ADVERTISEMENT

Grassley all in on Iowa election security law

gonegolfing

HB Legend
Jan 6, 2009
Good for Grassley for not worrying about offending the lowest-common denominator in Iowa. Educated adults know this law is a step in the right direction and hopefully something that will pass in all states. Election integrity is essential in a representative Republic. Democrats are working hard to diminish that in key areas, and we as Americans should work hard to prevent them from trying to destroy another American institution.

you are a world class moron and racist POS. sure, despite no evidence of election fraud or issues, GOP in states across the country are trying to fast track significant changes in election laws to make it more difficult to vote. The GOP has been about voter suppression for decades but i'm not sure if their racist intentions and deliberate attempts to silence people of color has been more blatant and disgusting.

oh, Grassley is a senile old man that is a disgrace to the state of Iowa and he should resign immediately. Is he still looking for his pidgin?

Every vote counts.*

* So long as it’s for a GOO candidate.

If not, sign here, we need a photo, a fingerprint, and a cheek swab; show up between 1:00 and 1:15 when democratic voters are welcome, and provide a copy of a birth certificate with a raised seal, with two vouching witnesses.

Then will will let you vote a provisional ballot.

Good for Grassley for not worrying about offending the lowest-common denominator in Iowa. Educated adults know this law is a step in the right direction and hopefully something that will pass in all states. Election integrity is essential in a representative Republic. Democrats are working hard to diminish that in key areas, and we as Americans should work hard to prevent them from trying to destroy another American institution.

CMsc.gif

Passing a law prohibiting false reports of election fraud would do more to address election fraud than these bills will. It's a "solution" in search of a problem which is never a good legislative mission. It ranks right up there with passing laws targeted at one specific school superintendant.

you are a world class moron and racist POS. sure, despite no evidence of election fraud or issues, GOP in states across the country are trying to fast track significant changes in election laws to make it more difficult to vote. The GOP has been about voter suppression for decades but i'm not sure if their racist intentions and deliberate attempts to silence people of color has been more blatant and disgusting.

oh, Grassley is a senile old man that is a disgrace to the state of Iowa and he should resign immediately. Is he still looking for his pidgin?
I have to give you credit. Another leftist finding a way to pin racism on Republicans. Want more secure elections, you're a racist. You want everyone treated equally, you're a racist. You want ice cream with your pie, you're a racist. Sheesh.....

Reactions: Bloody Run Hawk
Passing a law prohibiting false reports of election fraud would do more to address election fraud than these bills will. It's a "solution" in search of a problem which is never a good legislative mission. It ranks right up there with passing laws targeted at one specific school superintendant.
The state went after our old superintendent, and then made us cut around 12 million dollars of our own district money. This has been pretty devastating. More HUGE cuts coming. Yeah, I will never believe Republicans care about Iowa kids, especially ones in public schools. These vindictive people attack any district who stands up to them.

I have to give you credit. Another leftist finding a way to pin racism on Republicans. Want more secure elections, you're a racist. You want everyone treated equally, you're a racist. You want ice cream with your pie, you're a racist. Sheesh.....

Sorry, we get confused by the GOO-supporting Proud Boys, 3%ers, Boogaloo Boys, and the Blood and Soil chants and Confederate flags in the Capitol ...

It’s getting difficult to tell the difference between those groups and the GOO these days.

Still waiting to hear how this proposed legislation will actually improve election integrity or address alleged voter fraud. I say alleged, because to my knowledge every fraud accusation leveled by the GOP has been shown to be essentially unsupported by any evidence, which is the standard that must be met. GOP just making shit up as they go, BAU.

As usual, just keep repeating lies until enough of your uneducated constituents start to believe it's true, facts be damned says the GOP.

This will probably come back to bite them and may bury the GOP for the long term IMO.

the resident dunce chimes in...

trying to restrict voting with the primary targets being people of color, is racist and discriminatory. Its been a GOP tactic for decades but now the GQP has said screw optics, we're gong to be blatant in our racism and discrimination. You embrace it Abby, you ignorant slut.

maxresdefault.jpg

Sorry, we get confused by the GOO-supporting Proud Boys, 3%ers, Boogaloo Boys, and the Blood and Soil chants and Confederate flags in the Capitol ...

It’s getting difficult to tell the difference between those groups and the GOO these days.

Especially when it seems that the majority of Republican politicians and voters no longer respect or believe in our constitution or our democracy with its free and fair elections.

The state went after our old superintendent, and then made us cut around 12 million dollars of our own district money. This has been pretty devastating. More HUGE cuts coming. Yeah, I will never believe Republicans care about Iowa kids, especially ones in public schools. These vindictive people attack any district who stands up to them.

I don't think Republicans care about state employees in general but certainly not anyone involved in public education. I met old Kimmy four years ago yesterday according to Facebook memories and knew she was a fraud from the first minute we shook hands. I used to think she was nice but stupid. Now I know that she's just stupid.

the resident dunce chimes in...

trying to restrict voting with the primary targets being people of color, is racist and discriminatory. Its been a GOP tactic for decades but now the GQP has said screw optics, we're gong to be blatant in our racism and discrimination. You embrace it Abby, you ignorant slut.

maxresdefault.jpg
;) Sure, you're right, nice catch genius, how many unicorns do you own now? How's life in your happy place? Stay away from sharp objects.

People like you are the problem with our country. You a POS human being. To call people racists because they disagree with you qualifies as as a POS

People like you are the problem with our country. You a POS human being. To call people racists because they disagree with you qualifies as as a POS

I call them racists based on their actions, comments and things they support. Pretty simple really. If you support racists that do racists things then you might be racist yourself.

Edit... I see in a recent post you support voter suppression. How very interesting that my comments would touch a nerve within you.

Last edited:
Reactions: Torg and nelly02
So if you get your license to drive in Iowa, and you go on an extended vacation and do no driving for a few months, your license should be revoked? Why?
Maybe I've died? Maybe I moved out of state? If I decide to drive again, I reapply, easy peasy.

Maybe I've died? Maybe I moved out of state? If I decide to drive again, I reapply, easy peasy.
So what purpose would that serve? Why should one have to reapply for a license every time they don't drive for a few months? You're okay with that level of bureaucracy? How would that make things better? Does everyone agree with Abby that you should lose your license to drive for taking an extended vacation out of Iowa?

Reactions: cigaretteman
So if you get your license to drive in Iowa, and you go on an extended vacation and do no driving for a few months, your license should be revoked? Why?

You should advance your scenario to reflect an individual who allows their drivers license to lapse,.. that's closer to what's actually happening here.

You should advance your scenario to reflect an individual who allows their drivers license to lapse,.. that's closer to what's actually happening here.
By not voting in ONE general election? No. It's not. Valiant effort though.

Actually, I think it is,... if you want to be considered a voter, then you don't skip a general election.
If you want to be a driver, you don't decide to vacation somewhere with no cars. Hear how foolish that sounds? It's an asinine argument you are making to support your voter suppression. And I suspect even you understand how inane it is.

Actually, I think it is,... if you want to be considered a voter, then you don't skip a general election.

People are not required to vote. Making it harder to vote is only based in an attempt to manipulate the vote totals.
Specifically to benefit one party.

Reactions: Menace Sockeyes
The Georgia Law massively increased voter access vs. pre-pandemic rules. It slightly rolled back some of adjustments that were made for voting in a pandemic. We went from no drop boxes before the pandemic, to 24 hour drop boxes for the pandemic, to now having permanent drop boxes, but not outside 24 hours. More early voting, more weekend voting, etc. It's like the 10th most open access election law in the country.

I agree there hasn't been election fraud on the level to tip elections. However, comparing fraud levels against much, much more restrictive election rules pre-pandemic is only so helpful.

If we're moving to a system that's mostly absentee, etc, there is nothing wrong with reasonable security to be able to certify legitimate elections. It's been scientifically proven that voting "restrictions" or expanded access have little effect on turnout. It isn't hard to vote, it's never been that hard to vote, and people that want to vote do vote. The rhetoric of "suppressing the vote" is just that, rhetoric. Having drop boxes available 16 hours a day instead of 24 will not materially suppress black votes or anyone's votes.

However, having a modicum of verification in place DOES eliminate the cover for bullshit opportunists to call "fraud" every time the election doesn't go that way, which has now happened in Georgia from each party in successive cycles, with no evidence.

That's the purpose isn't to stop non-existent fraud happening under our old election system, it's to prevent potential fraud with much broader access and much less in-person voting, and most of all it's to remove the space for sore losers to call fraud every election.

The Georgia Law massively increased voter access vs. pre-pandemic rules. It slightly rolled back some of adjustments that were made for voting in a pandemic. We went from no drop boxes before the pandemic, to 24 hour drop boxes for the pandemic, to now having permanent drop boxes, but not outside 24 hours. More early voting, more weekend voting, etc. It's like the 10th most open access election law in the country.

I agree there hasn't been election fraud on the level to tip elections. However, comparing fraud levels against much, much more restrictive election rules pre-pandemic is only so helpful.

If we're moving to a system that's mostly absentee, etc, there is nothing wrong with reasonable security to be able to certify legitimate elections. It's been scientifically proven that voting "restrictions" or expanded access have little effect on turnout. It isn't hard to vote, it's never been that hard to vote, and people that want to vote do vote. The rhetoric of "suppressing the vote" is just that, rhetoric. Having drop boxes available 16 hours a day instead of 24 will not materially suppress black votes or anyone's votes.

However, having a modicum of verification in place DOES eliminate the cover for bullshit opportunists to call "fraud" every time the election doesn't go that way, which has now happened in Georgia from each party in successive cycles, with no evidence.

That's the purpose isn't to stop non-existent fraud happening under our old election system, it's to prevent potential fraud with much broader access and much less in-person voting, and most of all it's to remove the space for sore losers to call fraud every election.
I will say this: Iowa’s law is worse than Georgia’s. That’s about all I can say for Georgia’s.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT