ADVERTISEMENT

GoT Season 5, episode 8. Spoilers will be had

I know we have a mixture of bookfegs and illiterati in this thread, but I do want to throw out a PSA. In Book 5, one of the most powerful, and IMHO well written chapters In the entire series, was late in the book, before Daenerys went Aerys II, she went down to the Pyramid dungeon where she was keeping Viserion and Rhaegal. At that time, they were no longer chained up, but had made the temple kind of their own home. The way GRRM described the scene was outstanding. This season, they have kind of already touched upon that, but I wonder if they might go back in there one more time.

I don't think one single person could do that though. From what the episode with the stone men showed, him and Tyrion were lucky to leave alive. Curious thing about Tyrion, considering he fell into the water, which was likely full of greyscale, and yet he never contracted. Don't you think? Not to mention that the stone man had to have at least gotten a hand on him.

Bear with me....If, Tyrion is actually of Targaryen lineage, as is theorized by some, perhaps he is/was immune to the greyscale in the water, much like Dany was immune to the fire in the climax of Season 1.

Or, greyscale can only be contracted by skin to skin contact.

Bear with me....If, Tyrion is actually of Targaryen lineage, as is theorized by some, perhaps he is/was immune to the greyscale in the water, much like Dany was immune to the fire in the climax of Season 1.

Tyrion isn't immune to the greyscale, he just didn't get it......on the TV series.

I do wonder though if maybe Dany can get the dragons to clean up the area and then go in. Seeing everyone come together to battle to others is going to be amazing. It's going to have to happen if anyone is to survive. Jons little speech about how hopeless a fight against the others could/would be was great foreshadowing, especially since the shock of an actual large scale attack happened almost right after saying that.

I agree that procuring more weapons is going to be needed for sure.
I don't think they need more valaryian steel. All they need is a quiver of of arrows with obsidian tips that never seems to run out, and then find Legolas from LOTR. Problem solved.

No photos, but GRRM is so descriptive, you feel like you know them. Seriously, if he didn't spend so much time talking about the food they eat, and the clothes they wear, we might actually know what's going on at this point.

Too much detail in 4&5, if he would stop describing everything he eats the books might be done by now

I don't think they need more valaryian steel. All they need is a quiver of of arrows with obsidian tips that never seems to run out, and then find Legolas from LOTR. Problem solved.
I just watched the last Hobbit movie on the plane. My jaw dropped as he did run out. They even seemed to sort of acknowledge that this was a big deal.

Tyrion isn't immune to the greyscale, he just didn't get it......on the TV series.
Okay,..and you know that how? There is not proving that he simply just didn't get it. Viserys theorized that certain Targaryens were immune to sickness, and fire, and other things that could kill others.

The show seems to possibly be hinting at this. Keep in mind that there was a conversation between Tyrion and Tywin about Tywin not liking but simply dealing with Tyrion due to not being able to prove that he wasn't actually his. The Mad King and Tywin had a good relationship, but in time the mad king grew fearful of Tywins influence and power,

Also, Tywin suddenly turned on The Mad King when it was extremely risky to do so, and keep in mind he DID NOT anticipate Jaime killing the Mad King which sealed the deal. Jaime made that choice on his own. Which was more about saving thousands of innocent people than just saving his dad, as Jaime confessed. Tywin used Roberts rebellion to get control of the Kingdom and take out the Mad King, but again, this was still VERY risky and Tywin is smart enough to know that. This was a move of passion in my opinion on Tywins part. As I believe The Mad King RAPED Joanna Lannister as a swipe towards Tywin.

Tyrion 'killed' his mother during childbirth. But the theory goes that Tywin tried to poison the baby before it was born and hence Tyrion was born a dwarf, and the mother was the one that actually died.

Then also keep in mind that Tywin got REALLY pissed at Tyrion when asked if Tyrion could take control of Casterly Rock. Tywin wasn't necessarily the shallow type, he was in it for the win, and it's always been clear that Tyrion although 'deformed', was probably the most capable of leading, due to his keener intellect compared to Cersei, and having more ambition than Jaime.

Tywin had real disdain for Tyrion, and you can't imagine that it had anything to do with how he looked. Tywins smart enough to know that Tyrion wasn't responsible for his wifes death, so why be so abusive towards him? Again, Tywin himself said he couldn't prove that Tyrion wasn't his, but he said before Tyrion killed him that "you are no son of mine".

Tyrion also was set to death for the false accusation of killing Joffrey, something Tywin used as a reason to kill Tyrion for, though most would agree that Tywin was smart enough to know that Tyrion wasn't the culprit. Tywin now had control of the Kingdom through Tommen, whom hec ould easily manipulate, who also wasn't the moron that Joffrey was. Tyrion at this time wasn't needed anymore, and killing him because he was 'guilty' of killing the King, would help Tywin save face.

Plus these tidbits. Tyrion is drawn towards Dany. Tyrion also made out to be good friends with Jon Snow, the only Stark he actually got along with, and they seemed to have a mutual respect in the 1st season. I don't think those scenes had no reason behind them. Plus, in the books he also dreams of dragons and has visions, similar to how Jon and Dany have.

The only counter to this is the possible emergence of Aegon VI, but this may not happen in the series, as he should have already shown up. So if he doesn't show up, whom else is the third head of the dragon?

Last edited:
The show seems to possibly be hinting at this. Keep in mind that their was a conversation between Tyrion and Tywin about Tywin dealing with Tyrion due to not being able to prove that he wasn't actually his. The Mad King and Tywin had a good relationship, but in time the mad king grew fearful of Tywins influence and power,

Also, Tywin suddenly turned on The Mad King when it was extremely risky to do so, and keep in mind he DID NOT anticipate Jaime killing the Mad King which sealed the deal. Jaime made that choice on his own. Which was more about saving thousands of innocent people than just saving his dad, as Jaime confessed. Tywin used Roberts rebellion to get control of the Kingdom and take out the Mad King, but again, this was still VERY risky and Tywin is smart enough to know that. This was a move of passion in my opinion on Tywins part. As I believe The Mad King RAPED Joanna Lannister as a swipe towards Tywin.

Tyrion 'killed' his mother during childbirth. But the theory goes that Tywin tried to poison the baby before it was born and hence Tyrion was born a dwarf, and the mother was the one that actually died.

Then also keep in mind that Tywin got REALLY pissed at Tyrion when asked if Tyrion could take control of Casterly Rock. Keep in mind, Tywin wasn't necessarily the shallow type, he was in it for the win, and it's always been clear that Tyrion although 'deformed'.

Tywin had real disdain for Tyrion, and you can't imagine that it had anything to do with how he looked. Tywins smart enough to know that Tyrion wasn't responsible for his wifes death, so why be so abusive towards him? Again, Tywin himself said he couldn't prove that Tyrion wasn't his, but he said before Tyrion killed him that "you are no son of mine".

Tyrion also was set to death for the false accusation of killing Joffrey, something Tywin used as a reason to kill Tyrion for, though most would agree that Tywin was smart enough to know that Tyrion wasn't the culprit.

Plus these tidbits. Tyrion is drawn towards Dany. Tyrion also made out to be good friends with Jon Snow, the only Stark he actually got along with, and they seemed to have a mutual respect in the 1st season. I don't think those scenes had no reason behind them.
That's awesome

Okay,..and you know that how? There is not proving that he simply just didn't get it. Viserys theorized that certain Targaryens were immune to sickness, and fire, and other things that could kill others.
That is line with my thoughts and that the second head of the dragon is Jon Snow, as I thought that was basically confirmed earlier this season, but was roundly chastised for here. This far into the series, the main characters include Dany, Jon, and Tyrion. All three started the "game" behind the 8 ball but I think their inherent greatness allowed the cream to rise to the top and is leading to a convergence of their stories to defeat the white walkers, with the assistance of Bran, probably warging a dragon.

That is line with my thoughts and that the second head of the dragon is Jon Snow, as I thought that was basically confirmed earlier this season, but was roundly chastised for here. This far into the series, the main characters include Dany, Jon, and Tyrion. All three started the "game" behind the 8 ball but I think their inherent greatness allowed the cream to rise to the top and is leading to a convergence of their stories to defeat the white walkers, with the assistance of Bran, probably warging a dragon.
It pretty much was, as they hinted at his parents not being whom people thought. Littlefinger in particular gave a slight hint with his reaction to Sansa talking about Jons parents. I think the Jon Snow thing is pretty much set in stone now. The Tyrion thing is definitely up for debate. The show could go a completely different route then what the book may do.

Also, I think it's pretty obvious that the three main 'good' guys of the show are Jon, Dany, and Tyrion.

flat,800x800,070,f.u4.jpg

It pretty much was, as they hinted at his parents not being whom people thought. Littlefinger in particular gave a slight hint with his reaction to Sansa talking about Jons parents. I think the Jon Snow thing is pretty much set in stone now. The Tyrion thing is definitely up for debate. The show could go a completely different route then what the book may do.

Also, I think it's pretty obvious that the three main 'good' guys of the show are Jon, Dany, and Tyrion.

flat,800x800,070,f.u4.jpg
The little finger scene was also right before Aemon said to Jon it was a terrible thing for a Targaryen to be alone in the world. So maybe a hint.

It's n
The little finger scene was also right before Aemon said to Jon it was a terrible thing for a Targaryen to be alone in the world. So maybe a hint.
Which describes Dany, Tyrion and Jon. Basically surrounded by no family, and pretty much on their own in that regard.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT