ADVERTISEMENT

Golfer with $10 million in career earnings upset over Delta baggage fee

FTDmSogWUAMf6iF

And being that they are an airline, if they aren’t earning enough we will just give them a huge corporate welfare check.
Yup. Airlines, automakers, and financial institutions are playing with a loaded deck. You can tell by how risky/stupid their decisions tend to be.

Reactions: Moral
So did this guy get on a different flight later or not travel at all?

If the former, then Delta satisfied their obligation to transport his body and belongings from point A to point B. Regardless if he was delayed, they would have still met the Contract of Carriage. Then, if Delta wanted to make a concession and offer to refund the fees they could choose to do so. If it was the latter, then the guy has a point and could have simply called or gotten the refund through live chat on the website.

Twitter is not the way to handle things.

Reactions: Finance85
They probably charge a lot for a golf bag.
Actually they don't. That quietly changed in recent years. Most sporting goods are back to being classified simply as a checked bag.

One of my buddies I golf with is a Delta pilot and he didn't even know about the change. The airlines kind of kept it secret and aren't exactly encouraging you to take advantage of it.

Professional golfers usually have hot wives. I guess there's an exception to every rule.

So did this guy get on a different flight later or not travel at all?

If the former, then Delta satisfied their obligation to transport his body and belongings from point A to point B. Regardless if he was delayed, they would have still met the Contract of Carriage. Then, if Delta wanted to make a concession and offer to refund the fees they could choose to do so. If it was the latter, then the guy has a point and could have simply called or gotten the refund through live chat on the website.

Twitter is not the way to handle things.
4 years ago, “twitter” was the way this nation handled all its problems…..foreign and domestic. What has changed?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT