ADVERTISEMENT

Grant Leeper 2023 Commit

Only played 1 year of high school, senior year after many years in basketball, me thinks there is 'upside' with this recruit...:)
Kind of reminds me of kaevon merriweather. Considered a b-ball recruit and Phil convinced him to go the football route when no one else was offering (2nd team AA so turned out all right for him). Seen so many former b-ball players since Antonio gates find success at TE so I like it for a late addition. Like you said in last post have 2 main guys and lot of younger ones still developing. Be curious who will eventually emerges from that group.

Averaged 15 yards per catch so must have decent speed. Was 6A all state in Indiana so had a strong senior year, which was his only year playing in high school. One of those late hawkeye recruits.

FWIW, haven't heard much about Stec for quite awhile, not sure why.

Averaged 15 yards per catch so must have decent speed. Was 6A all state in Indiana so had a strong senior year, which was his only year playing in high school. One of those late hawkeye recruits.

FWIW, haven't heard much about Stec for quite awhile, not sure why.
Stec committed to Wisky per the above. Will be fun watching Grant develop!

Reactions: Bishop1971
Watching film, not sure of Iowa TE comps just yet but is fluid with the ball, above average speed and he and his HS team loved the TE seam pass and crossers. Maybe a Scott Chandler or Krieger-Coble type HS recruit? Will really excel in the college S&C program, currently 215 lbs.

Watching film, not sure of Iowa TE comps just yet but is fluid with the ball, above average speed and he and his HS team loved the TE seam pass and crossers. Maybe a Scott Chandler or Krieger-Coble type HS recruit? Will really excel in the college S&C program, currently 215 lbs.
Just by size and frame and a guy who was a very good Hs b-ball player reminds me of a guy we have on our current roster.

Although he is coming in the 23 class will he be considered in the 24 numbers since he is a gray- shirt?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT