ADVERTISEMENT

Grade Each Conference for 2020

BuildemHawk

HB All-American
Jun 7, 2015
SEC - A+. Right now only 1 team played less than 9 games, and nearly 1/2 the league got in all 10 games. From the start the SEC had the plan that made the most sense. Delay the start of the season, and build in times that makeup games could be played. Lets be honest about this as well, the SEC was never in doubt, they were always going to play. This gave the ACC and Big12 the cover they needed to also play the season.

ACC - A. Only 2 teams completed less than 10 games in this season. Not only that, but with ND and Clemson both competing for a playoff spot the ACC has jumped the Big10 and Pac10 in quality of league. Right now 5 ACC teams are ranked in the top 25 and as I said two of them are competing for a playoff spot. The league overall is probably the 2nd best league in the country.

Big12 - A. Every team played at least 9 games this season. While the quality of the conference is in serious question, they did get all but 5 of their games.

Pac12 - F All I can say is at least we weren't the Pac12. If I were the Pac12, I'd seriously consider cutting my alliance with the B1G, because the B1G did the Pac12 dirty this year. The Pac12 backed up the B1G play to cancel the season, and the B1G repaid that support by abandoning them as soon as they could after that.

B1G - D- The only reason they get a D- is because they did do a ever so slightly better job than the Pac12. What a disaster this season has been. Only 3 teams played all 8 games. The B1G played 20 less games than were scheduled to be played. Obviously with no makeup dates, and no flexibility this was the worse performance outside of the Pac12. How much egg on the face did the B1G have this year with the joke of canceling the season, then starting it back up. Then when the Golden child wasn't going to be eligible for the B1G Championship game, they just change the rules and poof, they are eligible. Just a complete and total lack of leadership within this conference and I don't know how there isn't long lasting animosity and repercussions between member schools for years to come because of this.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News