ADVERTISEMENT

Good article on Iowa target Andre Jackson

Promising article. Thanks for posting. He would be an especially good addition if JoeW leaves early. Tape primarily shows off his athleticism, so I would want to hear about his ability to handle the ball, his toughness (pretty skinny), and his motor.

Reactions: NevadaHawk
His recruitment reminds me of Tyler Cook. Super athletic top 100 guy with good offers, where Fran has developed a good relationship. Seems like Cook was really attracted to Fran's loyalty, the availability of playing time and the family atmosphere at Iowa. I get the same vibe from Jackson. Hoping I'm right.

With all the work that has gone into landing Andre and with Fran's apparently strong reputation in New York, I believe we have a better than even shot of earning Andre's commit. The only thing that concerned me was his indication that his recruiting is still open and he wants find who else might be interested in him.

With all the work that has gone into landing Andre and with Fran's apparently strong reputation in New York, I believe we have a better than even shot of earning Andre's commit. The only thing that concerned me was his indication that his recruiting is still open and he wants find who else might be interested in him.
I feel like recruits just say this because they want to see what kind of offers they can get. Same thing with Xavier Foster. If Duke/Kentucky/UNC etc come calling, I’d be worried. Otherwise, it’ll probably be the current final four plus maybe Louisville.

Reactions: NevadaHawk
His recruitment reminds me of Tyler Cook. Super athletic top 100 guy with good offers, where Fran has developed a good relationship. Seems like Cook was really attracted to Fran's loyalty, the availability of playing time and the family atmosphere at Iowa. I get the same vibe from Jackson. Hoping I'm right.

I hope you're too.

Andre's game is perfect in an Iowa system. His ability to slash and finish at the rim would be perfect in Iowa's up tempo game.
Still think it will be hard to lure him away from UConn or Syracuse.

it sure would be nice to land prospect #1 so that it gets things moving (hopefully) on prospects #2, #3, and #4
I feel like Foster’s decision will start the ball rolling on 2020 commitments, be it yes or no. But think that a 5* is sure to attract more highly-rated talent. Also, his skill set fits so into Fran’s system in so many ways.
1) A shot-blocker at the back end of his press. (Olaseni and Basabi)
2) A long shooter/driver (Uthoff, White)
3) Family guy and life-long Hawk fan
4) Fills the need for rebounder to go with other 4-5 talent
5) Etc
Xavier, come fill some ready-made roles, help your childhood team to the next level, and ride off into the NBA sunset

ADVERTISEMENT