, thus the reason more people are wearing masks. And since more people are getting sick there can be a higher chance of them spreading it to more people.

Last edited:
Vaccinated people could spread it all along. It is not new information or new because of the Delta variant. Get the shot or get Covid. Screw masks. I did everything I was asked and have lived normally the last few months. I am not going back.

Every variant is going to change the playing field. What we're learning is that more and more vaccinated people are getting sick from the Delta variant. And it's easier to spread. So because of that people are now going back to masks.

I too got the shot and have lived more normal the last couple of months. But things are changing and I'm willing to adjust. I'm now back to wearing a mask going into stores.

I dont care about being a spreader at this point, especially to those that choose to go unvaccinated.

if you cant get vaccine for health reasons you should be limiting exposure to other people regardless. They need to approve the vaccine for the under 12 crowd, but parents need to do what is best to protect their kids.

This is a selfish attitude, somewhat like those that refuse to get vaccinated. Not as selfish, but selfish nonetheless. People can still die from Covid even though they are vaccinated. It's a small percentage, but it does happen.

So continue with your **** em all I'm gonna be selfish too attitude.

Reactions: SB_SB and RileyHawk
Every variant is going to change the playing field. What we're learning is that more and more vaccinated people are getting sick from the Delta variant. And it's easier to spread. So because of that people are now going back to masks.

I too got the shot and have lived more normal the last couple of months. But things are changing and I'm willing to adjust. I'm now back to wearing a mask going into stores.

See @dirtypool, ^^^ not a selfish person ^^^

You always could get sick. The vaccine keeps you off the ventilator.

We still have a large group in children under 12 that can’t get it plus very few people with conditions where they shouldn’t get it.
This is the group I feel for. If morans not in this group would choose to get vaccinated, we would be at herd immunity and have protected them for the most part.

Unfortunately, my best friend and oldest son are in the group that choose not to be vaccinated. My best friend's younger brother just had Covid and was in ICU for 1 day and he at least now plans to get vaxxed once he is fully recovered. In a worst case scenario of them getting it and dying or giving it to someone close to them and killing them, I would be more angry with them than sad for them.

Reactions: mattymoknows
I dont care about being a spreader at this point, especially to those that choose to go unvaccinated.

if you cant get vaccine for health reasons you should be limiting exposure to other people regardless. They need to approve the vaccine for the under 12 crowd, but parents need to do what is best to protect their kids.
What about grandparents or others who come in contact with kids? Or your inadvertent contact with them either directly or through others. I get your frustration and I share it for those who are willfully ignoring vaccination, but there are too many who don't have a choice that I could affect for me not to do something as simple as wear a mask.

What about grandparents or others who come in contact with kids? Or your inadvertent contact with them either directly or through others. I get your frustration and I share it for those who are willfully ignoring vaccination, but there are too many who don't have a choice that I could affect for me not to do something as simple as wear a mask.
Well those grandparents and the parents of the kids can decide to wear a mask. They can choose to wear a mask in public places.

To mandate masks at this point it is dumb because the people who arent vaccinated that didnt mask up last year are going to be the ones to take off their masks as soon as they get through the entrance mask patrol of any space. If people are that worried, they can continue to bunker down.

i did my bunkering, masking, vaccination and im done because a large chunk of idiots fought those things every step of the way

Well those grandparents and the parents of the kids can decide to wear a mask. They can choose to wear a mask in public places.

To mandate masks at this point it is dumb because the people who arent vaccinated that didnt mask up last year are going to be the ones to take off their masks as soon as they get through the entrance mask patrol of any space. If people are that worried, they can continue to bunker down.

i did my bunkering, masking, vaccination and im done because a large chunk of idiots fought those things every step of the way
You will be adding to the challenge of overcoming the issue then. The longer this goes on the more chance for a variant that the vaccine does not work. It's a simple step to take to help - not doing so is selfish, imo.

Reactions: Jan Itor
What will the new excuse be if it receives full FDA approval?

They'll complain that it was the fastest approval in the history of mankind and corners were cut, yada yada yada.

There will always be an excuse for anti-vaxxers.

Reactions: mattymoknows
This is the group I feel for. If morans not in this group would choose to get vaccinated, we would be at herd immunity and have protected them for the most part.

Unfortunately, my best friend and oldest son are in the group that choose not to be vaccinated. My best friend's younger brother just had Covid and was in ICU for 1 day and he at least now plans to get vaxxed once he is fully recovered. In a worst case scenario of them getting it and dying or giving it to someone close to them and killing them, I would be more angry with them than sad for them.
If we could always get sick, even with the vaccine, how could we ever achieve herd immunity? Vaccines lessen the symptoms not eradicate the virus. You know, like the flu….?

If we could always get sick, even with the vaccine, how could we ever achieve herd immunity? Vaccines lessen the symptoms not eradicate the virus. You know, like the flu….?
The vaccine for this does 2 things. It does reduce (not completely eliminate. I believe it is over 90% chance that it prevents you from getting it) the risk of you getting it and if you do get it, it reduces the symptoms and almost completely eliminates the chance of death from it. So herd immunity may not completely eliminate it 100% but it would drastically reduce the # of cases and hospitalizations. This would also drastically reduce the chance of those that can't be vaccinated of getting it thus significantly increasing their protection.

You will be adding to the challenge of overcoming the issue then. The longer this goes on the more chance for a variant that the vaccine does not work. It's a simple step to take to help - not doing so is selfish, imo.
Aren’t we also at risk always of a flu virus variant evolving and becoming more deadly as well? I am all for everyone who can to get a vaccine. After that, when and where do these other mitigations end? I liked my life before this virus. I am not doing this crap forever. Get the damn shot or take your chances with the virus. The end.

The vaccine for this does 2 things. It does reduce (not completely eliminate. I believe it is over 90% chance that it prevents you from getting it) the risk of you getting it and if you do get it, it reduces the symptoms and almost completely eliminates the chance of death from it. So herd immunity may not completely eliminate it 100% but it would drastically reduce the # of cases and hospitalizations. This would also drastically reduce the chance of those that can't be vaccinated of getting it thus significantly increasing their protection.
When I got my vaccination in March they made it clear I could still get it, I just wouldn’t get deathly ill.

Yes, we've gone over this. People who got covid will have waining, neutralizing antibodies after six months. They will also have random antibodies to sections all over the virus, some of which don't stop the virus from infecting. This is like shooting a shotgun. It has some stopping power but sometimes isn't specific. The vaccine ONLY generates antibodies to the the spike protein which the virus needs for infection. It's like a sharpshooter shooting a rifle, very precise.

Some studies have shown vaccinated antibodies are better against delta variant than a previously infected patient because the spike protein is targeted so well.
In 6 months natural immunity will go the way of Covid coming from a lab. Nobody wants to talk it about until the evidence starts rolling in so hard people will be forced to acknowledge it.

^^^ THIS ^^^

In 6 months natural immunity will go the way of Covid coming from a lab. Nobody wants to talk it about until the evidence starts rolling in so hard people will be forced to acknowledge it.

Once FDA approved - why so scared of a vaccine? Scared of wittle needles? Scared of your wittle arm hurting for a couple days? Scared of a wittle fever?

Seems pretty beta to me…way more manly to quit being such a scared little baby.

I just got a text this evening. A former co-worker died today of COVID. Early 50's, healthy guy just a super nice family man. He was from Maine, very sharp guy, and had that "Up East" accent and a good sense of humor.
Unvaccinated.
I'm so so sad. 😔😢
And I'm angry too. It just makes me so frustrated. And worried. 😨😖
Sorry to hear. That is very sad. I can’t imagine the emotions his family is feeling as I’m sure there were ample vaccine discussions amongst them.

Reactions: goldmom

Even if that is the case, natural immunity will come at a steep cost for people like Goldmom’s friend. Senseless.

Reactions: goldmom

I’m in the same boat as you. These dipshits that aren’t vaxxing just pull the mask down below their nose and are “extending this thing” anyway. This whole mutation problem is going to occur regardless if all of us that did all the right things over the last 18 months start wearing masks again. There’s just too many of them. It’s not like it’s 3% of the population. Phuck them and what happens to them. If that’s selfish, so be it. I’ve self identified as selfish before for other reasons…this one doesn’t make me feel bad either.

Reactions: dirtypool and eb05
Aren’t we also at risk always of a flu virus variant evolving and becoming more deadly as well? I am all for everyone who can to get a vaccine. After that, when and where do these other mitigations end? I liked my life before this virus. I am not doing this crap forever. Get the damn shot or take your chances with the virus. The end.
Yes, and if the flu becomes as dangerous as Covid we will need to take similar mitigations.

I was disappointed to see the increased mask wearing yesterday in target.

i did my part. I masked willingly without argument last year, i got the vaccine as soon as i could. If given the option, i am not going to mask because some assholes dont want to get the vaccine.
Very sensible. In your mind.

The masks most people own don’t protect them from others. They protect other people from themselves.

Only a selfish asshole (minus legit medical or other reason) would not wear one.

The FDA is a schill for Big-Pharma. You can't trust 'em, man.

ajmmxx0_460s.jpg
LOL good one.
That is one really really tiny chip if it can squeeze through that needle! 😬

This 100% from personal experience.

The masks most people own don’t protect them from others. They protect other people from themselves.

Only a selfish asshole (minus legit medical or other reason) would not wear one.
I guess im a selfish asshole for not caring if i spread it to the willingly unvaccinated.

im fine with that

Once FDA approved - why so scared of a vaccine? Scared of wittle needles? Scared of your wittle arm hurting for a couple days? Scared of a wittle fever?

Seems pretty beta to me…way more manly to quit being such a scared little baby.
I have an acquaintance who's a therapist in another state with lower vax rates who emailed me the other day...he's gone back to wearing a mask even though he's vaccinated as are his wife and kids. He said he gets grief from some of his patients about wearing one and having them available to give them out during their visits.
One man said he's afraid of needles. My friend asked if he thought about how afraid he'd be if he knew how many needles would be stuck in him if they took him to the ICU or how he'd be afraid if he had to be entubated as they called in his family to his bedside. He said the guy just looked at him like he was dumbstruck. Heck yeah...dumb is the right word.

If you think the population that fought masking last year is going to mask up and end this thing, youre living in lala-land.

sorry. Im done being held hostage by the people that havent played along and fought it every step of the way.

I guess im a selfish asshole for not caring if i spread it to the willingly unvaccinated.

im fine with that

You dipshit. You can spread it to vaccinated as well. And although the percentage is small, they can get extremely sick and/or die. Or they can spread it to others that can get sick and die. That and you contribute to keeping the virus alive and mutating. Yes, non vaxxers are assholes, but so are you.

If you think the population that fought masking last year is going to mask up and end this thing, youre living in lala-land.

sorry. Im done being held hostage by the people that havent played along and fought it every step of the way.
If they are mandated - yes many would or they will miss out. And LOL at "being held hostage" by a freaking mask. SMFH

Reactions: steelhawkeye
If they are mandated - yes many would or they will miss out. And LOL at "being held hostage" by a freaking mask. SMFH
You think neckbeards who were complainint about ‘’mah ritez” are going to keep there masks on, if they go anywhere.

it worked so well last year
El oh freeking el

You dipshit. You can spread it to vaccinated as well. And although the percentage is small, they can get extremely sick and/or die. Or they can spread it to others that can get sick and die. That and you contribute to keeping the virus alive and mutating. Yes, non vaxxers are assholes, but so are you.
Again, at this point i do not care.

get the vaccine. If you catch it you have an amazing chance of surviving.
ill get on board once all the neck beards who didnt mask, complaining last summer about “mah ritez” takes the initiative

Yes, that’s why the flu vaccine is usually only 40%-60% effective. They don’t always get the right strains covered in the vaccine. But it still helps it not be as serious if you end up with the flu.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT