ADVERTISEMENT

Gov. Reynolds announces 2023 Iowa Teacher of the Year; Two Finalists From Sheldon, Sioux Center

Anyone ask the winner or the finalists how they feel about public funding going to private schools, or having their ability to collectively bargain, and teacher's earning power, weakened by Kimmie?

Reactions: MitchLL
"Life is really hard for children and school can be hard as well, so I think it's really important that we teach them that they can do hard things, they can face those challenges, they can step out of their comfort zone and they can achieve greatness when they do not let the fear of failure or the fear of making mistakes get in their way," Colbert said.

You could even become Governor of Iowa!

Would be interesting to know if there is any connection to Kim. I was wondering the same thing at the Iowa game, our “heros” used to be deputies or bystanders who pulled people from wrecks or house fires….this year it seemed like the hero’s were a couple of auctioneers who raise funds for the community….which is great….but I know plenty of people who raise and donate a lot of money to charity in their communities….

Would be interesting to know if there is any connection to Kim. I was wondering the same thing at the Iowa game, our “heros” used to be deputies or bystanders who pulled people from wrecks or house fires….this year it seemed like the hero’s were a couple of auctioneers who raise funds for the community….which is great….but I know plenty of people who raise and donate a lot of money to charity in their communities….
That area is 90% conservatives, so that could be the connection.

I wondered that too...

BUT the auctioneers raised money for a WIDE variety of charities, donating their time to do it. So I think that's what made them particularly worthy.

Plus, I think it's a good message to send, that you can be a hero without risking your life charging into a fire, etc (that's worthy too, but not everyone is physically capable of that).

Or perhaps you need reading classes because the winner is from a district located in an overwhelming blue county.
Doesn’t.
Fit.
Narrative.
1.gif

ADVERTISEMENT