ADVERTISEMENT

Grassley makes a dig at Trump

Financial security/ fiscal responsibility of the nation is hardly a ridiculous demand. Sorry.....Im pretty liberal but things COST money and methods of payment need to be made before dispersing the cash......which was the pure genius of the Bill Clinton Presidency.
I think that’s crap. He selfishly wanted concessions for fossil fuels and his biggest campaign donors. Nothing more, nothing less. He’s garbage.

You wanted to give him credit for not going along with Trump’s BS plan to screw with the election, but then Grassley apparently didn’t care enough to hold Trump responsible for it. So I’m not that impressed Grassley is now, finally, speaking out about moving on.
You (or someone asked) if I'd argue he supported it. He didn't support it.

I think that’s crap. He selfishly wanted concessions for fossil fuels and his biggest campaign donors. Nothing more, nothing less. He’s garbage.
He's a politician. AND, he told you exactly what he wanted, straight up. Never said he was a choir boy. He has to get re-elected too.
But, he has always been very upfront. And "honest".

Reactions: notlongago
He's a politician. AND, he told you exactly what he wanted, straight up. Never said he was a choir boy. He has to get re-elected too.
But, he has always been very upfront. And "honest".
Yeah, he’s a politician, exactly my point. He’ only cares about his own self interests. You painted him as some kind of hero lol.

Reactions: cigaretteman
Yeah, he’s a politician, exactly my point. He’ only cares about his own self interests. You painted him as some kind of hero lol.
I stated he shows a lot of "integrity"...he doesn't lie about where he stands. That's what we do in America. I don't agree with every body I come in contact with.....but if they are straight shooters, I can certainly appreciate them.

Sen. Charles E. Grassley (R-Iowa) wants the GOP to focus on the future, in what could be seen as a subtle dig against former president Donald Trump ahead of his expected announcement next week of a 2024 run. Grassley wrote on Twitter, “Quit talking abt 2020,” and echoed Abraham Lincoln’s advice that “the true cure” for one election “is in the next election.”

Given his age, Grassley should focus on his future.

Yeah, Grassley can take a hike….you were just standing on the stage with him a week ago. It’s pathetic. I actually have more respect for Trump than I do some of these other people that say one thing then turn around and suck up to him to kiss the ring. Like Cruz, after he says all that stuff about his family he just sucks right back up to Trump.

He held the party hostage over ridiculous demands…fvck that guy.
True. But, it’s better to have him there than Senator Cletus Von Invermectin as political commentator Tim Miller says. WV will elect a full blown crazy to that seat as soon as he retires.
Manchin delivered on a few things, and he kept the judicial nominees moving.

Wasn’t he at a Trump rally a week ago promising to investigate Hunter Biden?

I guess Grassley figures he won’t have to run again.

He's safe from Cheeto so now he talks tough. The former Nebraska senator and new UFelon president did something similar after he was re-elected. Such profiles in courage. Both should have a highway named for them.

When Grassley was born there were 27 states. An amazing fact he learned from his school marm Goldmom.

Chuck is a proverbial joke. He appeared in Sioux City just over a week ago at a rally sucking up to Trump which also featured the likes of MTG. A year ago in Des Moines he was at a Stop the Steal rally gladly accepting the endorsement of Trump. Incredibly, Iowans forego their own self interests and keep voting for this guy who consistently votes against the wants of his constituents.

You wanted to give him credit for not going along with Trump’s BS plan to screw with the election, but then Grassley apparently didn’t care enough to hold Trump responsible for it. So I’m not that impressed Grassley is now, finally, speaking out about moving on.
Had there been a red wave empowered by Trump, Grassley would be on his knees in front of the Donald with mouth gaping. He's "speaking out" because he's betting Trump's hold is broken.

Now that Dim Kim was reelected, Senile Chuck can resign, right?

Before he gets run over by his lawnmower?

I'll fly my flag at half staff for the occasion.

Chuck is a proverbial joke. He appeared in Sioux City just over a week ago at a rally sucking up to Trump which also featured the likes of MTG. A year ago in Des Moines he was at a Stop the Steal rally gladly accepting the endorsement of Trump. Incredibly, Iowans forego their own self interests and keep voting for this guy who consistently votes against the wants of his constituents.
Iowans are just Red-assed Republicans for the most part. The further west in Iowa you go, the redder it gets....and the poorer, more e inimical,y depressed a town is, Chances are, its pretty red too.
Iowans turned on “unions” and good paying jobs in the 60’s and 70’s, allowed large corporate employers in the state to take advNtage of the state añd then helped them pack up and leave the state, taking their money and assets with them..Instead of blaming corporate greed and selfishness Iowans chose to blame “greedy unions”...and then these towns and population centers went broke. Huh, wonder how that happened?'

I stated he shows a lot of "integrity"...he doesn't lie about where he stands. That's what we do in America. I don't agree with every body I come in contact with.....but if they are straight shooters, I can certainly appreciate them.
Liz Cheney

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT