ADVERTISEMENT

Going down memory lane 2003 Iowa vs Wisconsin

losangeleshawkeye

All-Conference
Aug 28, 2014
Mission Viejo , California
I just got done watching the Iowa game vs Wisconsin and boy even being at the game that day little did I realize that we were down 21-7 later in the 3rd but the final seconds were breathtaking.. 4 & 1 at the Iowa 4 I believe and Stocco was in at QB and zipped one right down the middle and I can't remember for the life of me who stepped in and knocked the ball away totally clean shot too and no contact with any Wisconsin player.. I just remembered the boo birds and Camp Randal calling this game as a Wisconsin win and how they got jobbed but that's the farthest from the truth watching them battle back like warriors upfront with Gallery, McMahon and the big boys and how Fred Russell really gave Iowa that long run at the end to get Iowa's punter (again crappy mind remembering) enough leg room to boot us to a tad more safety. Even though Freddy didn't pick up the first I think that was key to the Iowa win as his near miss around 3:45 seconds left in the 4th that run paved the way for the win.. Just my opinion. I wonder where that fight has gone since then? We need to get that mojo back and start winning the close ones and I feel that KF and Co will find a way to silence the critics this year as I am on the fence either way with him but more and more I would love to see him succeed and bring us back into the spotlight- I think he has one last great run hidden away and it's time to show it starting this year. ON IOWA AND GO HAWKS!

Reactions: Rambler Hawk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News