ADVERTISEMENT

Golf degens - US Open

St. Louis Hawk

HR Legend
Gold Member
Feb 5, 2003
U.S. Open tomorrow.

The Country Club in Brookline. Not a lot of course history to draw from. Fitzpatrick won the US Am about 10 years ago.

Looks like typical US Open course - tight fairways, heavy rough, fast greens.

One thing sticks out is the very small putting greens. So I'm thinking combined driving and shots gained around the green are emphasized.

I went with a core:

Up top with X and Spieth. Fading Rory - ownership likely through the roof.
Burns, Z, Lowry, Finau
Lower down - Riley, Munoz, McCarthy

1 all grinder team headed up by Henley, Harman
1 LIV team because FOMO - Oosthuizen, Reed up top.

Who do you magnificent bastards have?
1 bet in the 10k for all the money - Scottie, Justin, John, Cameron, Collin, or Rory?

@hexumhawk @NoleinATL @seminoleed @fivecardstud14 @Greenway4Prez @WisestIowan @fredjr82 @Funky Bunch @jamesvanderwulf @JWolf74 @schraderj @Bank of Hawk @fivecardstud14 @ICWestfan @WorldSeriesChamps2015 @Hawkman98 @DFSNOLE @Brian_Fantana @mstp1992 @Kinnick 4 Prez @EpenesaEpenesa

I want to pick someone else other than Rory since everyone will probably have him.. but tough to go against that dude right now

Reactions: St. Louis Hawk
I want to pick someone else other than Rory since everyone will probably have him.. but tough to go against that dude right now

Well, everyone who doesn't is going with Im it looks like from ownership projections.

You are right, he looks to be the old Rory right now.

I know what you mean in practical reality dude, but... TCC@Brookline- not a lot of history to draw from?

Rory and JT are going to anchor most lineups

Fitzpatrick will get some play for Amateur win and he is playing pretty well
Bradley for a hometown feel and 2 top 25's last 4 so the form is better

Long shots for the outright win
Mito +6500
D Riley +7000
B Harman for value plays the US Open well ( +18000)
R Henley +12000

Spieth not feeling well

Scheffler seems to be a good choice, 11.3k is a high number
Zalatoris
Hossler
Hadwin
Lowry
Si Woo Kim

Fitzpatrick might be an option since he is better in events closer to par for the winning score. Mito and Riley are good options

Came here to say Mito and Riley for the longshots, but they've already been discussed. I haven't looked at DK or FD prices, but I like Cam Young from the middle tier.

I dont know much about this course so am going to have to stay out of the bets until Sat/Sun unless I like a couple outrights to win that are good odds.

Gonna be hard to get 6/6 on DK lineups.

Here’s where I went…
Team 1
Riley
Young
Zalatoris
Connors
Niemann
Pereira

Team 2
Mcilroy
Thomas
Rose
Im
Wise
Mansell

Team 3
Rahm
Morikawa
Horschel
Molinari
Migliozzi
Woodland

He's been awful in majors, but I have a feeling about Patrick Cantlay this week. Playing pretty well coming in, seems to play well on the old school type tracks, think this will be his best major

Reactions: DogBoyRy
The length
Subtle brag alert. I’ve got a helluva 24 hours of sports in Boston starting tonight. Fenway tonight, Champions Pavilion US Open tomorrow and Celtics game tomorrow night. The liver will be put to the test.

1. Cam Smith
2. Rory
Cam and Rory are my top 2 picks too, but they feel so obvious. I screwed myself not taking Scheffler for the Masters because he felt “too obvious”, so I clearly overthink these.

The small greens, which will be stupid firm and fast, require a high-ball hitter with better-than-average length. It’s a U.S. Open, so scrambling will be at a premium.

If I had to pick a foursome, I probably roll with:

Cam
Rory
Scheffler
JT

And that feels so chalky.

Like most sports betting, I'm terrible so not sure who to go with. I usually just see who you guys go with and then scatter some small wagers. Nothing of substance yet.

Based on overall play this year, Scheffler has to be a clear favorite.

Wild guess is Joaquin Niemann. Otherwise how about Hideki.

I like the 2 SCH guys, Schauffele & Scheffler. Not sure what their current odds are though and they may not be good value bets.

Gonna be hard to get 6/6 on DK lineups.

Here’s where I went…
Team 1
Riley
Young
Zalatoris
Connors
Niemann
Pereira

Team 2
Mcilroy
Thomas
Rose
Im
Wise
Mansell

Team 3
Rahm
Morikawa
Horschel
Molinari
Migliozzi
Woodland

No Viktor Hovland? Don't like Norwegians or something?

So pissed this isn't on ESPN+ tomorrow. On Peacock. Will have to wait until USA Network coverage starts.

Wow

FVPGuukWUAE15Ay

Rory!

Had a terrible lie in the lip of bunker about 30 yards from green. Takes a swing at waist-high ball and it goes 5 yards to bottom of next bunker. Rory slammed his club into sand twice in anger.

Makes 10 footer to save par. What an advocate he's been, hope he wins.

Reactions: Greenway4Prez
ADVERTISEMENT