ADVERTISEMENT

Gotta be happy with yesterdays win

JerseyCityHawki

HR All-American
Oct 28, 2019
Hackensack, New Jersey
At least I am happy as Fukksconsin has been a damn thorn in the side… but now you can look at it this way … the last 3 years Iowa is 2-1 vs the rat bastards … and ohhhhh did it feel good to see Iowa stuff Allen and Mertz over and over (not as many as Herbergerhamburger sacked Petras like 3 times - dudes a STUD LB… hats off to that kid and only a junior but will be playing in the NFL next season. So, was I thrilled about everything yesterday? Nope.. however a W is a W over UW … and they beat them pretty convincingly- Iowa could have added a few extra points at the end but didn’t. Also, hats off to Jim Leonard - wow I would take him as a replacement in a second so to the Badger faithful get this dude signed up already I know right… No bitching and moaning from me very happy they pulled this one out and believe it or not the West could be ours but one game at a time.. the Goofers are damn tough and it’s going to take a great game on both sides of the ball to beat them and then Nebby isn’t a pushover either.

Great win, Hawkeyes!
Had to be a euphoric locker room after bringing home da Bull.
This team sticks together...family-style.
The more carping from The outsiders...the harder they play.
No pics on scorecards, luckily...just win, baby!

I am REALLY happy to beat Wisconsin. I would be thrilled if our O-line was playing well....that was a bad performance by them. Defense and Special Teams won the day! I'll take it.

Few things:

1) This defense is eye candy. So fundamentally sound and discipline.

2) I didn’t think I’d ever say this, but I found myself truly feeling for Petras. Dude could have folded but he keeps battling and that throw on the post route to LaPorta (that he dropped) was a thing of beauty.

Few things:

1) This defense is eye candy. So fundamentally sound and discipline.

2) I didn’t think I’d ever say this, but I found myself truly feeling for Petras. Dude could have folded but he keeps battling and that throw on the post route to LaPorta (that he dropped) was a thing of beauty.
It was really cool watching Urban Meyer break down the Iowa defense on film last week. He was so impressed with how EVERY player is exactly where he is supposed to be almost to the yard line he should be on every play even during pursuit angles. The detail was neat to watch. Obviously we have the occasional break down, (Moss got hungry to repeat CDJ's pick six, and bit on that long TD right before the half and tried to jump that route), but generally Iowa defenders are always where there supposed to be in each play.

ADVERTISEMENT