ADVERTISEMENT

GOP appears to have pulled TV ads after Majewski’s military record challenged

cigaretteman

HR King
May 29, 2001
One day after the Associated Press reported that a Trump-backed candidate in a closely watched House race in Ohio misrepresented his military record, national Republicans appeared to have canceled nearly $1 million worth of ads in the district.
The National Republican Campaign Committee had booked about $960,000 in television ads to run from late September through election day in Ohio’s 9th District, according to the ad-tracking firm AdImpact. The district — redrawn this year to one that leans very Republican — is represented by Rep. Marcy Kaptur (D), the longest serving woman in Congress.
Ben Taber, a spokesman for the ad-tracking firm AdImpact, said on Thursday: “It can take some time for the stations to all report fully, but all indications now are that [the ad time] will all be canceled.”
A spokesman for the NRCC did not immediately respond to telephone and email messages seeking comment.
On Wednesday, the AP reported that Republican nominee J.R. Majewski’s claims that he had been deployed in Afghanistan were found to be untrue according to military records the AP obtained through a public information records request.
A spokeswoman for Majewski’s campaign did not respond to email messages Wednesday or Thursday. In its story, the AP quoted Majewski saying, “My accomplishments and record are under attack.”
Majewski, a first-time candidate who has embraced QAnon language and was at the U.S. Capitol during the Jan. 6, 2021, insurrection, rose to national prominence after painting giant Trump signs on his lawn. In May, he defeated two Republican state legislators to win the party’s nomination. And on Saturday, he spoke at Trump’s rally in Youngstown, Ohio, where he gave a speech that included a shout-out to veterans.

Does/did this guy have a chance of winning?
He is facing the longest serving female House member, Marcy Kaptur who is pretty moderate. The map in Ohio was heavily gerrymandered, and this district was sliced up to make it harder for Kaptur to hold on to the seat.
I am surprised by this move. I had no idea the NRCC has scruples. My guess is they plow money back in after laying low for a week or two, or push dark money into it.

He is facing the longest serving female House member, Marcy Kaptur who is pretty moderate. The map in Ohio was heavily gerrymandered, and this district was sliced up to make it harder for Kaptur to hold on to the seat.
I am surprised by this move. I had no idea the NRCC has scruples. My guess is they plow money back in after laying low for a week or two, or push dark money into it.
Rs have been bleeding money. Low fundraising combined with millions gone missing and unaccounted for may force them to cut this seat permanently this election.

Reactions: cigaretteman
One day after the Associated Press reported that a Trump-backed candidate in a closely watched House race in Ohio misrepresented his military record, national Republicans appeared to have canceled nearly $1 million worth of ads in the district.
The National Republican Campaign Committee had booked about $960,000 in television ads to run from late September through election day in Ohio’s 9th District, according to the ad-tracking firm AdImpact. The district — redrawn this year to one that leans very Republican — is represented by Rep. Marcy Kaptur (D), the longest serving woman in Congress.
Ben Taber, a spokesman for the ad-tracking firm AdImpact, said on Thursday: “It can take some time for the stations to all report fully, but all indications now are that [the ad time] will all be canceled.”
A spokesman for the NRCC did not immediately respond to telephone and email messages seeking comment.
On Wednesday, the AP reported that Republican nominee J.R. Majewski’s claims that he had been deployed in Afghanistan were found to be untrue according to military records the AP obtained through a public information records request.
A spokeswoman for Majewski’s campaign did not respond to email messages Wednesday or Thursday. In its story, the AP quoted Majewski saying, “My accomplishments and record are under attack.”
Majewski, a first-time candidate who has embraced QAnon language and was at the U.S. Capitol during the Jan. 6, 2021, insurrection, rose to national prominence after painting giant Trump signs on his lawn. In May, he defeated two Republican state legislators to win the party’s nomination. And on Saturday, he spoke at Trump’s rally in Youngstown, Ohio, where he gave a speech that included a shout-out to veterans.

The NRCC got woke and cancelled Majewski?

He looks like someone you would see screaming on the sidelines of a pee wee football game.

https%3A%2F%2Fcdn.cnn.com%2Fcnnnext%2Fdam%2Fassets%2F220519160636-jr-majewski-file-restricted-092121.jpg

Last edited:

Yeah this is weird. . . they just suddenly now seem capable of shame and embarrassment?

Reactions: cigaretteman
😆

So documents Trump stole can vouch for him since they are "classified"?!?!?

Well that's excellent news! All he has to do now is ask his buddy Trump to think about declassifying them and then he can share them with the media and prove it!

If they are classified all he has to do is think about declassifying them. It's easy.

On a more serious note, it's shitbags like this that give actual veterans with combat service a bad name. He is no better than those that wear the uniform of servicemembers but haven't served. False valor.

He looks like one of the types of soldiers that likes to bitch and moan about anything he is tasked to do but then takes credit for other's accomplishments....perfect for politics.

ADVERTISEMENT