ADVERTISEMENT

Golf degens - The Players

St. Louis Hawk

HR Legend
Gold Member
Feb 5, 2003
I'm sure I'm in the minority but I did not enjoy watching the leaders grind it out for 74-76 yesterday at Bay Hill. The rough was insane. I want to see birdies.

Just feels more like a "last man standing" as opposed to someone who takes the W. All that said Scheffler deserved the win; he & Hovland are hot heading into the spring.

I'm sure I'm in the minority but I did not enjoy watching the leaders grind it out for 74-76 yesterday at Bay Hill. The rough was insane. I want to see birdies.

Just feels more like a "last man standing" as opposed to someone who takes the W. All that said Scheffler deserved the win; he & Hovland are hot heading into the spring.

I kind of see both sides on this one. I love the players having a rough time (NPI) but yesterday was US Open brutal. At the same time, I don't really enjoy seeing tourneys where the winner is close to 30 under. Somewhere in that 9-18 range is best for me personally.

I kind of see both sides on this one. I love the players having a rough time (NPI) but yesterday was US Open brutal. At the same time, I don't really enjoy seeing tourneys where the winner is close to 30 under. Somewhere in that 9-18 range is best for me personally.
Agree on the 9-18 range. It can get silly with -25 & more at tourneys like the American Express & John Deere.

Reactions: St. Louis Hawk
Agree on the 9-18 range. It can get silly with -25 & more at tourneys like the American Express & John Deere.

Yeah. Even the Masters is starting to get where you might regularly see a pretty low score.

Here are the last like 11 totals from Augusta
23px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg.png
United States
Phil Mickelson (3)
272​
−16​
[86]
23px-Flag_of_South_Africa.svg.png
South Africa
Charl Schwartzel
274​
−14​
[87]
United States
Bubba Watson
Champion won in a playoff
[q]
278​
−10​
[88]
23px-Flag_of_Australia_%28converted%29.svg.png
Australia
Adam Scott
[r]
279​
−9​
[89]
United States
Bubba Watson (2)
280​
−8​
[90]
United States
Jordan Spieth
270​
−18​
[91]
23px-Flag_of_England.svg.png
England
Danny Willett
283​
−5​
[92]
23px-Flag_of_Spain.svg.png
Spain
Sergio García
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Masters_Tournament_champions#endnote_Roses

[TD]
279​
[/TD]
[TD]
−9​
[/TD]
[TD]
[93]
[/TD]

[TR]
[TH]2018[/TH]
[TD]
United States[/TD]
[TD]Patrick Reed[/TD]
[TD]
273​
[/TD]
[TD]
−15​
[/TD]
[TD]
[94]
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TH]2019[/TH]
[TD]
United States[/TD]
[TD]Tiger Woods (5)[/TD]
[TD]
275​
[/TD]
[TD]
−13​
[/TD]
[TD]
[95]
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TH]2020[/TH]
[TD]
United States[/TD]
[TD]Dustin Johnson[/TD]
[TD]
268​
[/TD]
[TD]
−20​
[/TD]
[TD]
[7]
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TH]2021[/TH]
[TD]
23px-Flag_of_Japan.svg.png
Japan[/TD]
[TD]Hideki Matsuyama[/TD]
[TD]
278​
[/TD]
[TD]
−10​
[/TD]
[TH][/TH]
[/TR]

Based off of Draft Kings pricing, at this time, I am starting my lineups with this base:
Morikawa
Cantlay
Lowry
Gooch

That leaves $7450 left for the remaining two players.

Cheap players (under 7500) I like (besides Gooch)

Young- 7200
Ortiz- 6400
Casey- 7400 but everyone on earth will own him so I will fade and hope he WDs
Kin- 7300
Munoz- 6700
Kokrak- 7300
Kirk- 7000
Hoge- 7000
Harman- 6900
Vegas 6800
Laird- 6800
Hoffman- 6700
Hossler- 6500
Higgs- 6100
Hodges- 6100

Last edited:
I like the -2 to -10 tournaments. I like to watch them grind sometimes when they hit a bad ball. Bad shots should be penalized and good shots rewarded.
This. Last Sunday was a perfect example too. Woodland scored an Eagle to take the lead and then gave it back by going Double Bogey, Bogey to end on the 17th and 18th. Perfect example of good shots getting rewarded and bad shots getting penalized. That double tap out of the sand was rough but justified.

I'm thinking of fading him because everyone will be in on him.

How about Billy Ho or Fitzpatrick?
I think we should take Billy Ho just to piss off the Noles :D

I haven’t done any pre-tournament betting at all this year, it’s strictly been live or between rounds.

The depth of talent is just insane, which makes picking winners/top 10’s more difficult than ever.

I think we should take Billy Ho just to piss off the Noles :D

I haven’t done any pre-tournament betting at all this year, it’s strictly been live or between rounds.

The depth of talent is just insane, which makes picking winners/top 10’s more difficult than ever.
Here is all of my action:

Jason Day to win 90-1

Top 5 for all of these:
Cam Young (20-1)
Brian Harman (25-1)
Todd (35-1)
Reavie (70-1)
Garnett (100-1)

Reactions: Greenway4Prez
I bet morikowa, brooks and finau as my long shot.
Win and top 10’s.

I put a mixed bag into my bets this week. Been playing a lot of 3ball parlays lately.

Anyways, for longer shots and great odds I took Kizzire, Kokrak, Fitz, Hoge. There a few lesser known players that seem to be locked in on that course.

You could also go the route of taking players that are just hot right now...Sheff, Horschel, Hovland,

Win and top 10’s.
Finau is a ballsy bet. One of my favorite guys on tour but he’s like Syracuse in the NCAA - bet on him and he MC; don’t bet on him, and he Top 10s.

Finau is a ballsy bet. One of my favorite guys on tour but he’s like Syracuse in the NCAA - bet on him and he MC; don’t bet on him, and he Top 10s.
80-1 to win, 25-1 top 10.
I’m still up huge in golf due to pga where i had morikowa, champ and scottie s wins and top 10.

Yep

He has the game to win every week but must just lack something in the noggin.

Pin in back on 1 green. Hovland landed past the pin and spun it back.

When I played Sawgrass my first shot was right down the middle and my approach hit right in the middle of the green and I still can’t find it it went so far over.

Pin in back on 1 green. Hovland landed past the pin and spun it back.

When I played Sawgrass my first shot was right down the middle and my approach hit right in the middle of the green and I still can’t find it it went so far over.
Didn't have the right spin rate or decent angle on that shot.

What a cluster, trying to get everything caught up. It will be interesting to see what kind of schedule is put together.

What a cluster, trying to get everything caught up. It will be interesting to see what kind of schedule is put together.

The last group off for round 2 is scheduled for a tee time at 7:01, which is 29 minutes after sunset. Has to suck knowing you have to go out & get warmed up/prepared to play, even though you know you'll likely only play one hole before it's dark.

The last group off for round 2 is scheduled for a tee time at 7:01, which is 29 minutes after sunset. Has to suck knowing you have to go out & get warmed up/prepared to play, even though you know you'll likely only play one hole before it's dark.
They are catching a break playing most of their 2nd round tomorrow in calmer winds and warmer. I think that's the forecast.

Carnage today. Fleetwood’s tee time group catches another break. Tomorrow will be cold but only 12 mph winds. Half a club to a club differenceS. Today they were hitting 7 irons on their 130 shots and still coming up short. 50 yard winds. Crazy.

ADVERTISEMENT