ADVERTISEMENT

Going on a limb here ISU

I think IOWA took "the refs screwed us" off the table with that ass-kicking. We did hear versions of #2 and #4 though.
Oh, you'd think so, but no. They're saying the refs missed a defensive hold on Hankins first INT and that changed the tone of the whole game. Everything hinged on that one no-call.

• Haha
Reactions: shudaddy
After week 2? Top 5. Wins over UNI and Iowa. Top 5 Iowa State heads to Las Vegas to play UNLV in front of tens of thousands of Iowa State fans.
How'd that premonition work out for you?

IA State has their work cut out for them if they want to stay ranked after this week. It'll be their first real away game in over a year. Good luck with that!

🤣

IA State has their work cut out for them if they want to stay ranked after this week. It'll be their first real away game in over a year. Good luck with that!

🤣
The completely empty end zone seats speak powerfully

🤣

Well he was half right……. He got the top 5 part correct.

So now….does ISU bounce back and throttle UNLV? I don’t think they do. They’ll win, but I don’t think it’ll be a blowout.
They'll beat UNLV but won't look good doing it (kind of like the UNI game), then lose at Baylor. After Baylor, they'll destroy Kansas because Kansas is basically an FCS team, then they right the ship @Kansas State in a close game.

I could see them beating Oklahoma State, @WVU will be tough, Texas who knows, Texas Tech win, Oklahoma loss, and TCU win. They end up 8-4 or 7-5, depending on how the Texas game goes.

Campbell leaves for Penn State after the season. James Franklin goes to USC.

Reactions: Pete in LA
They'll beat UNLV but won't look good doing it (kind of like the UNI game), then lose at Baylor. After Baylor, they'll destroy Kansas because Kansas is basically an FCS team, then they right the ship @Kansas State in a close game.

I could see them beating Oklahoma State, @WVU will be tough, Texas who knows, Texas Tech win, Oklahoma loss, and TCU win. They end up 8-4 or 7-5, depending on how the Texas game goes.

Campbell leaves for Penn State after the season. James Franklin goes to USC.
Trying to understand the logic of an away game with UNLV? I get the "padding your stats" angle, but playing an opponent outside the P5 away from home?

UNLV doesn't draw flies for games. Majority of fans will be drunk Clones who left the farm for the first time ever.

And from personal experience... you don't want to be in LV between May-October.

Last edited:
Trying to understand the logic of an away game with UNLV? I get the "padding your stats" angle, but playing an opponent outside the P5 away from home?

UNLV doesn't draw flies for games. Majority of fans will be drunk Clones who left the farm for the first time ever.

And from personal experience... you don't want to be in LV between May-October.
It's a way for Vegas sports books and hotels to farm cash out of upper-middle class Iowa State baby boomer fans. ISU will then get kickbacks from their participation, it's a win-win for everyone.

I was looking up the Iowa State game vs UNLV and it says it’s on CBSS— is that a typo and it’s really CBS, is it a sister station to CBS, or is it an Iowa State channel (ex. Cyclone Broadcasting Service System).

• Haha
Reactions: JerseyCityHawki
UNLV is atrocious but they nearly had one of the worst all time losses to Drake at home so anything’s possible

I was looking up the Iowa State game vs UNLV and it says it’s on CBSS— is that a typo and it’s really CBS, is it a sister station to CBS, or is it an Iowa State channel (ex. Cyclone Broadcasting Service System).

CBS Sports Channel. They typically have G4 games on it, west coast games hence it being at UNLV CBSS has the rights to it.

I saw UNLV play ASU last week. This was a close game first half. UNLV not that bad, could surprise ISU.

Funny, according to ESPN, Iowa right now is ranked behind 6 Big 12 team's, and only one spot ahead of WV. Only 3 teams in the Big 10 are above Iowa. Heck OU and ISU are both ahead of Ohio State right now. Seems to me the Big 10 looks a little wimpy.

Here are the current rankings, douchebag. I was going to compare Iowa to where ISU is, but the Cyclones are nowhere to be seen.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT