ADVERTISEMENT

Good Airport Dining

Dr. Phil Seuss

HB All-State
Jan 2, 2024
Is there a bigger abortion in the service industry than airport dining?

It’s one thing to pay for bad food, but to pay a super premium and get the double shaft paired with terrible service and bad attitudes is enough to enrage the calmest of men.

I just ate at a Wolfgang puck Italian market at DFW and it was good food with great service. Off top of my head, I’ve had only a few better airport meals, most notably @ Sushi Kyotatsu at Tokyo Narita. 12 years later it is still the best sushi I ever had.

Any other gems out there?

Reactions: St. Louis Hawk

It’s one thing to pay for bad food, but to pay a super premium and get the double shaft paired with terrible service and bad attitudes is enough to enrage the calmest of men.

I just ate at a Wolfgang puck Italian market at DFW and it was good food with great service. Off top of my head, I’ve had only a few better airport meals, most notably @ Sushi Kyotatsu at Tokyo Narita. 12 years later it is still the best sushi I ever had.

This place is awesome:

Ike’s and LoLo at MSP have been solid.

Used to love Sora sushi in Detroit airport but it’s really gone down hill the last two times I hit it.

I had some tortilla soup in the Cancun airport that was both good and reasonably priced. The olives at O'Hare were good, but I had to get through a double bombay get to them.

Reactions: St. Louis Hawk
I don't understand why people get to the airport 2 hours early to eat at a crappy overpriced restaurant.
Got her with 45 to spare.

Connections. Delays. Carrying food onto plane. Tons of reasons to eat in airports. I used to do it 3-4x a week when I was doing road warrior work. Was so awful.

Pappasitos Cantina (Terminal A) was a short ride on the skylink away. You’re right though. I’ve got every decent place in major airports all over scouted out. @torbee is right in ORD, Forntera is the best option.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT