ADVERTISEMENT

Got a new cleaning lady

Oct 25, 2020
So I’m moving soon and had to get a lady to fill in for a bit since the long timer got more jobs to fill her time. She has a different detergent. It reminds me of my friends when I was a kid who had parents from Mexico. It’s a good smell but I want a watermelon sucker covered in chili powder.

129248-01_vero-rebanaditas-lollipops-40-piece-bag.jpg

So I’m moving soon and had to get a lady to fill in for a bit since the long timer got more jobs to fill her time. She has a different detergent. It reminds me of my friends when I was a kid who had parents from Mexico. It’s a good smell but I want a watermelon sucker covered in chili powder.
She probably uses one of these:
00632657.jpg

04310441.jpg

Low end Latin housekeepers use Fabuloso.

The best ones use their own mixture that is vinegar based.
Yeah, they charge more for cheaper vinegar because they've taken their clients for schmucks ;)

Yeah, they charge more for cheaper vinegar because they've taken their clients for schmucks ;)
Oh it’s a special formula.

I noticed it many years ago when I was with my ex. The house would smell like vinegar when the housekeeper would leave.

Fast forward to now and our lady uses it too. My new mother in law is a housekeeper and only uses her own cleaning mix. I asked the wife about it and she gave me the run down.

What do you pay per visit?

Oh it’s a special formula.

I noticed it many years ago when I was with my ex. The house would smell like vinegar when the housekeeper would leave.

Fast forward to now and our lady uses it too. My new mother in law is a housekeeper and only uses her own cleaning mix. I asked the wife about it and she gave me the run down.
I thought the constant vinegar smell around you was because you’re a douchebag 😉

Reactions: ihhawk
It's not uncommon to encounter new scents and unfamiliar products when working with someone new. In your case, the cleaning lady you hired is using a different detergent that reminds you of a childhood memory. While the new scent may be pleasant, you may still have a preference for specific scents and flavors. I have addressed several times to gotenancycleaning.com for cleaning services. I have always liked the result of their work, and after cleaning, the smell of citrus remained in my house for a long time. I really like this smell.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT