ADVERTISEMENT

GOP Rep Backs Raising Social Security Age: “People Come Up To Me, They Actually Want To Work Longer”

There needs to be a decent health insurance path available for those 55 and older who want to retire but need health insurance. Allow those people to buy into Medicare.
Yes! This would be a great idea.

It's also a big time benefit (although Rs won't admit it) of the ACA. You can get a fairly cheap plan as subsidies are based on your income and not assets.

Reactions: gohawks50
Lift the earnings cap, but don’t give the rich anymore because of it.

People with $10-$20 million on assets don’t need it. ( pick a number for means testing ).

A new small tax on imports.

Seriously, this problem isn’t that difficult.

Reactions: fsu1jreed
The ACA is the cheap healthcare plan for those that want to retire early.

Insurance is damn near free if you claim $60k or less of income. The key is have no debt and some decent savings. You can also draw from the 401k of your last employer early if you are over a certain age. I plan of using it in a few years.

I know a few people using it now. They work a little easy part time job on the side and between that, retirement savings, and ACA are loving semiretired living.

Last edited:
1. He's a lying sack of sheet. How do we know for sure? He's a GQP moving his mouth.
2. At what age are people forced to stop working and forced file for their social security benefits?
3. He just wants to raise the age so they don't have to raise the income ceiling at which time paying into it stops
4. Prolly a Pepsi but the search sucks

The American Independent reports:

Eff that. I took 7 months off last year and now I’m only more excited about retiring early. Let’s be real - this is GOP donor base wanting others to work longer.

Reactions: gohawks50
When he says "incentivize" he means make working class people poorer to require that they labor longer, right?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT