ADVERTISEMENT

GOP Senate Candidate: “Homosexual Activities” Ruined TV, Which Used To Have Good Shows Like Gunsmoke

NoleATL

HR Legend
Gold Member
Jul 11, 2007
Yep, sorry, its my fault.

https://www.joemygod.com/2019/07/go...-which-used-to-have-good-shows-like-gunsmoke/
“There are no more good TV shows on like Gunsmoke, Bonanza, The Virginian, Andy Griffith, I Love Lucy. We don’t have those shows anymore. We’re too interested in homosexual activities. We’re too interested in seeing how this family’s finding a way to mess on this family or to see how people are trying to date on TV, or having wife-swapping on TV.

“That’s what we watch. When we push back against that, and we quit allowing it to be in our homes – that’s how those changes have occurred because we’ve allowed them to slowly but surely come into our lives.” – 2020 US Senate candidate and Alabama Secretary of State John Merrill, speaking to the right wing Yellowhammer News.

Edit: I'm not slamming Gunsmoke. It was a great show. And, Bonanza had Little Joe and the crotch shots.

Programs like Seinfeld, Cheers, Friends, and others
of that genre.....were built on the idea that personal
relationships are interesting and humorous. It was
just more cutting edge than The Honeymooners,
Ozzie and Harriet, and I Love Lucy.

giphy.gif

Reactions: naturalmwa
Gunsmoke= main character is a bachelor, no kids.
Bonanza= all main characters are bachelors.
Virginian= main character is single, no kids
Andy Griffith= main character is a single father, smoker
I Love Lucy= main character is married to a communist from Cuba.

Lots of latent homosexuality in those shows

Not going to lie, I loved the shows he named. I have fond memories of watching Gunsmoke and Bonanza with my grandfather. Andy Griffith and I love Lucy, are all time great shows anybody should watch.
However, then he goes on to point out that he’s a typical family values conservative. On que, he criticizes homosexuality on tv which means he’s in the closet.

https://www.joemygod.com/2019/07/go...-which-used-to-have-good-shows-like-gunsmoke/
“There are no more good TV shows on like Gunsmoke, Bonanza, The Virginian, Andy Griffith, I Love Lucy. We don’t have those shows anymore. We’re too interested in homosexual activities. We’re too interested in seeing how this family’s finding a way to mess on this family or to see how people are trying to date on TV, or having wife-swapping on TV.

“That’s what we watch. When we push back against that, and we quit allowing it to be in our homes – that’s how those changes have occurred because we’ve allowed them to slowly but surely come into our lives.” – 2020 US Senate candidate and Alabama Secretary of State John Merrill, speaking to the right wing Yellowhammer News.

Edit: I'm not slamming Gunsmoke. It was a great show. And, Bonanza had Little Joe and the crotch shots.
17wy47.jpg

This is about the time where some guy comes forward to say he and Merrill shared a drunken night in a hot tub back in college...

Reactions: seam
Some of the Hollywood actors like Rock Hudson,
Randolph Scott, Tab Hunter, Montgomery Cliff were
gay men who for the most part stayed in the closet
during their movie careers.

The shows on TV now will be talked about someday like Gunsmoke and Bonanza are in this conversation. It doesn't seem possible, but that's how times change.

BTW, some shows on TV now are excellent. Too good in fact. An example is Blood and Treasure. Too drawn out as a series and would have been sure fire movie. Could be it was a movie originally that was rejected. Seems like a good enough script and production to screen it in a four 2 hour sessions.

Some of the Hollywood actors like Rock Hudson,
Randolph Scott, Tab Hunter, Montgomery Cliff were
gay men who for the most part stayed in the closet
during their movie careers.

Don't forget Jack Tripper! And the Cowboy from the Village People. :)

Gunsmoke= main character is a bachelor, no kids.
Bonanza= all main characters are bachelors.
Virginian= main character is single, no kids
Andy Griffith= main character is a single father, smoker
I Love Lucy= main character is married to a communist from Cuba.

Lots of latent homosexuality in those shows

Family Affair
My Three Sons
Courtship if Eddies Father
Bachelor Father
The Rifleman
Beverly Hillbillies
Flipper

Lots of single fathers in those days. TV didn’t like moms for some reason.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT