ADVERTISEMENT

GOP-led House seeks to declare pandemic over

cigaretteman

HR King
May 29, 2001
Glad they're attacking these terrible problems that are of vital interest to our country! Might as well vote to redefine pi as 3.0! Worthless idiots!:

The House is poised to vote Tuesday on a bill titled, “The ‘‘Pandemic Is Over Act.’’
The measure, which seeks to terminate the public health emergency declared by the nation’s health secretary, is among a handful of bills that the Republican-led chamber is considering this week with an eye toward moving beyond the coronavirus, even as health officials warn that a highly transmissible omicron subvariant could lead to another wave of hospitalizations this winter.
“It is long overdue for President Biden to end the COVID-19 public health emergency and relinquish the emergency powers that he just renewed again,” Rep. Brett Guthrie (R-Ky.) said in a statement this month upon introducing the legislation, which faces long odds in the Senate if it makes it that far.
The United States has renewed the covid-19 public health emergency every 90 days since the Trump administration first issued a declaration in January 2020. Among other things, the declaration protects public health insurance coverage for millions of people, provides hospitals with greater flexibility in handling patient surges and expands the use of telehealth.
Another bill teed up in the House this week would end a vaccine mandate for health-care workers in federal programs. It is titled the “Freedom for Health Care Workers Act.”
Yet another would require a study of the impacts of remote work by federal agencies. Its title signals what its supporters would like the study to find: the ‘‘Stopping Home Office Work’s Unproductive Problems Act of 2023’’ or, for short, the ‘‘Show Up Act of 2023.”

I'm just shocked that they haven't introduced legislation saying that the pandemic never happened, and if it did it came from Hunter's laptop after the Chi Comms transferred money for 10 Percent Joe.

Reactions: NoleATL
This is what politicians do. They put out garbage that they know will resonate with different groups of voters, and when it doesn't succeed they can go back to their supporters and say "I tried to pass this bill for you, but the [enter preference here: swamp, radical right, looney left, DC elite, etc] kept us down again..."

Reactions: mattymoknows
This is what politicians do. They put out garbage that they know will resonate with different groups of voters, and when it doesn't succeed they can go back to their supporters and say "I tried to pass this bill for you, but the [enter preference here: swamp, radical right, looney left, DC elite, etc] kept us down again..."
Except Democrats actually attempt to pass things that help the majority of Americans...which get blocked consistently and you can look at the votes, where Republicans try to pass nothing that helps anybody but a few who don't need said help. They can't answer, and Biden asked them, "What are you for?" I know what they bitch about, yet never try to solve it because as others have pointed out for over a decade on here, Republicans don't want to govern.

Except Democrats actually attempt to pass things that help the majority of Americans...which get blocked consistently and you can look at the votes, where Republicans try to pass nothing that helps anybody but a few who don't need said help. They can't answer, and Biden asked them, "What are you for?" I know what they bitch about, yet never try to solve it because as others have pointed out for over a decade on here, Republicans don't want to govern.
Ya, that inflation reduction act really helped reduce inflation, oh and the dems handling of the border, really spot on. :D

Reactions: ICHerky
The “Show Up Act of 2023” - would the goal there be to stick the government into my relationship with my employer, thereby forcing me to go to an office my employer doesn’t want to own/rent/fill/maintain?

The denial is strong with the GOP. Just saying it is over will somehow make it over. Reminds me of the time Michael Scott declared bankruptcy.

Reactions: Tom Paris
Ya, that inflation reduction act really helped reduce inflation, oh and the dems handling of the border, really spot on. :D
What's the Republican plan? Besides bitching. Like I said. How have Republicans EVER secured the border? They haven't. You sound exactly like them...bitching with no attempt at solving a problem. Sad you can't see that.

Reactions: BioHawk
The denial is strong with the GOP. Just saying it is over will somehow make it over. Reminds me of the time Michael Scott declared bankruptcy.

What is your definition of an end to the pandemic, zero covid cases? The pandemic IS over, we just now have to live with covid for the foreseeable future or maybe forever. There is no need for any other pandemic rules.

Except Democrats actually attempt to pass things that help the majority of Americans
This is true

40M Americans can now get access to health insurance via "ObamaCare"
Inflation Reduction Act is creating the foundation for a green energy revolution

Dems certainly have some crazies, too; but they do not "run the party", and they have more principled people to actually give a shit about America & Americans

When the very first thing a party does is eliminate ethics oversight, you can tell exactly what their priorities are: Grifting

What's the Republican plan? Besides bitching. Like I said. How have Republicans EVER secured the border? They haven't. You sound exactly like them...bitching with no attempt at solving a problem. Sad you can't see that.
The attached article was not written by a right wing news source and as you can see Biden has been derelick in his duty. Immigration on the southern border has never been zero, but we have never had a president encourage illegal immigration the way Biden has. To try and blame Republicans is ridiculous even for you. Trump starts building a wall, Biden immediately cancels it and even refuses to install wall sections laying on the ground and already paid for. Arizona installs shipping containers to try and ebb the flow and Biden sues the state. These are just two examples.

If you aren't going to try and understand what you are talking about, maybe just keeping your mouth shut would be your best option.

https://news.yahoo.com/illegal-immigration-soars-under-biden-200400500.html

Reactions: ChiPackHawk
It would seem that the inflation rate is going down. Or are you dumb enough to think that the rate needed to drop down to less than 3% immediately upon passage of the bill? Or you are probably just waiting to give credit to the Republicans in Congress right now who are in the process of not actually doing anything.

_127993702_optimised-us.inflation-nc.png

• Haha
Reactions: abby97
To the OP, the Biden Administration seems to be in agreement since they have decided to end Covid emergency measures on May 11 of this year. I don't have an issue with the GOP declaring an end to the pandemic if the can provide scientific explanations for it. It might be time to do that. Just don't confuse an end to the pandemic to the end of covid.

Reactions: srams21
The pandemic isn't over?
Can't you keep up? When the leftists want the pandemic to be over so they can allow anyone to enter the country from the southern border without delay, then the pandemic is over. When the leftists want to give rich white kids free money for their college loans or continue to keep fired doctors, nurses, and military personnel out of their jobs, then the pandemic is not over. It's clear as mud.

Reactions: EagleHawk
To the OP, the Biden Administration seems to be in agreement since they have decided to end Covid emergency measures on May 11 of this year.
This. They are ending it May 11th anyway. For the Rs to propose ending this earlier is just to score political points.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT