ADVERTISEMENT

Good showing against Seton Hall, but glaring weaknesses. I stand by 12+ loss prediction. Limited scoring options, no front-court depth.

curtisj57

All-Conference
Oct 21, 2008
Should have upgraded a few positions with the portal but didn’t. C- frontcourt, C+ backcourt. Duke will embarrass us by 30+. Next year’s recruiting class is pedestrian at best. The past 30+ years of futility will continue for the foreseeable future. I know, I know, the same bs I’ve heard for years, “You can’t recruit top 4* and 5* talent to the state of Iowa.” Sure, ask Iowa St that question.
We’re just a MAC program trying to imitate a Power 5 program.

All my love,
Roy (F,U)

Should have upgraded a few positions with the portal but didn’t. C- frontcourt, C+ backcourt. Duke will embarrass us by 30+. Next year’s recruiting class is pedestrian at best. The past 30+ years of futility will continue for the foreseeable future. I know, I know, the same bs I’ve heard for years, “You can’t recruit top 4* and 5* talent to the state of Iowa.” Sure, ask Iowa St that question.

All my love,
Roy (F,U)
what-why.gif

All my love,
Roy (F,U)
Boring.

You're going to need to try harder to troll, this is a snoozer.

Bad timing too, wait until after a loss.

All my love,
Roy (F,U)
Your trolling is really hitting bottom. Try to up your game , or just stop.

All my love,
Roy (F,U)
Yes, being an ISU fan sucks….but it’s your life.

All my love,
Roy (F,U)

You shouldn't use terms like "us" and "we're",.. makes it sound like you have friends.

All my love,
Roy (F,U)
Relax, Roy.

All my love,
Roy (F,U)
Do you even follow basketball?

No reason not to be optimistic right now. Destroyed bad teams but that's what you're supposed to do. Beating Seton Hall would be a good thing, they are supposed to be pretty strong this year.

Reactions: Kurt Warner
Well, OP might be right, but they've looked pretty good so far. I feel like they have a pretty good shot to make the tourney. They have dominated the game tonight and Seton Hall was never really a serious threat to win this game. Then again, Seton Hall could just be terrible.

Especially like the big man deficiency comment, coming as it did on a night where Iowa's center had a double double and 4 blocks. The guy had to practice to be that dumb.

Reactions: Bishop1971
Well, OP might be right, but they've looked pretty good so far. I feel like they have a pretty good shot to make the tourney. They have dominated the game tonight and Seton Hall was never really a serious threat to win this game. Then again, Seton Hall could just be terrible.
Seton Hall is the kind of team that has given us trouble in the past, especially on the road. Physical, tough minded team. We looked scared for the first 4-5 minutes and took their best punch and then dominated them the rest of the game. We’re going to contend for the title. We won’t win it (never do) but we are going to be in contention. We’ve got a 1st team all American and Perkins looks to be a legit all conference type player. Rebraca has bulked up. This is a good team.

All my love,
Roy (F,U)

Yes. Clearly any optimism about this team is very misplaced.

wedding-crashers-will-ferrell.gif

All my love,
Roy (F,U)
U R A Effing moron.

All my love,
Roy (F,U)
**** Roy. Had to shut his dumbass down.

All my love,
Roy (F,U)
L O L

Looking at the ESPN match-up predictor, not that it's the end all be all, but Iowa should be favored in all Non Conference games but Duke, which they currently have as a 50/50 game.

So I ask the OP, where are the 12 losses on the schedule?

Reactions: Ree4 and HawkBall23
Your trolling is really hitting bottom. Try to up your game , or just stop.
Is that the Iowa State that is 7-29 in Big 12 play the last two seasons? They must be loaded with 4* recruits.
They did back into the tourney. Played an LSU team in a tailspin and without a coach and a Wisconsin team that had just lost a home game to fricking Nebraska.

All my love,
Roy (F,U)
C’mon, Roy. You really changed your subject line to that?

I’ll grant you front court depth is a concern, but you actually believe this team has limited scoring options? Are you smokin’ rocks?

All my love,
Roy (F,U)
giphy.gif

All my love,
Roy (F,U)
And remind me again how many Final4s and Nat.Champs Iowa St has been to & won by pulling in all this talent in recruiting and through the portal?

Is that the Iowa State that is 7-29 in Big 12 play the last two seasons? They must be loaded with 4* recruits.
They did back into the tourney. Played an LSU team in a tailspin and without a coach and a Wisconsin team that had just lost a home game to fricking Nebraska.

I prefer to think of it as the ISU team that beat the Big 10 champion in a de facto home game on their way to a Sweet 16 under a first year coach with a cobbled together roster. ;)
And remind me again how many Final4s and Nat.Champs Iowa St has been to & won by pulling in all this talent in recruiting and through the portal?

Is making final fours and winning national championships the only way to measure success?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT