ADVERTISEMENT

Good Bob Sanders quote

KFsdisciple

HR Legend
Jul 3, 2003
Does Trevon Walker compare favorably to other physical freaks at the position like a Julius Peppers or JJ Watt? Is he freaky big? Hard to tell from here.

I only have been around Watt and Peppers from a distance, so I can't speak to how impressive they were physically at similar times in their careers. I can tell you Walker at 6-feet-5, 275 pounds compares favorably to any NFL player I've seen up close. His size, length and frame stand out in a way that players such as Tony Boselli, Bob Sanders and Calais Campbell stood out. When you saw those players, there immediately was something freakish in size, physique, etc., that you knew they had something special. In the case of Boselli and Campbell, it was size that made you think they were put on this earth to play their positions. Sanders' physique made you think he was in pads at non-padded practices. Walker stands out physically in a similar way. That doesn't guarantee NFL success. But it absolutely gives him a hell of a chance.

from jaguars.com

I had a friend that was a walk-on safety (2003-2006 I think). He was watching film and Bob did something weird and he asked a coach if it was a mistake.

“Bob Sanders doesn’t make mistakes”

“????”

“You probably should ignore what Bob does. His instincts and recovery speed are so incredible we let him pretty much do whatever he wants”

Bob’s speed was incredible. His 40 time at the combine is up there with the fastest ever and he was 1 giant mass of muscle coming at you. If he could’ve stayed healthy he could’ve been the best safety in the history of the league.
True, but its most likely that mass on his 5'8" frame that led to his many injuries. He was so ripped for a guy with his frame, and the burst he had, I just don't think his joints and tendons could hold up....

ADVERTISEMENT