ADVERTISEMENT

Gopher decommits

HawkNorth

HR All-State
Nov 24, 2003
Second decommit from the Goofs. I know that the Hawks had offered Witt.

Winona product Aaron Witt decommits from the Gophers

By Megan Ryan

MAY 15, 2019 — 2:55PM

Aaron Witt@AaronJwitt13

I'm re opening my recruitment

He's the second class of 2020 commit to reverse his decision since Monday, with junior college linebacker Juwan Mitchell reclassifying to 2019 and joining Texas.

Yeah, this seems to happen every cycle for them.
Gopher fans will say Fleck found some hot prospect from Georgia and/or Florida and the kid saw the handwriting on the wall.

Then... on signing day, the kid flips to some Southern school or doesn't qualify academically.

Then... they sign some junior college guy who's the greatest at his position, he goes thru spring practice, and transfers for next school year. See VicV:p

Reactions: dbrocket
I think it said on the recruiting board we plan on taking 6-7 DL for 2020 so don’t think it has anything to do with Bruce.

I think it was sarcasm with this board saying Bruce
was close to out when Fitz offered him. Obviously not, with his tweet...

Please decommit Ky Thomas, please decommit Ky Thomas...Oh wait we have our guy now. Would still totally take a commit from Thomas though.
I agree Harbinger. Thomas is seriously underrated IMO. His junior film was one of the more impressive RB displays I've seen in a while. Speed, vision, change of direction..., very talented.

Second decommit from the Goofs. I know that the Hawks had offered Witt.

Winona product Aaron Witt decommits from the Gophers

By Megan Ryan

MAY 15, 2019 — 2:55PM

Aaron Witt@AaronJwitt13

I'm re opening my recruitment

He's the second class of 2020 commit to reverse his decision since Monday, with junior college linebacker Juwan Mitchell reclassifying to 2019 and joining Texas.
Thanks for keeping us up to date on BIG decommits. Unless he ends up at another BIG school that's kind of bad news. Any time an athlete decommits from a conference it takes the conference down a bit. Any others you know of?
Yeah, this seems to happen every cycle for them.

Boyz... they're dropping like flies. Gophers just has another kid decommit. That makes three, yes three, just this month.

A Illinois high schooler just announced today. Seems kids are taking a Fleck scholly offer as an insurance policy and then running when something better comes along.

When a Gopher fan comes to this forum to tout some big commitment... just remind them of how boat rowing is a bad idea.:p

You reap what you sow.
There have been reports that he really pressures kids to commit on their visit to campus. The likelihood of him lasting more than four years is pretty slim, imo.

An easy schedule might get him to eight wins this year, but he's not competing for titles in the B1G West. At some point... we're going to find out about some scandal. He was used to being a big fish in a small pond at his previous stop. Not sure he's up to B1G level.

There have been reports that he really pressures kids to commit on their visit to campus.

Yep. And Fleck is dueling with ISU to lead the nation in scholarship offers each year.

If you treat a scholarship offer like its relatively meaningless, then the athletes are taught to treat it like its relatively meaningless.

Kirk gets flack for taking it a little too seriously, but his method is much better than what Fleck is doing.

Fun thread. The latest decommit has 0 P5 offers. Looks like it's all over in Dinkytown.
You're kidding, right?

A guy decommits without any other major offers? Fleck's antics and smoke show aren't going to last much longer unless he gets them to some meaningful bowl this year, imo.

Can't wait for the beatdown in IC this fall.

Yeah, someone linked that article on twitter, tweeting something to the tune of:

"PJ Fleck thinks kids have a commitment problem when he left W. Michigan 2 years after signing a 6 year extension and he flipped 6 W. Michigan recruits after he was hired at Minnesota". I got a chuckle out of it
Not to mention his commitment issues in his personal life.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT