ADVERTISEMENT

Good luck to you all

Dec 2, 2006
I’m a somewhat new Iowa resident and a frequent lurker over here. The NCAA tournament requires good matchups and some (a lot) of luck to make a run. Wishing you all the best of both.

Your team has been awesome to watch the last few weeks. I went to the Michigan game at Carver and your team has responded incredibly well after that loss. Here’s to seeing you all in New Orleans in three weeks!

I thought Iowa was NIT bound after that home Michigan loss...glad to be wrong and welcome aboard...
I can't count the number of over the top "NIT Bound", "program is a joke", "team lacks the talent", "Fran is a bum that should be fired" types of posts that occurred on here after every loss this year. It's really quite remarkable. Where is Roy Fuchs? He must be very unhappy right now having to wait so long for the next loss to jump back on here to tell everyone how right he was.

I’m a somewhat new Iowa resident and a frequent lurker over here. The NCAA tournament requires good matchups and some (a lot) of luck to make a run. Wishing you all the best of both.

Your team has been awesome to watch the last few weeks. I went to the Michigan game at Carver and your team has responded incredibly well after that loss. Here’s to seeing you all in New Orleans in three weeks!
Thanks and Boiler Up in the tourney!

Reactions: GABoilermakers
I can't count the number of over the top "NIT Bound", "program is a joke", "team lacks the talent", "Fran is a bum that should be fired" types of posts that occurred on here after every loss this year. It's really quite remarkable. Where is Roy Fuchs? He must be very unhappy right now having to wait so long for the next loss to jump back on here to tell everyone how right he was.
This. Laughable...

My son is a W.L. Boiler right now and the rest of us are Hawkeyes. Root for them whenever they aren't playing the Hawks. Good luck and Boiler Up!

I get that. But I think the team thought they were NIT bound also unless they turned it around. Fear of failure can be a great motivator.

Thanks,... but as a new Iowa resident the Hawkeyes can now also be your team OP...

Iowa has easily become my “third” team. I did my undergrad at Purdue and MBA at Northwestern so it’s hard (impossible) to move away from those two!

Last edited:
Reactions: Rifler

Sounds a lot like the Purdue board. 😂

Reactions: jonesy5960
Good luck to the Boilers. I still think Ivey should be a little more selfish and drive to the basket more. The Hawks had no answer for that and I feel few teams in the country can adequately defend such a talent on a consistent basis.

I'm not going to lie, *finally* beating Purdue in one of the money sports this year felt damn good. I think winning the BTT gave Iowa the validation it desperately needed after so many near-misses against the other top teams in the league.

Purdue is a terrific team and they have the goods to make a deep run. With the possible exception of Texas, they're the only team in their half of the bracket with any real chance of stopping Kentucky. I'm hoping the top of the B1G is severely undervalued because last year was definitely a disappointment for the conference. If we can get 3 or more teams to the Sweet 16 I think the B1G will have acquitted itself well (9 total bids, but none higher than a 3 seed).

Highly doubt that the team ever thought they were NIT bound.
Yeah maybe, but they were 7-7 in conference at the time with 0 quad 1 wins and entering arguably the toughest part of the conference schedule. It did not look good. They responded. They surprised me at least. They went 5-1 to finish.

In 1980 Boilermakers had a giant in Joe Barry Carroll and Iowa was a 5th place B1G team that barely got into NCAA, but Iowa had big juice for a run by Return of star Ronnie Lester. That 80 Iowa team had a lot of
depth, some hot shooting, and a star that stirred the drink and they went on a run. Both Iowa and Purdue
ended up making the Final-4 and I think that is last appearance for both teams.

I just picked Purdue into Final-4.....it's a sure way to likely lose a NCAA tourney prediction, but maybe
42 years or so is a charm and both Purdue and Iowa get into the final 4.

Of course, Purdue better cut down on their turnovers or they won't even make sweet16.

Purdue will be lucky to be playing next week.
Hope I'm wrong but their guards are very suspect right now.

I get that. But I think the team thought they were NIT bound also unless they turned it around. Fear of failure can be a great motivator.
I don't know that it was a fear of failure. I think they might have been frustrated, thinking they were better than 7-7 and lost some games they shouldn't have. The team always had the talent. The results weren't always reflective of that talent. They dug down and got better.

Reactions: red/green hawk
ADVERTISEMENT