ADVERTISEMENT

Gomez from Wisconsin….

Spoons

HR All-American
Jan 17, 2002
Saw he defaulted out against Northwestern the other night does anybody know how bad the injury was? Sorry not an Iowa guy but could be one less guy for Max. Just curious is all.

Saw he defaulted out against Northwestern the other night does anybody know how bad the injury was? Sorry not an Iowa guy but could be one less guy for Max. Just curious is all.
The Wisconsin site describes the injury as a “lower body injury” nothing more specific than that.

It was a knee the way it looked to me. Just based on body language after the trainer came out, I think he felt he may be done. Reminded me a lot of Jayden last year. This is totally just speculation on my part though.

Reactions: el dub and Grip220
Gomez seemed pretty upset. Seemed pretty significant of an injury by his indications of pain and disappointment as he walked off the mat. Don’t want to see anyone’s season end like that if it did. Perhaps it was just his initial reaction and he will be back this year. Kinda late in the season but still time for him if it’s not too bad.

He was in considerable pain. Tried to go and fell down in agonizing pain. Ehen the trainer did the lachmans test it looked lose. Who knows.

Pretty sure he has 1 more year left:

18 - rs
19 - fresh
20 - injury(medical rs)
21 - free year, but did not wrestle
22 - soph
23 - jr
24 - sr
So you are saying there is a chance..... That he enters the portal and becomes our new 149 next year!?!?!?

Pretty sure he has 1 more year left:

18 - rs
19 - fresh
20 - injury(medical rs)
21 - free year, but did not wrestle
22 - soph
23 - jr
24 - sr
Seriously? How is it possible he could have another year? Dude fixing to blow right by Grandpa Mike

• Haha
Reactions: IRONBIRD
I believe an Oregon TE is getting ready to enjoy his 9th year in Eugene this fall.
Oh I know...and it's bullshot. Enough is enough. Mike was a ridiculous but eight or nine years of college? No

I believe an Oregon TE is getting ready to enjoy his 9th year in Eugene this fall.

I think he is going on his 8th (and has entered the transfer portal now, going to Miami maybe?) but because he's missed four seasons of injury and has the Covid year, he is eligible for a 9th if he wants it in 2024. IIRC he redshirted, has played two full seasons, played the beginning of two others seasons where he got hurt in first couple games, and missed two seasons completely from preseason/spring injuries. So he's still played less than 30 games.

In wrestling if you happened to enroll in the right year and were good enough, you could redshirt and take two Olympic redshirts, plus wrestle four healthy years to a seven year career even without injuries or a free Covid season.

Reactions: IRONBIRD
Still too many

Great Job Yes GIF by Hollywood Suite

Feel bad for the kid. It isn't like he has asked to be hurt. He wrestles tough and isn't afraid to let it fly. I for one never want to see kids hurt competing. Grandpa Mike finished as a shell of what he could have been. I feel like he never reached his true potential because of injuries. Alex Marinelli also was oft injured and to see him hurt and trying to gut them out. There are obviously others from other teams. Meki Lewis recently was running on fumes at the end of nationals. Hopefully he can compete and be effective.

Reactions: sdvike
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT