ADVERTISEMENT

GOP Homocon Congressman-Elect is an Anna Delvey Level Fraud...

NoleATL

HR Legend
Gold Member
Jul 11, 2007
Almost seems like fraud/grifter is synonymous with the GQP these days.

The New York Times reports:

A New York Times review of public documents and court filings from the United States and Brazil, as well as various attempts to verify claims that Mr. Santos, 34, made on the campaign trail, calls into question key parts of the résumé that he sold to voters.
Citigroup and Goldman Sachs, the marquee Wall Street firms on Mr. Santos’s campaign biography, told The Times they had no record of his ever working there. Officials at Baruch College, which Mr. Santos has said he graduated from in 2010, could find no record of anyone matching his name and date of birth graduating that year.
There was also little evidence that his animal rescue group, Friends of Pets United, was, as Mr. Santos claimed, a tax-exempt organization: The IRS could locate no record of a registered charity with that name.
Read the full article. There’s SO much more.

Santos’s claim of a family fortune in real estate is also apparently fictitious. Oh, and there appears to be a criminal charge for check fraud in Brazil and two evictions from apartments in Queens.

Perhaps worst of all, Santos has alleged falsely claimed that four employees of a company he worked for were killed in the Pulse massacre.

Don’t know. But not getting this out before is political malpractice.
I agree with NDallas... I don't see Cons caring as long as their guy wins. Just look at Walker in Georgia... historically he checked none of the conservative boxes except that he had an R behind his name, but despite the abortions, cheating, not knowing anything, history with arrests, etc... they didn't care because he was on their team.

I agree with NDallas... I don't see Cons caring as long as their guy wins. Just look at Walker in Georgia... historically he checked none of the conservative boxes except that he had an R behind his name, but despite the abortions, cheating, not knowing anything, history with arrests, etc... they didn't care because he was on their team.
Walker lost and he probably would have won if all the abortion etc stuff hadn't come out.

Reactions: NoleATL
Don’t know. But not getting this out before is political malpractice.
You would think it would be common practice to run background checks and verify resumes of those running in the other party. Perhaps they don't because many of them have themselves lied on their qualifications.

Thank you. It feels like it has a negative connotation.

Homocon=uncle Tom? Something like that?
Well it certainly doesn't sound positive. Historically conservative movements haven't been welcoming of homosexuality.

Hmmm, so all of the high powered, big time companies he says he worked for have no record of that, and it's now being reported that he loaned his own campaign $700,000. Where did that money come from?
Ponzi scheme and the Russki's.

This seems like an under appreciated story. It truly is bizarre, and it feels as if there is going to be a lot more coming out of this.

Reactions: lucas80
This isn’t even the first time he ran. Santos ran unsuccessfully for the same seat in 2020. All these entities - the RNC, the DNC, and the media - had two years to figure out this guy was a fraud and they finally cracked the case six weeks too late.
It isn't too late. There has to be a mechanism for recall, or, a functioning party would clean house. Kevin McCarthy needs him, and he's already made a bunch of deals with a bunch of devils. I assume the state party could act, too.

Reactions: BelemNole
Dropped the ball, and so did the media. But, the GOP stepped in it with this one. Did they bother to check him out?

I used to be in politics, running campaigns and shit. On the GOP side.

I will never forget one year...we were getting our ass kicked in most races. Bad night. I was at the state party that night. One race did make the masses at GOP headquarters happy. As Harlon Boyles lead increased over Ann Duncan, those in attendance could not suppress their cheers, applaud, and over all happiness.

Ann didn't seem all that happy, as she was there as the Republican nominee.

Point is, not everyone in the party is happy with a nominee.....and sometimes you get all the insiders and party workers rooting for your opponent right in your face.

As if it could t be worse, he also claimed to be of Jewish and Ukrainian descent, and that his grandparents fled from the Nazis. He just kept one upping himself and nobody caught on.

Reactions: BelemNole
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT