ADVERTISEMENT

Grassley makes a dig at Trump

I guess Old Chuck gets it.

That said, Chuck could stand in the middle of Des Moines for a week, screaming how much Trump needs to go away, and that wouldn't be enough for a lot of people on the left.
Chuck took the stage with Trump a week ago. Let's not put Chuck up on the Mt. Rushmore of courageous politicians just yet.
Second point, and I recognize you don't know too much about Iowa, but Chuck would never appear in public in Des Moines.

Sen. Charles E. Grassley (R-Iowa) wants the GOP to focus on the future, in what could be seen as a subtle dig against former president Donald Trump ahead of his expected announcement next week of a 2024 run. Grassley wrote on Twitter, “Quit talking abt 2020,” and echoed Abraham Lincoln’s advice that “the true cure” for one election “is in the next election.”

Now Iowa elected 2 Chucks? Chuck the politician and Chuck the political hack? We tune in daily to see which one went for the morning run? Does Chuck get 2 votes in the Senate, now?

Always remember Chuck for his disservice to America as Chair of the Judiciary as he bent "facts
" to fit his Party's agenda (the Garland nomination, but agreeing to hear Barrett nomination).....A "Profile in Courage" Grassley ain't. A cuckold of ol' Moscow Mitch, he is.
One thing "we" can count on though....If Trump becomes the nominee, Grassley will be first or second in line to wipe the Orange Turd's ass. Because that's the kind of guy the ol' Chuckster has become. (But he will wipe DeSantis' butt too, if needed.)

I believe what they show us. I.e. no integrity. From anyone. And the fistful of exceptions get muzzled by groupthink or leave.
Think Joe Manchin....He is one of the few in the US Senate who told everyone what he needed and stuck to his guns. Yes he is a politician but Manchin has the balls to stand up to his own when he thinks it is needed. A lot of new age Dems really don't like Manchin......I'd love to have a cocktail with him and "thank " him for a job well done.

I guess Old Chuck gets it.

That said, Chuck could stand in the middle of Des Moines for a week, screaming how much Trump needs to go away, and that wouldn't be enough for a lot of people on the left.
Well you don't have to be a cynic on the level of Bill Maher or George Carlin to see that the timing is more than a little convenient.

Think Joe Manchin....He is one of the few in the US Senate who told everyone what he needed and stuck to his guns. Yes he is a politician but Manchin has the balls to stand up to his own when he thinks it is needed. A lot of new age Dems really don't like Manchin......I'd love to have a cocktail with him and "thank " him for a job well done.
I'm a big manchin fan. But to argue he has integrity is a leap.

He held the party hostage over ridiculous demands…fvck that guy.

I'm a big manchin fan. But to argue he has integrity is a leap.
He has "the integrity" to tell his Party what he needs and why he needs it...publicly and stand by what he says. The rest can be "politics" but integrity he has. Grassley has been nothing but a complete embarrassment for the past 15 years or so. Weak, wishy-washy and supported by folks who would follow Hitler is he had an "R" by his name.

Reactions: HROT
He has "the integrity" to tell his Party what he needs and why he needs it...publicly and stand by what he says. The rest can be "politics" but integrity he has. Grassley has been nothing but a complete embarrassment for the past 15 years or so. Weak, wishy-washy and supported by folks who would follow Hitler is he had an "R" by his name.
Very much disagree, but since we found a national level politician we both support, I'll call that a win and a formula for future pols.

He held the party hostage over ridiculous demands…fvck that guy.
Financial security/ fiscal responsibility of the nation is hardly a ridiculous demand. Sorry.....Im pretty liberal but things COST money and methods of payment need to be made before dispersing the cash......which was the pure genius of the Bill Clinton Presidency.

Reactions: notlongago
ADVERTISEMENT