ADVERTISEMENT

GOP House candidate did not deploy to Afghanistan as he claimed, AP reports

Joni Ernst has stumbled on this too. She should just say I spent a long time in the reserves, and at one point I was deployed to Afghanistan. Instead she got called out for saying she was deployed to a combat zone. The implication she was a combat veteran. What she did do was fairly dangerous, just going to Afghanistan is dangerous. But, she thouight it sold better if people thought she'd squeezed the trigger a few times.

Reactions: cigaretteman
Joni Ernst has stumbled on this too. She should just say I spent a long time in the reserves, and at one point I was deployed to Afghanistan. Instead she got called out for saying she was deployed to a combat zone. The implication she was a combat veteran. What she did do was fairly dangerous, just going to Afghanistan is dangerous. But, she thouight it sold better if people thought she'd squeezed the trigger a few times.
Oh she squeezed plenty of triggers.

It's hard to say with redistricting but Ohio's 9th congressional district has been represented by the same woman a Democrat since 1983.
538 has it 70 to 30 advantage for the Dem. You'd think this bit of news wouldn't help those numbers.

h83ltjp5pvk71.jpg

As for the OP...

A - Having military experience should not have any affect on someone getting elected. It literally has nothing to do with running for pu lic office

B - If you served, great. If you deployed, great. If you didn't deploy, no one should care.

C - Don't lie about what you've done in your life.

This is a great example of why holding up troops' service as more than it should be is stupid. He didn't see combat. The proper response should be "yeah, so?". But, he felt the need to lie because people look down on troops who didn't see combat. And yes, there are troops who do the same.
THIS x 1 million.

If you served your country, great. Thank you. That does not qualify you for anything other than veteran's benefits.

Some of the vets I've known are people I'd 100% vote for, straight up amazing human beings. Others I wouldn't hire to dig a ditch for me. I get tired of the jingoism that's come about in the GOP that if someone wears a uniform they're supposed to be universally worshipped, be it military or police.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT