ADVERTISEMENT

Gordan Ramsey

786144611.jpg

85273258.jpg

a35e81ec1834a64952356b8397cb7a45.jpg

What's funny is that I've seen him on one of his shows in England and he's nothing like the character he plays on the American shows. He's really nice am empathetic over there, but that likely wouldn't sell as well here.

What's funny is that I've seen him on one of his shows in England and he's nothing like the character he plays on the American shows. He's really nice am empathetic over there, but that likely wouldn't sell as well here.
The one on Netflix using prisoners is quite a contrast. Very carefully about criticism around the cutlery.

Mericans like their celebs/leaders to have that special grab em by the pussy panache ya know?

Reactions: Titus Andronicus
I love DDD, but Guy is way over exposed. I think he has nine shows going right now on the Food Network.
Just saying.

Mr. Tumor Boy, first it's Gordon Ramsay. He'd be pissed at you j/k. I've had the good fortune of needing Gordon in Hawaii-- not where you might think. He competes in iron man triathlons and my side hustle company used to sponsor athletes in said event. Gordon showed up to our tent for free swag and protein bars. He's actually a very nice and soft spoken person. Glad to take pictures with, quip a good joke and very self deprecating. The tv thing is a shtick more than anything.

Mr. Tumor Boy, first it's Gordon Ramsay. He'd be pissed at you j/k. I've had the good fortune of needing Gordon in Hawaii-- not where you might think. He competes in iron man triathlons and my side hustle company used to sponsor athletes in said event. Gordon showed up to our tent for free swag and protein bars. He's actually a very nice and soft spoken person. Glad to take pictures with, quip a good joke and very self deprecating. The tv thing is a shtick more than anything.
My buddy has a picture with him after a competing in a triathlon in England.

I used to really enjoy his British version of kitchen nightmares...think they aired it here in BBCA or something.

But instead of the 48hrs of screaming at ppl and redesigning their restaurant he actually spent weeks with them and visited over several months.

I also really enjoyed a meal at one of his restaurants in London.

What’s funny is that he’s marketed this old school screaming and yelling persona. You want to watch someone that does it because of his dedication to cooking and not for show, watch some stuff with Marco Pierre White—the guy that made Gordon Ramsey cry

Reactions: GOHOX69
Gordon is really good with kids. Watching him on some of the children editions of his shows you see a totally different side of him. Seems like a genuinely good dude.

Reactions: Greenway4Prez
I used to really enjoy his British version of kitchen nightmares...think they aired it here in BBCA or something.

But instead of the 48hrs of screaming at ppl and redesigning their restaurant he actually spent weeks with them and visited over several months.

I also really enjoyed a meal at one of his restaurants in London.
I loved the episode where he met the young woman who made the sticky toffee pudding. I think he features that dessert on some of his menus today. I also liked the one with the washed up actor who had his fish and chips restaurant redone.

Reactions: naturalmwa

I’m not a big fan of the abrasive asshole that he portrays in a lot of his shows, but I think it really is just a character he’s playing for viewers. Not saying he wouldn’t have been a bit of a bully in the kitchen back in the day, but if you can find a candid interview with him describing how he grew up and what drives him I think you’d find him waaay more like able. I know it changed my opinion haha

Last edited:
Reactions: NDallasRuss
Gordon is really good with kids. Watching him on some of the children editions of his shows you see a totally different side of him. Seems like a genuinely good dude.
Did not know this until I checked, but he and his second wife have five kids. They seem normal and happy.

Being a celebrity is way less stressful than a Chef at a high end restaurant. Doubt he misses the grind. He can always jump in and remind himself why he doesn’t do it full time anymore.

Reactions: Tenacious E
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT