ADVERTISEMENT

Golf degens - PGA

St. Louis Hawk

HR Legend
Gold Member
Feb 5, 2003
So, before @FAUlty Gator starts looping for ZJ, the 2022 PGA starts this week.

Southern Hills. Was there in 2007 and it was 105 or so every day.

This year, no heat protection (90 on Th, dropping to 60's and 70's over the weekend), but looks like wind will be up. Hanse removed a bunch of trees, small greens, long for a par 70.

Usual suspect caddies on the Twitters on the Internets say rough is not too bad because didn't have much time to grow it out.

Who you got this week? I faded Scottie at Augusta and got curb stomped. Because I'm dumb, I may fade him again.

I'm thinking Augusta and Riviera may be good course comps. Will post my core later this week.

@hexumhawk @NoleinATL @seminoleed @fivecardstud14 @Greenway4Prez @WisestIowan @fredjr82 @Funky Bunch @jamesvanderwulf @JWolf74 @schraderj @Bank of Hawk @fivecardstud14 @ICWestfan @WorldSeriesChamps2015 @Hawkman98 @DFSNOLE @Brian_Fantana @mstp1992 @Kinnick 4 Prez @EpenesaEpenesa

Reactions: hwk23
Playing three main lineups in DK:

Rahm
Cantlay
Niemann
Woodland
Varner
Na

JT
Cantlay
Niemann
Bradley
Noren
McIntyre

Scheffler
McIlroy
Garcia
Bradley
Varner
Vegas

JT
Zalatoris
Niemann
Connors
Young
Lanto

Rory to win

Core 4

C. Smith
Lowry
Niemann
Fitzpatrick

Long Shots - Macintyre, Woodland, Power, Lahiri

Faded Scheffler, again, because I'm a Moran.*

Good luck to you all!

I just threw a few bucks on Morikawa (22-2) and Homa (55-1) to win. Threw in a smaller bet on Thomas as a backup.

ESPN+ getting ready to kick it off. It has been pretty awesome so far for the majors and TPC.

Tiger started hot, then fell apart. He started limping every time he hit a bad shot.

I wonder if he will withdraw? That's what he should do if he is hurting that bad.

Last edited:
Tigers group standing at 14:

Pulled technique #2 out on Friday. The guy in front parked 25 yards in front of the green and walked up, leaving his wife in cart. I was 270 out in the fairway and knew I wasn't going to get to the green, but I sure as heck could hit it 255 to near the front.

So I waited, in position #2, and when they pulled away I put one very near where that cart was parked if not right on it. And I'm an amateur, so obviously I chipped up to 12 feet and missed the birdie putt. May as well have laid up to 100 yards when they were still there.

Club pro guy is genius. A great follow.

Manoloteachesgolf is another great one.

So over the weekend we had thousands of political posts and zero about a golf major with a Jean Claude Vande Velde finish? HROT has officially jumped the shark.

Mito’s swing on 18 tee. Looks like me and my group’s swings after drinking the cart girl beer truck dry and doing the “hit and hope” just trying to get to the 19th.

But he handled it like a pro in the post-round interviews and stayed around until there were no more questions. Full respect there.

Mito’s swing on 18 tee. Looks like me and my group’s swings after drinking the cart girl beer truck dry and doing the “hit and hope” just trying to get to the 19th.

But he handled it like a pro in the post-round interviews and stayed around until there were no more questions. Full respect there.

I was getting so pissed at those idiots on 18 yelling at everyone to hit the driver. CBS should have cut those mics.

I was getting so pissed at those idiots on 18 yelling at everyone to hit the driver. CBS should have cut those mics.

Probably the same idiots that were cheering every time a player missed the 18th green on Friday. They were likely side betting amongst themselves. SVP commented on air that they must not have been deterred by the $18 beer prices. It's one thing to act like that at the Waste Management, but this is a freaking major and they should have been ejected from the grounds.

Hadn't heard much from the golf bros earlier in the week and was hopeful that was a good reflection on our fair city.

I guess there still wasn't that many on the weekend compared to some previous venues but, of course, there were the idiots in full throat on the 18th tee.

Another great tourney and Champion at Southern Hills. Been to half of 'em.

Reactions: St. Louis Hawk
Hadn't heard much from the golf bros earlier in the week and was hopeful that was a good reflection on our fair city.

I guess there still wasn't that many on the weekend compared to some previous venues but, of course, there were the idiots in full throat on the 18th tee.

Another great tourney and Champion at Southern Hills. Been to half of 'em.

It’s a solid course and would be a nice to have a spot in the PGA or US Open rotations, but it looks like US Open is going the Open Championship way and staking out only 8 or so courses.

I haven’t been to SH since the PGA in 2007 (where it was about a thousand degrees), but had a great time at the course and the bars later.

Reactions: SoonerBeAHawk
It’s a solid course and would be a nice to have a spot in the PGA or US Open rotations, but it looks like US Open is going the Open Championship way and staking out only 8 or so courses.

I haven’t been to SH since the PGA in 2007 (where it was about a thousand degrees), but had a great time at the course and the bars later.
I guess on the one hand I kinda like the idea of a rota of traditional courses. Keeps out the over-hyped, unproven tracks like, say, a Chambers Bay. But please, not at the expense of SH! Ha.

The players still love SH as they expressed often this week. Kinda wonky weather but overall was good and certainly better than anything August would offer.

Finally, a Fun Fact: The architect, Perry Maxwell, who was prolific in OK and TX also designed ISU's Veenker Course. Oh, he also did the famous redesign on Augusta's 10th hole.

I guess on the one hand I kinda like the idea of a rota of traditional courses. Keeps out the over-hyped, unproven tracks like, say, a Chambers Bay. But please, not at the expense of SH! Ha.

The players still love SH as they expressed often this week. Kinda wonky weather but overall was good and certainly better than anything August would offer.

Finally, a Fun Fact: The architect, Perry Maxwell, who was prolific in OK and TX also designed ISU's Veenker Course. Oh, he also did the famous redesign on Augusta's 10th hole.

I agree. No need for Chambers Bay or Erin Hills. I think a rota with six or seven fixed with one or two floaters is fine - enough to work one offs like Marion, SH, Prairie Dunes, LA Country Club, Cherry Hills, or even something like Seminole.

Every golfer has been there; you step over a shot and think to yourself, “Don’t go right, DON’T GO RIGHT!” And halfway through the swing, your body takes over and puts a horrible swing on it, whatever it takes to get the ball to do what you don’t want it to do.

That follow through looked like his body taking over and producing a swing that he would never, ever otherwise do. I felt for him.

Every golfer has been there; you step over a shot and think to yourself, “Don’t go right, DON’T GO RIGHT!” And halfway through the swing, your body takes over and puts a horrible swing on it, whatever it takes to get the ball to do what you don’t want it to do.

That follow through looked like his body taking over and producing a swing that he would never, ever otherwise do. I felt for him.

Yep. Pressure is a hell of a thing. But he handled it well after. I think we will see more of him.

Reactions: Greenway4Prez
I felt sorry for Mito all week long. While the US galleries are generally polite - outside of the Ryder Cup - they generally are palpably pro US unless you're a Rory or Rahm type.

Nothing so wrong about this but it is difficult when the US has a stranglehold on the majors. Mito said himself he felt the crowd was about 30/70 for/against.

Paul Mcginley has an interesting idea, take the PGA overseas every 5 or so years. Only major we could do that with. Don't hate it, but again, like my local majors too!

How did Mito not pull 3 wood there and essentially take the water out of play?

FTeNzfkX0AAnS8H

ADVERTISEMENT