ADVERTISEMENT

Good News! Hezbollah is no longer a terrorist group!

22*43*51

HB Legend
Nov 23, 2008
This just happens to take place during negotiations with Iran. Weird.

The US National Intelligence has removed Iran and the Lebanese resistance movement, Hezbollah, from its list of "terrorist threats."

US Director of National Intelligence James Clapper scrapped Iran and Hezbollah from the list in an annual report recently delivered to the US Senate, citing their efforts in fighting terrorists, including the ISIL Takfiri group.

The unclassified version of the report titled "Worldwide Threat Assessment of the US Intelligence Communities," which was released on February 26, 2015, noted Iran's efforts to battle extremists, including those of the ISIL terrorist group, who were perceived to constitute the greatest terrorist threat to American interests worldwide.

Highlighting Iran's regional role, the report pointed to the Islamic Republic's "intentions to dampen sectarianism, build responsive partners, and deescalate tensions with Saudi Arabia."

Iran has "overarching strategic goals of enhancing its security, prestige, and regional influence [that] have led it to pursue capabilities to meet its civilian goals," the report said.

The report also said that Hezbollah is countering ISIL Takfiri terrorists in Syria and Iraq.

The ISIL Takfiri terrorists have taken control of swathes of territory in Iraq and Syria since last year.

Iran has repeatedly stressed that it will not interfere militarily in Iraq and Syria, but the Islamic Republic continues to provide support to both countries against ISIL in the form of defense consultation and humanitarian aid.

Masterful Foreign Policy at work.

I feel sorry for Israel, they are getting "obama'ed"

just like Egypt and Libya, the world dictator is being a tyrant

So if Hezbollah is countering IS and is no real threat to the U.S., whats the problem? The fact that we've got the Muslims fighting their own battles should be a great thing IMO.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Originally posted by Sooner-Be-Dead:
So if Hezbollah is countering IS and is no real threat to the U.S., whats the problem? The fact that we've got the Muslims fighting their own battles should be a great thing IMO.

Hezbollah has established terror networks in at least 40 different countries.

Many of which are in the Western hemisphere.

Playing politics with them is a foolish idea.

Originally posted by 22*43*51:

Everything we do in the ME is foolish. Why not try this too?

Obama is not doing himself any favors domestically by doing this.

He's blinded by his desire for a deal.....any deal with Iran.

Originally posted by KennyPowers_96:

Everything we do in the ME is foolish. Why not try this too?

I guess one could admire the unwavering consistency.

Could this move be a backdoor way of relaxing sanctions on Iran?

Originally posted by 86Hawkeye:
Of course.

How can you make a peace/arms treaty with someone you have listed as a terrorist state and that you have imposed sanctions on.

They fight ISIS for crying out load. They are defenders of freedom, democracy, humanity and just damn fine world citizens.

Iran is set for a clean slate.

I assume Senator Cotton already has a letter penned to Hezbollah that informs them that, with just a stroke of a pen they will again become a terrorist organization.

Originally posted by 86Hawkeye:
Of course.

How can you make a peace/arms treaty with someone you have listed as a terrorist state and that you have imposed sanctions on.

They fight ISIS for crying out load. They are defenders of freedom, democracy, humanity and just damn fine world citizens.

Iran is set for a clean slate.
I agree with what you're saying, but I'm mostly referring to individual players in the Iranian regime, not a general relaxation of sanctions.

There must be individual players who will benefit financially from this particular move.

Originally posted by fredjr82:
I assume Senator Cotton already has a letter penned to Hezbollah that informs them that, with just a stroke of a pen they will again become a terrorist organization.
We can only hope and pray.

Originally posted by fredjr82:
We can only hope and pray.
You can do more than that. Here's his phone number: (202) 224-2353. Here's his contact page: http://www.cotton.senate.gov/content/contact-tom

He and the Iranian terrorist in the WH.......Obama's top Iranian advisor....... Valerie Jarrett.

valerie-jarrett-iranian.jpg

This post was edited on 3/18 11:39 AM by sijoint

Jarrett Denies Outing Clinton

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT