ADVERTISEMENT

Gov. Reynolds announced school choice researcher will be the next head of Iowa Department of Education

cigaretteman

HR King
May 29, 2001
The assault on Public Schools continues. The Fordham Institute publishes deeply flawed studies with blatantly false information. Terrible.:

Gov. Kim Reynolds tapped Chad Aldis, a school choice and education reform researcher, to be the next head of Iowa’s Department of Education on Wednesday afternoon.
Aldis was the vice president of Ohio policy at the Thomas B. Fordham Institute, a conservative-leaning education policy research non-profit based in Washington D.C. He led the institute’s success in implementing school choice, public charter schools, and toughening academic requirements for high school graduation in Ohio, according to the Thomas B. Fordham institute.
“Chad is the type of leader we need at this pivotal time for Iowa’s education system,” Reynolds said in a news release. “His unique perspective will help lead reform within the department and across our schools so that every Iowa student—regardless of what school they attend—receives a quality education that prepares them to be successful in life.”

Reynolds said she wants Iowa to bring Iowa back to its former educational glory and to lead the nation in testing scores. Iowa hasn’t ranked No. 1 in the nation in math and reading scores since the 1990s.
“By innovating our education system and renewing our focus on academic instruction and performance, I’m confident that Iowa schools and students will again lead the way,” Reynolds said in a news release.
Aldis is originally from eastern Iowa, having graduated from Clinton High School in 1990, according to the governor’s office. Aldis said he is happy to move back to his home state and help the governor improve the academic standing of Iowa’s schools.
“I’m honored to accept this opportunity to serve the students of Iowa,” Aldis said. “The governor’s unwavering commitment to ensuring all children are provided with a quality education that fits their needs is a vision I share and one that will drive the department’s work.”
Aldis said he wants to give Iowa students the foundation they need to succeed.
“Like many Iowans, I owe much to the great public education I received. We need to make sure that today’s students have the same opportunities to pursue their dreams,” Aldis said. “That starts with all students leaving high school with the reading, math, and civics knowledge and skills to prepare them for either college or a career.”

Iowa = Mississippi of the North
Florida = Mississippi of the East

What kills me is that people actually think this is a good thing....MAGA Is a mental illness. We really need a deadly pandemic to kill off the ignorance of our population
What kills me is that there are zero provisions put into place to determine if this education plan is even working. Combine that with Reynolds major push to reduce transparency this session and you have the makings for a lot of lying going on over results. She's going to gaslight our asses.

What kills me is that there are zero provisions put into place to determine if this education plan is even working. Combine that with Reynolds major push to reduce transparency this session and you have the makings for a lot of lying going on over results. She's going to gaslight our asses.

Republicans need a stupid population.... otherwise they would lose elections in greater numbers from here on out

Why are you libs upset by this appointment? The liberals who control and have controlled the public education system for decades brought this on. Until very recently, no large constituency had any power, or was actually talking about using tax dollars to send public school students to private schools, with the minor exception of some very religious parents who didn't have any real chance. So why now, covid happened and parents were actually able to see what the teachers and their unions were really teaching and not teaching their children. Parents also hear on the news about the sexualization of young children, CRT, children being bullied with little protection, etc. So now, whether or not these things are actually being taught in your school or any school in Iowa for that matter, the left decided to defend these practices and rationalize them rather than unequivocally deny the allegations and side with the parents.

So now this what he left gets in exchange for those actions.

Why are you libs upset by this appointment? The liberals who control and have controlled the public education system for decades brought this on. Until very recently, no large constituency had any power, or was actually talking about using tax dollars to send public school students to private schools, with the minor exception of some very religious parents who didn't have any real chance. So why now, covid happened and parents were actually able to see what the teachers and their unions were really teaching and not teaching their children. Parents also hear on the news about the sexualization of young children, CRT, children being bullied with little protection, etc. So now, whether or not these things are actually being taught in your school or any school in Iowa for that matter, the left decided to defend these practices and rationalize them rather than unequivocally deny the allegations and side with the parents.

You listened to way too much AM radio in your years spent mostly away from your family as a long haul trucker.

Last edited:
Let me guess, you are one of those public school graduates.
Went to a mediocre but locally celebrated public high school after Catholic K-8. Public university studying STEM in their liberal arts college. So you're not totally wrong. About half and half public/private.

Reactions: Chishawk1425
I just know to never believe anything that comes out of her mouth.

Shut up. You don't know anything about this subject. Where was Iowa ranked in education under Vilsack and Culver? Now?

I'm a registered Republican, but I can smell a pile of shit when I step in one. You understand that, for years, parents have been able to see what is being taught in schools, right? You understand Reynolds has crippled the Teacher's Unions to the point of irrelevancy, right? If you ask any teacher, I'm sure they'll tell you schools side with the parents on issues about 90% of the time as it is. Reynolds putting her cronies and yes men in places of power is flat out disgusting. For someone who advocates for small government, she sure is making sure she has complete control of everything, with little to no checks and balances.

Last edited:
I'm a registered Republican, but I can smell a pile of shit when I step in one. You understand that, for years, parents have been able to see what is being taught in schools, right? You understand Reynolds has crippled the Teacher's Unions to the point of irrelevancy, right? If you ask any teacher, I'm sure they'll tell you schools side with the parents on issues about 90% of the time as it is. Reynolds putting her cronies and yes men in places of power is flat out disgusting. For someone who advocates for small government, she sure is making sure she has complete control of everything, with little to no checks and balances.
Please tell me you didn't vote this joke of an agenda into power then.

It would be more like Biden picking me or you to be transportation secretary.
You would probably do a better job than Buttigieg but you likely aren't a gay married man or a trans women with a mustache that steals luggage or a married black lesbian, so you likely aren't qualified to be appointed anything by Biden.

Why would Biden make Buttigieg transportation secretary? It's called politics.
Extremely ignorant post.

People want to know the qualifications of the new Education Director because the lion's share of his work will involve the 85%+ public school students.

I'm more worried his sole purpose is to further the voucher program and how to fund it.

I think we all know where this is headed.

Let me guess, you are one of those public school graduates. :cool:
If your going to insinuate that someone is dumb you should start by forming a proper sentence.
Weird post given that Reynolds and the Rs are busily working to ban the people on your list.
The trans person wasn’t appointed by Biden and was fired immediately. Have you forgotten how many of Trump’s minions have been charged with something. Trump used pardons to let criminals off.

Reactions: cigaretteman
Bitch is driving this state into the ground. Fvck you Republicans for cheering this on.
She is consolidating her power. Something Branstad was never able to do because Dems either controlled the Senate or could mount substantive opposition. Elections have consequences. These are interesting times. Kim is a master politician, really is. I just think she is greatly misguided.

I don't know what a RINO is, but thank you!
The current MAGA leaders including Trump use this term, Republicans in name only when some of the GOP didn't go along with their corruption. So you are actually a true Republican and not a MAGA cultist. You see, it's always projection. They use that insult when THEY are the Republican in name only and those who do the right thing are the real Republicans. Only a few of them left in power though.

• Love
Reactions: TailgateTom
The current MAGA leaders including Trump use this term, Republicans in name only when some of the GOP didn't go along with their corruption. So you are actually a true Republican and not a MAGA cultist. You see, it's always projection. They use that insult when THEY are the Republican in name only and those who do the right thing are the real Republicans. Only a few of them left in power though.
Yeah, RINO has been around since at least the teabagger days.

100%

You would probably do a better job than Buttigieg but you likely aren't a gay married man or a trans women with a mustache that steals luggage or a married black lesbian, so you likely aren't qualified to be appointed anything by Biden.
You or I wouldn’t do a better job than Buttigieg. Glad you are focusing on the appropriate things here by the way.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT