ADVERTISEMENT

Graham Mertz and Tanner Morgan 5th and 6th in the country in passing efficiency

Digger1

HR Heisman
Sep 30, 2001
2nd and 3rd in the Big 10.

Will be interesting to see if that continues. I have my doubts on Mertz. We saw Morgan do it a few years ago. Morgan lost his top WR for the season Saturday. Mertz plays in the Shoe Saturday.

New OC's in Madison and Minneapolis this year. Though Kirk C. has been MN's OC before and did an outstanding job there in the past.

Reactions: anon_b29nm7v7dwp6r

Will be interesting to see if that continues. I have my doubts on Mertz. We saw Morgan do it a few years ago. Morgan lost his top WR for the season Saturday. Mertz plays in the Shoe Saturday.

didn’t Graham Mertz & Wisconsin score 14 points against that old defensive juggernaut Washington state?

I wonder what Wisconsin fans were saying that day… Here’s a hint take a look at our board, same shit!!

didn’t Graham Mertz & Wisconsin score 14 points against that old defensive juggernaut Washington state?

I wonder what Wisconsin fans were saying that day… Here’s a hint take a look at our board, same shit!!
I know, Spencer's 11.2 YPA, 6 touchdowns to 2 interception 190 QBR isn't the problem...oh wait those are Mertz's numbers.

We all have to realize that so far Minny and Wisky have much better running games which gives them much more open receivers in play action.

If the Iowa running game was gashing opponents for 250 a game and 6 ypcarry then our passing game should be a lot better (I know, if you can get the ball to the receivers).

Kaleb Johnson is looking great, a threat for a huge run on every play, the Williams guys are very good, and if the passing game backs off opponents the hawks could start running for 5 yards a carry with fewer bad runs

I know, Spencer's 11.2 YPA, 6 touchdowns to 2 interception 190 QBR isn't the problem...oh wait those are Mertz's numbers.

Trivia question of the day what do all four of those quarterbacks have in common?!

All players that their respective fan bases have routinely overtime mercilessly critiqued… Anything else bud?!

I do love these kinds of dialogues. Sometimes it’s too easy!

Trivia question of the day what do all four of those quarterbacks have in common?!

All players that their respective fan bases have routinely overtime mercilessly critiqued… Anything else bud?!

I do love these kinds of dialogues. Sometimes it’s too easy!
I know one thing you and I do not have in common, that is the use of statistics to make decisions. I'll let you get the last word in because I'm tired of the shtick.

Not sold on Mertz at all, neither are Badger fans. Mertz would be close to Spencer Petras levels in Iowa’s offense. I do think Tanner Morgan will be ok though

Most of these Iowa fans are super super myopic they pretty much only see what happens in Iowa city!!

One of my best friends is from Stevens point in Wisconsin. Lived down here most of 20 years. Wisconsin fans are not only negative on Mertz, they’re pretty much negative on Chryst and Wisconsin’s inconsistency!!

The same goes with Northwestern fans and so on and so on and so on….

No matter what people think we aren’t unique?!

Reactions: LetsGoHawks83

I see wisconsin put up 66 points vs New Mexico State. Is Nevada a lot better than New Mexico State?

Fart noises.

Both programs run a lot of safe routes and quick hitters to boost their numbers.

Morgan and the Gophers feasted on teams not named Iowa and Wisconsin with those skinny posts and quick slant routes in 2019, when they had that great WR Corp. That changed though when the talent level dropped off and more teams started picking up on their tells.

Talent level is back up so they're having some more success OOC......but again like always with Minnesota.....let's see them do it against conference foes.

I see wisconsin put up 66 points vs New Mexico State. Is Nevada a lot better than New Mexico State?

See, you get it? It’s as relevant as you want it or don’t want it to be! 66 pts, yet 14 vs Wazzoo?! It’s odd..

Look at the competition both faced. NMSU by both teams. Western ILL and Colorado (maybe worst P5 school this season) for MN and Wash St (loss) and ILL St. for Wisc. Also both QBs have arguably 2 of the top RBs in Big 10 minus maybe OSU guy in the conference which opens up passing game especially against inferior opponents.

ADVERTISEMENT