ADVERTISEMENT

Going to Disney

I think I will enjoy it somewhat. Maybe not as much as I could have going elsewhere but despite the stress of the crowds I think it will be nice.

Looking forward to some of the food.
There is so much advice in this thread by people with more knowledge than me, but my 2 cents on that would be to focus your fire on things you can't do in Indiana, or wherever you actually live. Is the Disney food good? I guess. I can't complain about what we ate there. But that would be the last thing I made a priority, as there is delicious food all over the world, including my own kitchen and backyard. I would say the same about lots of the lame ass rollercoasters and rides. For example, for the life of me, other than pure nostalgia, I cannot fathom why there are wait times for the peter pan ride in the magic kingdom. when there we saw there was always a wait, so figured it must be good. We went on one day, and I was like, wut? We might have even burned a fast pass on it. So disappointing. Here is what I think are the most non-duplicable enjoyable experiences, based on our trips to Orlando:
  1. Lighting of the castle at night at magic kingdom
  2. Harry Potter stuff at Universal
  3. I'm going to say the new Star Wars stuff on faith, although the lame stars wars stuff we saw at hollywood studious 8 years ago was not worth it
  4. test track at disney
  5. transformers ride at Universal
  6. spiderman ride at universal
  7. epcott ride spaceship earth
  8. soarin' at disney
I'm not saying there aren't other awesome things to do, but these were unique.

Last edited:
There is so much advice in this thread by people with more knowledge than me, but my 2 cents on that would be to focus your fire on things you can't do in Indiana, or wherever you actually live. Is the Disney food good? I guess. I can't complain about what we ate there. But that would be the last thing I made a priority, as there is delicious food all over the world, including my own kitchen and backyard. I would say the same about lots of the lame ass rollercoasters and rides. For example, for the life of me, other than pure nostalgia, I cannot fathom why there are wait times for the peter pan ride in the magic kingdom. when there we saw there was always a wait, so figured it must be good. We went on one day, and I was like, wut? We might have even burned a fast pass on it. So disappointing. Here is what I think are the most non-duplicable enjoyable experiences, based on our trips to Orlando:
  3. I'm going to say the new Star Wars stuff on faith, although the lame stars wars stuff we saw at hollywood studious 8 years ago was not worth it
  4. test track at disney
  8. soarin' at disney
Talking about food is a good point. Disney World isn't all that great for food aside from the Dole Whip. The food isn't bad and there are some nice restaurants, but there isn't much that I would say is a must have. The countries at Epcot give you the best variety and some are decent.

Disneyland on the other hand has some really great different kinds of food, a lot of which are dessert or snack oriented. From our January trip these are the most memorable things: Monte Cristo sandwich, Raspberry Macaroons, Tangaroa Toast for breakfast at the hotel, cream cheese filled pretzel with toffee dusting, sorcerer mickey shake, churro toffee, and the alcoholic dole whip float(Dole Whip in pineapple juice and coconut rum), cookie shakes, etc. We pounded a lot of calories on that trip but they were all worth it.

4. test track at disney
  8. soarin' at disney

You shut your whore mouth when you talk about Peter Pan.

But, yes, totally about nostalgia for me. Ride it multiple times every visit.

• Haha
Reactions: Tenacious E
The last time we went was pre-covid so things may have changed. But if not…

When you exit Space Mountain they take you through a gift shop. In that shop is a massage chair. I swear, hand on Bible, I watched two women have an orgasm in that chair. The first was a 50yo Asian woman who just let it go and it was super obvious and she didn’t care. So I was watching carefully the next time. A 35ish yo MILF was trying really hard to hide it and seemed embarrassed, but it was very clear to an attentive audience that she got off, too.

So my recommendation is to hang out there.

Snow White’s sybian.

4. test track at disney
  8. soarin' at disney

I thought Test Track was lame. Design a car and ride up to 60 mph!

Well, I drove faster than that on my way to the park.

I thought Test Track was lame. Design a car and ride up to 60 mph!

Well, I drove faster than that on my way to the park.
It’s not the 60, it is how fast you get there. Well, that and how fast it feels to your kids who you are living through

It’s not the 60, it is how fast you get there. Well, that and how fast it feels to your kids who you are living through
Plus the car seats you much lower, the seating is open air, and the banks are very banked. All combine to give you the feeling of moving faster than normal.

Almost. The yeti ride at animal kingdom is intense. Have you ever climbed a hill, stalled, and then have the roller coaster free fall backwards?

