ADVERTISEMENT

GOP To Fill SCOTUS Seat In 37 Days

Also...when you read/posted this....

...were you rubbing your penis aggressively...the manic technique...

...or were you slowly rubbing from the base of the shaft to the tip and then giving the head a little twisty motion... more of a slow burn technique?

Even more evidence you’ve been jerking off to this image:

hqdefault.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: nelly02 and ping72
Yay! But the other business of the country can’t be bothered with over the span of weeks and months.

Thanks, McConnell.

Reactions: ping72
Is Mitch worried that some of his vulnerable senators might grow a spine after the election, win or lose?

That's the only explanation I can come up with rushing forward like this - he knows he has the votes now, but has some doubt that he will on Nov 4th. Recent polling certainly suggests the GOP majority in the Senate is in serious trouble.

Is Mitch worried that some of his vulnerable senators might grow a spine after the election, win or lose?

That's the only explanation I can come up with rushing forward like this - he knows he has the votes now, but has some doubt that he will on Nov 4th. Recent polling certainly suggests the GOP majority in the Senate is in serious trouble.

They need another conservative hack on the Court ASAP because Trump is going to challenge the election. If it’s close, Trump is going to claim mail-in voter fraud and seek to invalidate any vote that comes in after Election Day.

The Democrats need to just let the Republicans have their circle jerk about this justice. Don't waste a second getting into it. They need to focus on pounding the message that Republicans are rushing to get a judge in and are not willing to work to get anything passed as far as the virus. Getting control of all 3 branches is how you win the war let them win this battle.

The Democrats need to just let the Republicans have their circle jerk about this justice. Don't waste a second getting into it. They need to focus on pounding the message that Republicans are rushing to get a judge in and are not willing to work to get anything passed as far as the virus. Getting control of all 3 branches is how you win the war let them win this battle.
Been saying this since the start. Go ahead and hastily push through a SCOTUS nomination; no vetting necessary; why should there be prudence with something so important when "winning" is all that matters?

This nomination will set a precedent - the Senate can do whatever the f*ck they want for whatever reason they justify. Dems will have full control in a few months. What difference does this SCOTUS nomination mean when Biden's going to pack the court anyway? And once D.C. and Puerto Rico are States, good luck for any future GOP President (if there ever is one) getting a SCOTUS nomination pushed through. The perpetually blue Senate will find a way to delay it for years if they have to.

Make your move, Mitch. I dare you.

Reactions: nelly02
Been saying this since the start. Go ahead and hastily push through a SCOTUS nomination; no vetting necessary; why should there be prudence with something so important when "winning" is all that matters?

This nomination will set a precedent - the Senate can do whatever the f*ck they want for whatever reason they justify. Dems will have full control in a few months. What difference does this SCOTUS nomination mean when Biden's going to pack the court anyway? And once D.C. and Puerto Rico are States, good luck for any future GOP President (if there ever is one) getting a SCOTUS nomination pushed through. The perpetually blue Senate will find a way to delay it for years if they have to.

Make your move, Mitch. I dare you.

Until all of the above is found unconstitutional

Well, I guess a lot of Senators will be in hearings instead of campaigning over the next month.

What, exactly, are Republicans doing that is unconstitutional?

IAFBnBB’s claim that the Democrats are proposing to balance the Supreme Court via unconstitutional means is laughable, but par for the course for that dolt.

In the meantime, he (and his ilk) who fling the word “unconstitutional” at others while ignoring the abuse of power by the current President is hypocrisy at its best.

Please point to the section of the Constitution that provides a minimum time limit to consider a nominee.

Many justices have been confirmed in less than 37 days....including John Roberts in 2005. Don‘t act like this is unusual, and don’t pretend it isn’t anything more than sour grapes by the Democrats.

IAFBnBB’s claim that the Democrats are proposing to balance the Supreme Court via unconstitutional means is laughable, but par for the course for that dolt.

In the meantime, he (and his ilk) who fling the word “unconstitutional” at others while ignoring the abuse of power by the current President is hypocrisy at its best.
Are you saying filling a Supreme Court vacancy is abuse of power?

Are you saying filling a Supreme Court vacancy is abuse of power?

Not at all.

It’s Trump’s other myriad examples of abusing the power of the office (and his enabler’s excusing of that behavior) that concern me.

So...again...when IAFBnBB (and others) want to chirp about law and order and following the rule of law, it’s demonstrated hypocrisy at its finest.

For political reasons, I suspect that Mitch will extend this over most of October to divert attention away from the Rona. The question is does he schedule the vote after the election so the senators can campaign on being tied to the socially conservative candidate.

If I was a Democratic strategist I would suggest that the dems push for quick hearings and a vote. They have the votes, so no point in fighting it. I would use it as a campaign that the Repubs changed the rules for their power. They care nothing about you, but their own power....look how hypocritical they are. But I would state that we aren't going to pack the court or change the rules--that's what republicans due. The strategy being that would draw out centralist voters to vote dem and and unintended consequence that some voters will stay home because the court is decidedly conservative, so they don't have to stomach voting for this asshole.

I'm kinda with Mitt on this one. Its constitutional for Trump's nominee to get a vote, and they should get a vote. Just like Merrick Garland should have gotten a vote. Except Mitch took that away. So I'm not going to be upset if this nominee doesn't get a vote either

Reactions: sober_teacher
Limbaugh suggested the other day that no hearings be held. Just hold the vote he suggested.

After the left’s deplorable treatment of Kavanaugh, that approach has some merit.

I think there will be less than 5 days of hearings. I think that holding hearings works in the favor of the Republicans because democrats will be unable to restrain themselves as they attack the character of a good, decent woman. America will be turned off by that.

I'm kinda with Mitt on this one. Its constitutional for Trump's nominee to get a vote, and they should get a vote. Just like Merrick Garland should have gotten a vote. Except Mitch took that away. So I'm not going to be upset if this nominee doesn't get a vote either

It's not holding a hearing/vote now that bothers me, it's the utter hypocrisy after 2016 that does.

Reactions: lonestar50
Please point to the section of the Constitution that provides a minimum time limit to consider a nominee.

Many justices have been confirmed in less than 37 days....including John Roberts in 2005. Don‘t act like this is unusual, and don’t pretend it isn’t anything more than sour grapes by the Democrats.
The whole point of my post was saying go ahead and have it. You can confirm whomever tomorrow for all I care. I'm saying the Democrats shouldn't waste time when they can hammer home how awful the Republicans have been. Getting the votes is how they win. Trying to stop this nomination in any way is futile and only takes away from what they can do to win.

Rammimg it thru will be the death knell for Ernst and a few others. Since it's clear the Dems can't prevent this, use it to your advantage to reclaim the Senate.

The Republicans have the presidency and the Senate, so not much the Democrats can do to stop them from confirming a justice. That they are trying to do it before the election does indicate concern that Trump will not win and the Senate may flip. We also cannot discount the need for nine justices in the event the election results lead to litigation.

We know the nominee will be a conservative judge, but those believed to be the favorites for the nomination are not radically outside the mainstream. They appear to me to be very qualified. I agree with the poster that the Democrats should not waste a lot of time and effort trying to stop the confirmation. They should certainly not attack the nominee over her Catholic faith if it is the woman from Indiana. Right now, barring the Demoncrats screwing up their messege and tactics (which they probably will), putting another conservative judge on the bench may motivate more women to vote for Biden.

I think the Democrats winning message is one that points to how out of balance the judiciary will be if Trunmp gets another term, particularly if the GOP holds the Senate. Very likely two more Supreme Court nominees and who knows how many more federal judges.

Reactions: MitchLL
ADVERTISEMENT