ADVERTISEMENT

GOP Sen. Ben Sasse expected to resign from Senate to lead University of Florida

gohawks50

HR Legend
Gold Member
Dec 28, 2010
Nebraska Sen. Ben Sasse is expected to resign his seat and take a job as president of the University of Florida, a person familiar with his decision-making told Yahoo News on Thursday afternoon.

The Republican senator has been given unanimous approval from the University of Florida selection committee seeking a new president and is expected to be vetted by a series of other university boards before the offer is formally extended to him in mid-November, the person said.

Sasse is expected to resign his seat in the Senate after the midterm elections to take the job, giving Nebraska’s governor the opportunity to fill the vacancy, the person said.

That's too bad. He's one of the few Republican senators to call out Trumps lies, although he's still a right wingnut who voted faithfully for every Republican proposal. I'm kind of surprised Florida is hiring him. If I recall correctly, he was just the president of some small Lutheran college in Nebraska before his senate run.

He’ll receive a nice pay bump.
Nebraska Sen. Ben Sasse is expected to resign his seat and take a job as president of the University of Florida, a person familiar with his decision-making told Yahoo News on Thursday afternoon.

The Republican senator has been given unanimous approval from the University of Florida selection committee seeking a new president and is expected to be vetted by a series of other university boards before the offer is formally extended to him in mid-November, the person said.

Sasse is expected to resign his seat in the Senate after the midterm elections to take the job, giving Nebraska’s governor the opportunity to fill the vacancy, the person said.

Dude is wicked smart.

That's too bad. He's one of the few Republican senators to call out Trumps lies, although he's still a right wingnut who voted faithfully for every Republican proposal. I'm kind of surprised Florida is hiring him. If I recall correctly, he was just the president of some small Lutheran college in Nebraska before his senate run.
This. I wanted to like him but he ended up being a coward and did "bend the knee to some dude".

This crossed my mind when I saw the news, after thinking about yet another politician raking it in while pretending to be a university president in Florida. DeFelon would absolutely do this to stick his thumb in King Orange's eye.

Reactions: lucas80
This crossed my mind when I saw the news, after thinking about yet another politician raking it in while pretending to be a university president in Florida. DeFelon would absolutely do this to stick his thumb in King Orange's eye.

I thought it was a move to get his supporters and possibly an endorsement in the 2024 election.

The fact that the entire process is now secret doesn’t make me believe this was in the best interest of the University.

F him. He’s a pussy. He’s afraid of the cult. This guy goes on Lib TV and sprays eye water all over the place about how America is imperiled, and then voted against Ketanji Brown Jackson after praising her.
Seriously. F him.

Reactions: Obviously Oblivious
I don’t like these protests, but Sasse leaving the open forum early suggests he doesn’t want a free and open exchange of thoughts and opinions. My guess is that the other two forums are canceled, or highly regulated.
Shades of how Iowa got Bruce Rastetter to lead the Board of Regents, and how he then plucked an unqualified businessman from a field of qualified applicants to lead UI.

Reactions: cigaretteman
My sympathies go out to Mrs. Sasse. Imagine having to live anywhere in Alachua County.

• Haha
Reactions: Gonolz
ADVERTISEMENT