ADVERTISEMENT

Good wrestling content from the Bad Guy

Pakman770

Team MVP
May 30, 2018
Wiesbaden, GE
The Bad Guy on YouTube If my link below doesn’t work. Will Gable Steveson wrestle 2024?

Also:
Suriano wanted to challenge Spence at 125, not sure personally on this.
Seedings at 133
He talks about David Carr wrestled back to third at NCAAs and how this can be a challenge mentally…

sorry not savvy on this.

Content is decent, but his voice and delivery are beyond annoying! Reminds me of Rush Limbaugh. I simply can't listen to this guy.
I don't always agree with him, but I like to hear what Chael Sonnen likes to say.

I don't always agree with him, but I like to hear what Chael Sonnen likes to say.
I have no idea who this Sonnen guy is (apparently a UFC guy?), but he's rather bizarre in the videos above (at least a strange sense of humor).

Content is decent, but his voice and delivery are beyond annoying! Reminds me of Rush Limbaugh. I simply can't listen to this guy.
He made some good points, but not a fan. The whole Nicky push-ups wanted to wrestle the biggest challenge, but he sat out drives me nuts. He was incapacitated. Anything less and he wrestles last year. Does anyone actually think Spencer didn't want to go last year if there was any way possible?! If so, I don't know what to tell you.

I don’t know much, but I know this first hand that Suriano wanted to go 125 this year to be the one to keep Spencer from 4 titles

I remember what happened when Suriano wanted to be the one to keep Spencer from his first title... lol.
Never said it was a good idea. Just that it is what he wanted to do.

It was going to be tied into a NIL documentary deal by a wrestling media company about Suriano and his vision quest

Never said it was a good idea. Just that it is what he wanted to do.

It was going to be tied into a NIL documentary deal by a wrestling media company about Suriano and his vision quest

Yeah I'm sure it would've been a pretty magical production.

JFC

Reactions: el dub
Chael gets some things wrong but I like him. He has a massive youtube following and remembers where he came from

Reactions: artradley
It was part of the deal Suriano and his dad were shopping around to make a buck.
I think it would have been a good watch, especially when he lost again. Twice.
Yeah, it was an especially savvy choice for him as he's making a Vision Quest documentary about beating Spencer Lee to ultimately choose to transfer to a program that didn't have Iowa on its dual schedule.

Reactions: el dub and chuck285
Yeah, it was an especially savvy choice for him as he's making a Vision Quest documentary about beating Spencer Lee to ultimately choose to transfer to a program that didn't have Iowa on its dual schedule.
Big tens and nationals. Loses twice.

I guess I’m not following what your issue is. Are you upset Suriano went to 125 to beat Spencer, or do you think I’m just making this all up?

i don't think the problem is with you tiger, problem is trying to make money by beating someone trying to wrestle with no knees. before when spencer was healthier suriano could not make weight.

Reactions: natchrlman
i don't think the problem is with you tiger, problem is trying to make money by beating someone trying to wrestle with no knees. before when spencer was healthier suriano could not make weight.
Maybe Nicky just backed off on his pushups, and all of a sudden that dream of going 125 again just magically reappeared without that extra bulk. LOL!

Reactions: Stephen Hawk King

I guess I’m not following what your issue is. Are you upset Suriano went to 125 to beat Spencer, or do you think I’m just making this all up?

The beating Lee thing was a widely accepted fact last fall. Why are people douching out over it now? The doc would likely have been great, even if he lost.

My issue is guys like Suriano and Glory beating their chest expecting the world to tremble, and to actually try making a Hollywood production out of having Spencer Lee in their sights, when they've already gotten on the mat with him and gotten rolled.

Love me some 'Vision Quest' but if memory serves Louden Swain had never lost to or wrestled Shute before their match.

As stated above, if Suriano really wanted another shot at Spencer why'd he bump to 133 in 2019?

Gonzo, I love your question. It's also easy to see Spencer was not anywhere near his normal self at NCAA's when he beat Courtney. Easy to scheme and get brave at that time and say yeah, I'm going after Spencer--when it's obvious he's hurt. He bumped away from Spencer the year after getting beat in the finals and kudos to him, he won a national title. He's tough and always has been a good wrestler. The next time he cut back down to 125 he lost to Vito, also avoiding the opportunity to lose to Spencer again in the semi's of the US Open. Do your talking on the mat; not on social media or on a podcast.

The 2 most vocal people that run their mouths about wanting a shot at Spencer couldn’t even win when Spencer wasn’t in the field. Boom roasted for those 2. I’m sure Suriano did want a shot at Spencer. But he clearly didn’t want it bad enough. The news that Spencer was done came out before Suriano wrestled a match. He had a redshirt to burn. If he REALLY wanted the smoke he could’ve had a shot next year.

I think it goes both ways. Vito and Suriano seen an injured Lee and knew he was beatable so they went 125. Also Lee saw Vito and Suriano at 125 and knew he couldn’t beat them as injured as he was.

This post made me laugh. So every wrestler in the history of time that took a medical did so to avoid competition. Anthony Ashnault, played it well... He strategically took a medical redshirt to enhance his chances at a national title. Ran from the competition when according to genius poster Rick Sanchez, should have battled through any adversity to wrestle injured... Kaid Brock, Anthony Cassar, Boo Lewallen, Austin Gomez, that guy certainly backed down from everyone. All American Jacob Holschlag must have been comparing the field and decided a year removed would be better for his aspirations.... Didn't Jordan Burroughs take a medical in 2009 after tearing his PCL? What a wimpy dude! He should have battled through his "one" knee injury. He must have been running from the competition. Or was he just smart and said to himself, let's get healthy, He must have been ducking the field according to Rick... There are true idiots that post stuff on this board, but that post might set a high bar to never be surpassed for true idiocy.

This post made me laugh. So every wrestler in the history of time that took a medical did so to avoid competition. Anthony Ashnault, played it well... He strategically took a medical redshirt to enhance his chances at a national title. Ran from the competition when according to genius poster Rick Sanchez, should have battled through any adversity to wrestle injured... Kaid Brock, Anthony Cassar, Boo Lewallen, Austin Gomez, that guy certainly backed down from everyone. All American Jacob Holschlag must have been comparing the field and decided a year removed would be better for his aspirations.... Didn't Jordan Burroughs take a medical in 2009 after tearing his PCL? What a wimpy dude! He should have battled through his "one" knee injury. He must have been running from the competition. Or was he just smart and said to himself, let's get healthy, He must have been ducking the field according to Rick... There are true idiots that post stuff on this board, but that post might set a high bar to never be surpassed for true idiocy.
I was concerned with whether Spencer could beat Suriano or Vito in the state he was in last year, but I'm certain Spencer wasn't real worried about it. He has wrestled most all of his collegiate career with pretty significant injuries and it hasn't stopped him from facing the best come tournament time. Why would this year have been any different? Does Rick think Spencer thought I can beat Nicky pushups at 50%, but not at 40% so I will sit out?! I would lean towards no, but what do I know. I can tell you that the all time greats don't go into matches worried about losing, that is for sure.

I have no idea who this Sonnen guy is (apparently a UFC guy?), but he's rather bizarre in the videos above (at least a strange sense of humor).
undefeated, undisputed, never lost around. THE bad guy.

in all seriousness - was I believe a couple time all-american at U of Oregon. also had some success in Greco (believe he was an olympic alternate). had a long MMA career that spanned across several organizations and was most well known for his trash talk and crazy fights with anderson silva

I think it goes both ways. Vito and Suriano seen an injured Lee and knew he was beatable so they went 125. Also Lee saw Vito and Suriano at 125 and knew he couldn’t beat them as injured as he was.
Hitting it a little hard on a Monday morning, ain't ya?
Classic Rick

giphy.gif

My question is... Would Nicky pushups be able to do many pushups with one of his arms stitched to his side as he was being tilted or perhaps he trys a pushup with the other arm when his free arm is cranked behind his back in a tight waist and arm bar or as we call them ... a wing and a bar series... not to be confused with a dozen Hot wings at a bar...also acceptable when discussing Wrestling. Regardless of the situation If Suriano wanted Spencer he could have found his way to the mat last year or perhaps saw that Spencer was sitting out this season and then red shirted and prepared for a match next season. i see no validity to his " Wanting Spencer Lee " claim.

ADVERTISEMENT