ADVERTISEMENT

Good F.B. post on Coach Ferentz by former player

iowahaha1

All-Conference
Apr 15, 2015
Mike Ferroni
June 30 at 9:26 PM ·
axobuTi734a.png

I wanted to share some facts about a man who some of you may have seen on some news media recently.
This is one of the best human beings I know. Think about that for a second. He recruited me from New Jersey to play football for him at the University of Iowa and left our program 2 years later to become a Head Coach at Maine. In those two years he was my Coach he was disciplined but he was fair and he cared about me as a person and a player.
There were several times during my freshman and red-shirt freshman year that I made some poor choices and Coach Ferentz made me run the stadium stairs ( late for team meeting and parking in the coaches lot among some of them). I ran those stairs after practice and although I hated running them at the time, I realize now they served a greater purpose in my life. Team rules are team rules and Decisions have consequences.
Coach left as I said after my redshirt freshman year but he never lost touch with my family or me. I spoke to him numerous times and he always picked up the phone and always gave me great advice and support.
Coach Ferentz is one of the best people I know. I only hope my son has enough talent to get the opportunity to play for that man. This is my experience with Coach Ferentz but I know it’s been the same for the guys I have spoke to also.
The media has a job, to get clicks and stir up controversy, the Media has never helped build a player or person, their only job is to destroy, tear down and create controversy.
Bob Brooks, God rest his soul was different and there are some others I’m sure, but it’s easier to be a pot stirrer these days and it probably sells more subscriptions then talking about the facts or a career that’s spanned 40 plus years and changed thousands of lives for the better.
We are living in crazy times, times where people are convicted by a single tweet or post from disgruntled people or players. No trial or facts presented in court, just an opinion or perception and every single thing you have done during an impeccable 40 year career can be erased by a tweet. Think about that....
I have known this man and his family for more then 30 years. I am and will forever be proud to call him my Coach and my friend. I am the person I am today in part because of the two years I spent with him. There are many others like me. I will always be proud to be a Hawkeye and I will always support the best people I know and this man is one of them.
Go Hawks!

Mike Ferroni
axobuTi734a.png

I wanted to share some facts about a man who some of you may have seen on some news media recently.
This is one of the best human beings I know. Think about that for a second. He recruited me from New Jersey to play football for him at the University of Iowa and left our program 2 years later to become a Head Coach at Maine. In those two years he was my Coach he was disciplined but he was fair and he cared about me as a person and a player.
There were several times during my freshman and red-shirt freshman year that I made some poor choices and Coach Ferentz made me run the stadium stairs ( late for team meeting and parking in the coaches lot among some of them). I ran those stairs after practice and although I hated running them at the time, I realize now they served a greater purpose in my life. Team rules are team rules and Decisions have consequences.
Coach left as I said after my redshirt freshman year but he never lost touch with my family or me. I spoke to him numerous times and he always picked up the phone and always gave me great advice and support.
Coach Ferentz is one of the best people I know. I only hope my son has enough talent to get the opportunity to play for that man. This is my experience with Coach Ferentz but I know it’s been the same for the guys I have spoke to also.
The media has a job, to get clicks and stir up controversy, the Media has never helped build a player or person, their only job is to destroy, tear down and create controversy.
Bob Brooks, God rest his soul was different and there are some others I’m sure, but it’s easier to be a pot stirrer these days and it probably sells more subscriptions then talking about the facts or a career that’s spanned 40 plus years and changed thousands of lives for the better.
We are living in crazy times, times where people are convicted by a single tweet or post from disgruntled people or players. No trial or facts presented in court, just an opinion or perception and every single thing you have done during an impeccable 40 year career can be erased by a tweet. Think about that....
I have known this man and his family for more then 30 years. I am and will forever be proud to call him my Coach and my friend. I am the person I am today in part because of the two years I spent with him. There are many others like me. I will always be proud to be a Hawkeye and I will always support the best people I know and this man is one of them.
Go Hawks!
Thanks Mike ! I remember when you were recruited and you were a big coup for the Hawks at the time. As a graduate of Iowa and former OL coach, your kind remarks were a breath of fresh air when all of us really needed it. You just made our Fourth of July a lot better for my family and me. Kudos Mike ! :D

Mike Ferroni
axobuTi734a.png

Go Hawks!
That's terrific!

I am glad he shared his story. I have been waiting for other players to come forward with stories and words of support for Kirk. Me, personally, I don't believe a word that DJK and Wadley say about Kirk. Was he tough on them? Sure, I have no doubt, but I have serious doubts that Kirk would act or say the kind of things that AW or DJK were saying about the man.

Mike Ferroni
axobuTi734a.png

Go Hawks!

Wow. Awesome post

I’m particularly pleased to note that this isnt an endorsement from someone who sailed through with no blemishes, and the manner in which Mike is still able to contextualize the punishment he endured.

Reactions: WestIAHawk
Mike Ferroni
axobuTi734a.png

Go Hawks!
Clearly not a millennial pansy ;)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT