ADVERTISEMENT

GOP Lawmakers asking for pardons?

AuroraHawk

HR Heisman
Dec 18, 2004
Being reported right now by Kaitlin Collins (Google her if you want pics) that DT Barnum has been "talked out" of issuing pardons to his children or to GOP lawmakers. Also reporting that a number of GOP lawmakers sought pardons from DT Barnum for their potential role in what transpired at the U.S. Capitol on 1/6/21.

DT Barnum previously said (or Tweeted) something to the effect that "only guilty people invoke their 5th Amendment" rights.

Is it fair to apply that same standard to those seeking to be pardoned? If innocent people have no reason to invoke their 5th Amendment rights, doesn't logic dictate that innocent people have no need/reason/basis to seek a Presidential pardon?

Last edited:
cphrtgjbxlf51.jpg

Being reported right now by Kaitlin Collins (Google her if you want pics) that DT Barnum has been "talked out" of issuing pardons to his children or to GOP lawmakers. Also reporting that a number of GOP lawmakers sought pardons from DT Barnum for their potential role in what transpired at the U.S. Capitol on 1/6/21.

DT Barnum previously said (or Tweeted) something to the effect that "only guilty people invoke their 5th Amendment" rights.

Is it fair to apply that same standard to those seeking to be pardoned? If innocent people have no reason to invoke their 5th Amendment rights, doesn't logic dictate that innocent people have no need/reason/basis to seek a Presidential pardon?

Well I know I havn't applied for any pardons recently so I'm going to go with that being the case.

I am waiting to see the list of who Trump decides to pardon in his last days. I'm guessing there will be a lot of pre-emptive pardons there.

Well I know I havn't applied for any pardons recently so I'm going to go with that being the case.

I am waiting to see the list of who Trump decides to pardon in his last days. I'm guessing there will be a lot of pre-emptive pardons there.
A lot of folks who worked in immigration is my bet.

Trump will leave the GOPers high and dry, but no way he doesn't try pardoning himself or his family.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT