ADVERTISEMENT

Going out on a limb!!!!!

I'm focused on the Wisconsin game.

This has to be one of the most important, if temporarily not THE most important men's basketball games to be held in Carver.

But this team has my respect and admiration already. No matter what.
Come on Dan, we're fans. We don't have to focus on a dang thing. We just have to cheer loud and decide if we're having soft serve or not.

Reactions: DanL53 and ZumaHawk
Come on Dan, we're fans. We don't have to focus on a dang thing. We just have to cheer loud and decide if we're having soft serve or not.

That's true sauce! Kind of reminds me of Joe Iowa and the Lost Island Tropical Bar. A place where there was far more beer than sorrows to drown in them.

So let me restate my post. This is the reason I don't do cruise ships, or group travel packages. I am always lagging behind and slowing down the group because I like to take my time. This Wisconsin game has my entire interest at the moment.

Reactions: hawksauce
Very good point. 1 game at a time, that's the way it should be. On the other hand we were all predicting win/ losses before the season started so thought I would give my ending predictions.

I think Iowa loses tomorrow night and if/when they do I still don't think the sky will be falling.. I have a weird feeling about 2-2 finish and losing both home games..

All good points here, but IMO, this game is a chance to completely restore confidence and mojo to the team. With Uthoff as a leader, a big game vs. Wisconsin could be the ultimate confidence booster, and if the bench could get going a little bit, a win here could have lasting benefits moving into the last 3 games and postseason.

I'm pumped for this one. It's huge, just in a different sense than the MD or IND games were huge.

I hope I'm not being a downer. Ok, I see us finishing 4-0 until and if it doesn't happen. I do like that we could have a players only meeting and not have to put mittens on anybody's hands like they do at Iowa State.

Reactions: ZumaHawk
Coach Fran had a week to prepare a game plan for
Wisconsin. He will tighten the screws as the Iowa
defense shows up big time. This will be a complete
team effort with 4 Hawkeyes scoring in double figures.

Reactions: ZumaHawk
All good points here, but IMO, this game is a chance to completely restore confidence and mojo to the team. With Uthoff as a leader, a big game vs. Wisconsin could be the ultimate confidence booster, and if the bench could get going a little bit, a win here could have lasting benefits moving into the last 3 games and postseason.

I'm pumped for this one. It's huge, just in a different sense than the MD or IND games were huge.
This is a huge game. I also believe that if the Hawks play well and win against a very solid team that is playing very well, it will restore the team's confidence and improve our chances to win the rest of our games.

Reactions: thewop
Very good point. 1 game at a time, that's the way it should be. On the other hand we were all predicting win/ losses before the season started so thought I would give my ending predictions.
If it is prediction time, I'm going to sneak by without a guess at thr outcome----other than to note Wisconsin usually plays hard, plays smart..and if that isn't enough grabs & pushes every Hawkeye uniform including ones being worn by cheerleaders (Bo may be retired, but he left behind his chapters from the Barry Alvarez Manual for Sneaky Mayhem)..

My prediction (based onMcCaffery's performance, he knows recruiting well; he knows teaching even more, but whether he has equal prowess in game management skills remains a question): EITHER the disastrous consequence of taking his excellent front-court defensive tandem off the floor five minutes into the game, only to lose the lead & fall behind quickly, have made our coach contrite and eager to abandon such folly, OR Hawkeye fans are going to be taking hand fulls of Advil & Tylenol until the final horn blows.

How difficult is it to realize that if Woodbury & Uthoff are kept on bench by coach's choice for ten or fifteen minutes of the first half, it can have the same result as if they foul out in the second half.

Not easy, no cake walk, grind it out game, won in 2nd half. Our seniors are going to lead this team the rest of the year and there are good things coming for Iowa basketball. It all starts on Wednesday and I'm looking forward to it.

I think our seniors recognize that this is their penultimate game in Carver and will want to make the most of it.

ADVERTISEMENT