There’s a few rides that I enjoy as an adult at the Disney parks and then some I tolerate for something to do to fill out the day but don’t really love. In general the Universal Parks have a far bigger list of rides that are enjoyable as an adult so that’s why in most nonCovid years I’m a Universal annual passholder but only go to Disney at most one or two days a year to try the newest rides at a park or to do Epcots Food & Wine if there’s also a band I want to see.

For me the rides I find really enjoyable as an adult are:

Magic Kingdom
Space Mountain
Big Thunder Mountain
Splash Mountain
Haunted Mansion

Epcot
Ratatouille

Animal Kingdom
Avatar Flight of Passage (second best ride in all of the Disney Parks and top ten in Florida)
Safari
Expedition Everest
Kali River Rapids (although it’s the worst water ride in all of the Florida theme parks including Busch Gardens, SeaWorld and Universal but a water ride regardless is always decent)

Hollywood Studios
Rise of the Resistance
Mickey’s Runaway Railroad
Star Tours
Rock n Roller Coaster
Slinky Dog Dash
Twilight Zone Tower of Terror

For me the rides I go on but don’t really find all that enjoyable just time killers are:

Magic Kingdom
Peter’s Pan Flight
Mad Hatter’s Teacups
Pirates of the Caribbean
Buzz Lightyear
Enchanted Tiki Room
Goofy’s Barnstormer

Epcot
Frozen
Gran Fiesta Tour (really useful to get out of the heat as even the cue is indoors and cool)
Journey into Imagination
Spaceship Earth
Test Track
The Seas
Soarin Around the World
Living with the Land

Animal Kingdom
Dinosaur
NA’avi River Journey

Hollywood Studios
Toy Story Mania
Muppetvision 3D
Star Wars- Millenium Falcon Smugglers Run

The rides I hate in addition to the truly kiddie rides for toddlers:

Magic Kingdom
Seven Dwarfs Mineride (Worst ride in all of Disney, not only is it a boring excuse for a roller coaster the restraints put a lot of pressure on your balls if you’re an adult man. It squeezes them beyond normal pain tolerances.)
Tomorrowland Speedway
Liberty Square Riverboat
Hall of Presidents
It’s a Small World
Little Mermaid
Dumbo the Flying Elephant
Winnie the Pooh
Jungle Cruise
Astro Orbiter
Prince Charming’s Regal Carousel
Country Bear Jamboree
PeopleMover
Carousel of Progress
Magic Carpets

Epcot
Mission Space (except it may be too intense for the kiddies who MIGHT enjoy it)

Animal Kingdom
Triceratops Spin
Tree of Life

Hollywood Studios
Alien Swirling Saucers

It’s amazing how Hollywood Studios went from worst park to best park slowly over the years.

Rest days are for fatties. Suck it up and get your butt to the parks as many days as you can. Last time I checked, 6 day passes were about the same as a 4 day on Undercover Tourist. Either way, you can save a good bit buying from them. No tax I believe.

Edit: I'm only familiar with pre-pandemic Disney.

Question on this, I'm looking at undercover tourist and I picked out my start date but it didn't let me pick out individual days. So if I buy on undercover tourist is selling these on the idea that they are for consecutive days with no rest days?

Also when it says something like 4 day part tickets plus an extra day does that mean that you get 4 consecutive days of park tickets plus 2 days that you can just use whenever you want (With park reservations of course)

If that's the case there certainly seems to be some steep discounts to buying consecutive days worth of tickets almost to the point where it would cost less to buy park tickets that we might not even use or maybe use but spend a short amount of time in the park than it would be to just buy tickets for 2 days on and 2 days off.

Question on this, I'm looking at undercover tourist and I picked out my start date but it didn't let me pick out individual days. So if I buy on undercover tourist is selling these on the idea that they are for consecutive days with no rest days?

Also when it says something like 4 day part tickets plus an extra day does that mean that you get 4 consecutive days of park tickets plus 2 days that you can just use whenever you want (With park reservations of course)

If that's the case there certainly seems to be some steep discounts to buying consecutive days worth of tickets almost to the point where it would cost less to buy park tickets that we might not even use or maybe use but spend a short amount of time in the park than it would be to just buy tickets for 2 days on and 2 days off.

I don't think it has to be consecutive. Here is a link to a 5-day pass that you get 8 days to use them from the start date.

Here is the one you asked about. 4 Days + 1 is the just the same as a 5-day ticket

I don't think it has to be consecutive. Here is a link to a 5-day pass that you get 8 days to use them from the start date.

Here is the one you asked about. 4 Days + 1 is the just the same as a 5-day ticket

That is awesome information! Thanks

ADVERTISEMENT