ADVERTISEMENT

Going on a limb here for the AP Top 25

JerseyCityHawki

HR All-American
Oct 28, 2019
Hackensack, New Jersey
After the piss poor fiasco of the coaches poll not delivering for Iowa at least I think the AP will have Iowa in the top 20, probably right at 20 in which they deserve unlike Wisconsin who finished behind Iowa and the same with Minny … as many Iowa fans of stated this is a true guessing game and holds no merit whatsoever in how our Hawkeyes will finish this 2022…

if you ask me I am actually ok with it… it doesn’t sit well with me of course but it all matters at the end of the year where Iowa is ranked rather than the turds that predict Iowa out of the top 25

let’s beat some ass Hawks and steamroll the schedule in ‘22 and repeat as the BTW champs and this time finish the deal by stomping the East champs!

On Iowa and GOOOOO HAWKS!

Polls don't "deliver". Teams do and it is then reflected in the polls. Iowa finished last year with an absolute dud in the B1G Championship then a bowl game where they had the lead in the 4th quarter and gave up a TD with under 2 minutes to play. Very un-Iowa like. They were lucky to be 26th.

Reactions: Capital1Hawk
Don't worry, Iowa will have plenty of opportunities to make it to the top. If they were to beat Michigan and OSU, they would certainly be top 3 and maybe 1 or 2 depending on who else in the country loses.

Side note though: no matter if Iowa goes undefeated or regular season they will still more than likely have to win the B1G championship game to go to the playoff.

After the piss poor fiasco of the coaches poll not delivering for Iowa at least I think the AP will have Iowa in the top 20, probably right at 20 in which they deserve unlike Wisconsin who finished behind Iowa and the same with Minny … as many Iowa fans of stated this is a true guessing game and holds no merit whatsoever in how our Hawkeyes will finish this 2022…

if you ask me I am actually ok with it… it doesn’t sit well with me of course but it all matters at the end of the year where Iowa is ranked rather than the turds that predict Iowa out of the top 25

let’s beat some ass Hawks and steamroll the schedule in ‘22 and repeat as the BTW champs and this time finish the deal by stomping the East champs!

On Iowa and GOOOOO HAWKS!
Wiscy ended their year 7-1 we ended ours 4-4 including a beat down by wiscy....

I hope we finish ahead of them, but HIGHLY doubt we start ahead ..

Polls don't "deliver". Teams do and it is then reflected in the polls. Iowa finished last year with an absolute dud in the B1G Championship then a bowl game where they had the lead in the 4th quarter and gave up a TD with under 2 minutes to play. Very un-Iowa like. They were lucky to be 26th.
That's coaches poll I think. That definitely is worthless :)

• Love
Reactions: JerseyCityHawki
Sorry why would they rank us well.
What did we do to fix this offense since last year?
We will have the same person throwing the ball unless injured.
We all forget ourselves how bad it was. Thank goodness for our defense in keeping us in most games.

Sorry why would they rank us well.
What did we do to fix this offense since last year?
We will have the same person throwing the ball unless injured.
We all forget ourselves how bad it was. Thank goodness for our defense in keeping us in most games.
They would rank Iowa based on 17 returning starters, what is projected to be the top defense in the BIG if not one of the best in the country. Development in the O-line and at the skilled positions.

This thread is a perfect example of this forum. The glass half full posters with the rationale for ranking Iowa and the glass half empty posters with the rationale for why Iowa should not be ranked. Classic.

Reactions: uihawk82 and Ree4
This thread is a perfect example of this forum. The glass half full posters with the rationale for ranking Iowa and the glass half empty posters with the rationale for why Iowa should not be ranked. Classic.
Realist vs dreamers ;)

I scratch my head at how the pollsters will always rank teams in the polls even though they were terrible the year before or average at best then take a team like Iowa, coming off of 10 wins, returning 17 starters and nothing. I don’t get it and don’t think they do either. Win and the rest will take care of itself.

I scratch my head at how the pollsters will always rank teams in the polls even though they were terrible the year before or average at best then take a team like Iowa, coming off of 10 wins, returning 17 starters and nothing. I don’t get it and don’t think they do either. Win and the rest will take care of itself.
Maybe if a new head coach and loaded with 4 and 5 stars. Lincoln has been a golden boy all along so they expect immediate results. Scottie's shine is off.

Being ranked always helps. Every win, every weekly ranking, every signed recruit, is a brick in building your program.

It is better to be ranked than not ranked. At a minimum, your scores are more widely available and reported when you are ranked.

But the whiners love to whine, so we see it in every thread.

Polls are worthless until about week 4.
Anything before that is purely subjective.
Keep your head down, take care of your business and the polls will take care of themselves.

Reactions: JerseyCityHawki

They ended up 26th which meant the voters thought there were 25 teams better that could beat Iowa most of the time while there were 100 teams worse than the hawks. Pretty simple so not a matter of luck. It was the kentucky loss that sent them down in the rankings. Kentucky had a few starters sitting out and Iowa's offense was just average again. If Iowa wins that game they are probably 19th or so.

• Haha
Reactions: HuskerObsessedHawk
Badgers laid a giant turd when it counted the most for their season.
Yes, the hawks had just beaten Minny and the Iowa offense looked more productive in the game against Minny than they had been. So for Wisky to lose to Minny, either Wisky was just off that day or Minny played one of their better defensive games (I think it was a combination that Minny stacked it against the wisky run game and Mertz was poor).

Wiscy ended their year 7-1 we ended ours 4-4 including a beat down by wiscy....

I hope we finish ahead of them, but HIGHLY doubt we start ahead ..
Count me in with you as we need to start a dominant run against these stinky Badgers … I still love the Hayden days when we ripped off like 19’wins and 1 tie with the Badgers? I would kindly take that beat down again on the Badgers for the next few decades

They ended up 26th which meant the voters thought there were 25 teams better that could beat Iowa most of the time while there were 100 teams worse than the hawks. Pretty simple so not a matter of luck. It was the kentucky loss that sent them down in the rankings. Kentucky had a few starters sitting out and Iowa's offense was just average again. If Iowa wins that game they are probably 19th or so.
Probably more to do with the CCG (and then the world seeing the team you lost to by 39 get flat out dominated by UGA). Perception wise it probably would have been better if tOSU made the CCG and beat you by more because at least you would have lost to a team that (not unfairly...as much as it pains me to admit) is perceived to be at a different level talent wise than Michigan.

Probably. They just need to take it one game at a time and they'll be fine.
I have a little more to add - Going forward, we’ll need to make sure we come up with some outside-the-box ideas though by peeling back the onion. At the end of the day, however, I’m sure we’ll continue our results-focused approach. Hopefully, we’ll avoid facing any headwinds and we’ll continue to do our due diligence. I’m not sure if it will move the needle so we’ll need to manage expectations going forward. That’s my $.02. Our players know that we have an open door policy, so hopefully that should reveal any push-back early in the process. To address the elephant in the room - we don’t want to get thrown under the bus, so lets put our game faces on and utilize our best practices.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT